Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Would Usmanov's major shareholding in Metalloinvest mean that they wouldn't be able to sponsor us?
Seeing as it is common practice for billionaires to sponsor the club with a business they are involved in , I wondered whether there were anything that might prohibit a company whose major shareholder is also a major shareholder in another club from sponsoring us.
Theoretical situation obvs

I read in the Moshiri/Usmanov letter sent to Arsenal's board (in 2012 I think) that Usmanov doesn't sit on the boards of any of the businesses he invests in.
So maybe since he is not a director at Metallovinvest it wouldn't be a factor, since he wouldn't be able to vote to approve the sponsorship deal.
I don't know much about these things though...

EDIT:
Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/18725835
[The bit about urging them to spend on the squad is good to see!]

Quote:
As you all know well, Mr Usmanov has never sought for himself a Board seat at the Club. Indeed Mr Usmanov does not hold any board seat in any of the companies where he is an investor. Since the purchase of our first share in the Club, we have not only steadfastly adhered to a policy of non-interference in the running of the Club, but have consistently supported the management and given no reason whatsoever to be accused of subversion or sabotage.

Last edited:
http://www.theguardian.com/football...rton-farhad-moshiri-takeover?CMP=share_btn_tw

The Everton chairman, Bill Kenwright, is selling half his 26% shareholding as part of the deal by which the investor Farhad Moshiri is buying 49.9% of the club. Agreed after a long search by Kenwright for a wealthy investor, the deal valuesEverton at £175m, which means Kenwright will be paid £22.75m for the approximate 13% stake he is selling now. Kenwright is staying on as chairman and Moshiri has an option to buy a majority stake in future circumstances which have not been publicly disclosed.

The American Robert Earl, founder of the Planet Hollywood chain, is selling all his 23% Everton stake which he has owned since 2006 without playing an active role in the club, for which he will be paid £40.25m. The other approximate 13% Moshiri will buy is being sold by Jon Woods, a local director who founded the computer entertainment company Ocean Software, and another minority shareholder, the Guardian understands.

A source close to Usmanov and Moshiri said Usmanov is an Arsenal fan who wanted to own the stake himself, as he continues to covet a majority shareholding which is not on offer from the club’s majority shareholder, the US investor Stan Kroenke. Selling to Usmanov freed Moshiri to make his investment in Everton.

Usmanov and Moshiri are long-term partners, a relationship which began when Moshiri, a chartered accountant, began to advise Usmanov as a client. Moshiri came to England when his family left Iran before the 1979 revolution; he worked as an accountant at Deloitte, then in 1993 moved to work full time for one of Usmanov’s investment companies, Middlesex Holdings.

Usmanov has since amassed a multi-billion pound fortune rooted in Metalloinvest, Russia’s largest iron ore miner, and he is reported to have granted Moshiri a 10% stake in the holding company in 2008. Other noted investments by the pair include a stake in Facebook sold at a profit said to be in the billions, current stakes in Russian telecommunications, and digital companies including Spotify and Airbnb.

The Premier League is expected to pass Moshiri under its fit-and-proper-person owners and directors test next week, clearing the 49.9% purchase.

I wonder who the other minority shareholder is?!

Don't get me wrong id love the other guy to follow Moshiri BUT people need to stop mentioning Usmanov. It makes me assume I've missed a bit of ITK information. Nobody has absolutely any information on this. The people who have been speaking logic say he's just purchased more shares in Arsenal. Theres no point in him doing so if he is to sell up.
We can all dream but can we all just chill out and be delighted that Moshiri a BILLIONAIRE has invested in our skint club in his own right!

Watched Toffee doesn't know anything
He knew that something was amiss with the way that Everton was being run and didn't start from a position of denial like some Blues.

He made some waves in the discussion of the board, every chance some people with actual knowledge will feed him some of it (and every chance some will feed him BS). Just keep an open mind brother and we can stay mellowed.

He knew that something was amiss with the way that Everton was being run and didn't start from a position of denial like some Blues.

He made some waves in the discussion of the board, every chance some people with actual knowledge will feed him some of it (and every chance some will feed him BS). Just keep an open mind brother and we can stay mellowed.
That doesn't mean he knows anything about takeovers. Companies house is what watched toffee used. Anyone can access it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back