Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
It's exchange listed, but the free float is at most 3,3% of the shares. Which means it's not really. There are usually different rules for large (>5%) shareholders of how and when they are allowed to sell their shares.
There are?
Would you point me in the direction of anything restricting anyone's right to sell shares other than the disclosures required in listed companies and attendant possible trigger points for takeover etc.

Everyone has had an amazing price of news, something we have waited such a long time for. But as always foowing such a lift there is the comedown and us evertonians do it better than most. I read and appreciate everyone's point of view but come on. 4-5 days after the ecstasy let's not start looking for negatives. This guy is the real deal, he's now with us, a part of us. With a big point to prove!! If the true Everton hasn't already tugged at his strings (heart and purse) Its only a matter of time. Buying 49.9 percent was a huge statement ..........to begin with! Let's stop worrying about the FA, ( he has been involved with Arsenal for years, only in the background because he and his friend were forced to be), there's no conspiracy, nothing underhand, no illegal activity. Just a guy with lots of money who wants to be the man who done something in the premier league, now he has the chance to do it. .....my opinion anyway.

There are?
Would you point me in the direction of anything restricting anyone's right to sell shares other than the disclosures required in listed companies and attendant possible trigger points for takeover etc.
I can't mate, my area of expertise isn't in UK securities regulation, but I know in many countries there are a raft of regulations and restriction that come into play when you hit 5% ownership.

image.webp He's just posted this on Twitter

I can't mate, my area of expertise isn't in UK securities regulation, but I know in many countries there are a raft of regulations and restriction that come into play when you hit 5% ownership.

The regulations in the UK relate to notifying the market, as do most if not all public markets. They don't place restrictions generally on the trading of shares just that when you have a notifiable interest you must notify the market of your trade. (Unless we are talking about takeover situations).

I'm not a securities lawyer anyway....

The regulations in the UK relate to notifying the market, as do most if not all public markets. They don't place restrictions generally on the trading of shares just that when you have a notifiable interest you must notify the market of your trade. (Unless we are talking about takeover situations).

I'm not a securities lawyer anyway....
nor am i, i just remember for certain things having to look through SEC and ECB regs and having to jump through a lot of hoops once your stake reached 5%, not that there aren't ways around it, like what Porsche did with Volkswagen (but that's a different story entirely)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back