Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I think you ought to name your source to maintain your credibility....

You know my source, ive declared my source many times on here, her name is Tinkerbell and shes a cat that knows everything.

Credibilty?? ME? That is not for which I seek......

No but really read something on monday that indicated today, trying to find it, but no point really as its clearly a pile of horse ssss.

The Arsenal shares are held in Red and White Holdings because the Arsenal Articles of Association allow Kroenke to block the transfer of shares greater in number than 1% of the shares in issue.
This sounds incredibly odd for a publicly traded plc. (ISDX from memory)
Only looked at Arsenal FC. Plc Articles adopted in 2009, and the articles relating to Transmission of shares etc from Art 35 et seq don't indicate that this is the case anyone can sell all their holding is the way I read it, but will stand corrected.
You know me,I get a little OCD about stuff like this.

Poor cow is probably in some sort of professional counselling session today. Not sure if that is down to the attempts to set her up with someone off GOT or the prospect of setting her up as some sort of play thing on the team bus for those long journeys around the country.
Christ, what they get carlos to say to her?

This is from the link, that's a licence to print money having a decent stake in such a huge successful business, on top of everything else.
Today, Everton’s new investor still owns a 10% stake in Mr Usmanov’s multi-billion pound business empire, said to be worth around $20bn.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor.../everton-can-benefit-farhad-moshiris-10980141
What would the FA think of this?, I am getting oddly worried about something going wrong here....

Would Usmanov's major shareholding in Metalloinvest mean that they wouldn't be able to sponsor us?
Seeing as it is common practice for billionaires to sponsor the club with a business they are involved in , I wondered whether there were anything that might prohibit a company whose major shareholder is also a major shareholder in another club from sponsoring us.
Theoretical situation obvs
I know 0 about the subject at hand but surely if City can have Etihad as sponsors we could have Metalloinvest?

Only looked at Arsenal FC. Plc Articles adopted in 2009, and the articles relating to Transmission of shares etc from Art 35 et seq don't indicate that this is the case anyone can sell all their holding is the way I read it, but will stand corrected.
It's exchange listed, but the free float is at most 3,3% of the shares. Which means it's not really. There are usually different rules for large (>5%) shareholders of how and when they are allowed to sell their shares.

You may be right I can't check at the moment. I had a hand written note with it on, and it's in my hand writing. Weird, thanks for picking up. Will check later

It’s good news that Everton has a new major shareholder.

Farhad Moshiri has spent tens of millions of pounds buying almost half the club’s shares from some of its principal shareholders. We know that Mr Moshiri has bought out Robert Earl’s shareholding completely and he has bought part of the shareholdings of Bill Kenwright and Jon Woods, but we are still in the dark about the exact quantities of Kenwright’s and Woods’ shares that have changed hands.

While we are promised full disclosure about the share transactions once the deal has been ratified by the Premier League, it is mystifying why we haven’t been told already.

Team manager Roberto Martinez has revealed there is a plan for Mr Moshiri’s stake to rise beyond 50% at some unspecified point in the future. This two-phase acquisition process is a little puzzling. Why didn’t Mr Moshiri buy a controlling stake from the outset?

Nor will these share transactions be the end of the story.

Another move by Mr Moshiri can be expected shortly. That’s because he needs to invest fresh money to bolster the playing squad and to build a badly needed new stadium – or at the very least to improve Goodison Park.

Mr Moshiri has two options about how to proceed from here. He may try to buy more shares from any of the club’s shareholders to take his own holding to more than 50%, which would give him control of the club.

Alternatively, he might consider a rights issue, which would allow him to increase his holding in the club and, crucially, would result in fresh capital reaching the club’s coffers.

What is for sure is that he has the business know-how to make a big difference to Everton.

Mr Moshiri’s investment is well timed, coming ahead of an anticipated influx of large sums of television cash that will bolster the finances of all Premier League clubs. The combination of new TV cash and Mr Moshri’s millions may be just what is needed to take the club forward.

As for Bill Kenwright’s tenure as club owner, it has been a period of steady progress, but not sufficient progress to win a single trophy.

Winning trophies is, of course, the ultimate aim of any football club.

That will be the proof of the pudding for Mr Moshiri. Fans will want to see fresh silverware adorning the club’s trophy room sometime in the next few seasons.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/business/bill-gleeson-new-everton-shareholders-10979209

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back