Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
and yet he quoted takeovers....yeah

His recent post regarding Usmanov to everton creates hysteria (maybe an exaggeration)

His facts to which were relevant and appreciated by me months ago are now old news. Takeover information regarding Moshiri and Usmanov now need to simmer down and we can see what happens.

Don't get me wrong id love the other guy to follow Moshiri BUT people need to stop mentioning Usmanov. It makes me assume I've missed a bit of ITK information. Nobody has absolutely any information on this. The people who have been speaking logic say he's just purchased more shares in Arsenal. Theres no point in him doing so if he is to sell up.
We can all dream but can we all just chill out and be delighted that Moshiri a BILLIONAIRE has invested in our skint club in his own right!
Absolutely correct.
Let's give Mr Moshiri the respect and time to implement what he believes will drive us forward without constantly mentioning him with Mr Usmanov.
What happens down the track would be an added bonus to us if Mr Moshiri brings any other investor to the Board to achieve his goals.
We haven't even heard him speak yet folks. :)

But made waves, and as a result gets certain information and also misinformation passed to him. This is my point and it sure looks fine.

Were getting a little sidetracked here. Basically absolutely nobody minus Moshiri Usmanov and some select few know anything about future investment by anybody. Too many people claim to have their ears to the ground and need to stop. What will be will be.

Were getting a little sidetracked here. Basically absolutely nobody minus Moshiri Usmanov and some select few know anything about future investment by anybody. Too many people claim to have their ears to the ground and need to stop. What will be will be.
Agreed, I've simmered down now and in the words of a great philosopher:

"When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother, "What will I be?
Will I be pretty, will I be rich?"
Here's what she said to me
"Que Sera, Sera, Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours to see"

Wise words for any Evertonians that contemplate the existential possibilities of our condition.

RE: Usmanov coming...

Also I don't know if all this has been said already, but I think it could well happen.
Selling shares takes time, and selling a lot of shares takes a lot of time...Unless you're selling them to your business partner who is also your friend.

If Moshiri sold his half (15% of Arsenal) to Usmanov for 200 million, then Usmanov now has 400 million worth of shares to shift. Finding a buyer for all that lot would take a long time.

Way I see it, the Moores/Noelle interest forced them to move quickly, and the fastest way is for Moshiri to quickly transfer his 15% to his mate, who now holds the 30% and tries to sell them. Meanwhile Moshiri takes the 200m quid and gets a foot in the door at Everton, squashing any other interest in the club.
When Usmanov has offloaded the 30% of Arsenal, pocketing 400+ million quid - why not buy the other 50% of Eveton and be a partnership again, but this time at a club where they have control and not being blocked from the board and denied any influence by Kroenke at Arsenal.

Or even..(and I don't like this as much, I like the look of Moshiri)...
Usmanov buys 100% of Everton. The 49.9% could be bought easily from his friend Moshiri, and it's the perfect launching point for a takeover of the remaining 50.01%.

They've done everything together since 2006 and Moshiri owes his fortune to Usmanov.
Usmanov is good friends with Abramovich (and worth twice as much money!) and maybe he wants the same influence Roman has at Chelsea...so he's bailing on Arsenal and going elsewhere.

It adds up...it really does.

Also I don't know if all this has been said already, but I think it could well happen.
Selling shares takes time, and selling a lot of shares takes a lot of time...Unless you're selling them to your business partner who is also your friend.

If Moshiri sold his half (15% of Arsenal) to Usmanov for 200 million, then Usmanov now has 400 million worth of shares to shift. Finding a buyer for all that lot would take a long time.

Way I see it, the Moores/Noelle interest forced them to move quickly, and the fastest way is for Moshiri to quickly transfer his 15% to his mate, who now holds the 30% and tries to sell them. Meanwhile Moshiri takes the 200m quid and gets a foot in the door at Everton, squashing any other interest in the club.
When Usmanov has offloaded the 30% of Arsenal, pocketing 400+ million quid - why not buy the other 50% of Eveton and be a partnership again, but this time at a club where they have control and not being blocked from the board and denied any influence by Kroenke at Arsenal.

Usmanov buys 100% of Everton. The 49.9% could be bought easily from his friend Moshiri, and it's the perfect launching point for a takeover of the remaining 50.01%.

They've done everything together since 2006 and Moshiri owes his fortune to Usmanov.
Usmanov is good friends with Abramovich (and worth twice as much money!) and maybe he wants the same influence Roman has at Chelsea...so he's bailing on Arsenal and going elsewhere.

Stop what you are doing and digest this:

One of the great conspiracy theories of our time there mate ;)

Following on from the Guardian announcement, the board holdings are now:

Mr Moshiri 17,465 shares (49.9%)
Bill Kenwright 4,522 shares (12.9%)
Jon Woods 3,311 shares (9.5%)

In order to make up the 17,465 shares Mr Moshiri bought 8,146 from Earl, 4,522 from Kenwright, 3,311 from Woods and acquired 1,486 from another shareholder. The only shareholders with more than 1,486 shares prior to the transaction were Granchester with 2,773 and Abercromby with 1,935, so the assumption must be they came from either of those parties.

Following on from the Guardian announcement, the board holdings are now:

Mr Moshiri 17,465 shares (49.9%)
Bill Kenwright 4,522 shares (12.9%)
Jon Woods 3,311 shares (9.5%)

In order to make up the 17,465 shares Mr Moshiri bought 8,146 from Earl, 4,522 from Kenwright, 3,311 from Woods and acquired 1,486 from another shareholder. The only shareholders with more than 1,486 shares prior to the transaction were Granchester with 2,773 and Abercromby with 1,935, so the assumption must be they came from either of those parties.
Wonder what will be of them in the future. Will they want to hang around or take what they are offered when the time comes?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back