Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Given how he dispatched of Martinez and Koeman I'd honestly find it bizarre if he actually stuck with Sam Allardyce for next season. Just utterly disconnecting stuff.

Maybe it’s because of how he dispatched with them that keeps Sam safe.

He has forked out upwards of £20 million in compo to the two of them and with each firing we are getting progressively worse.

I honestly think he is in the same bind a Pontoon player finds himself in when sitting on 16.

Does he stick or does he twist :Blink:

This carpet bagger is out of his depth here. If that stadium scheme becomes a saga running into the Autumn with nothing tangible achieved and Sam Allarrdyce is in the dugout he'll face enormous protests.

This feller is a chancer. Almost sure of that now.
I'm starting to believe your right Davek.

I'm starting to believe your right Davek.
He's a charlatan. There's no question of that. When he first arrived he eagerly stoked the perception that he was here to back the club with finances above and beyond what the club could generate and that he'd be the difference in the stadium quest.

What in reality have we seen though? Squad spending on fees, wages, agents etc taken care of by the £375M generated by the club in bumper player sales and a massive new tv deal and a stadium scheme that gets the public sector to put all the cash up initially for stadium funds and will be paid back by Everton over 25 years (£500M + £7M p.a. interest).

How do some people still see the man as credible? It staggers me.

He's a charlatan. There's no question of that. When he first arrived he eagerly stoked the perception that he was here to back the club with finances above and beyond what the club could generate and that he'd be the difference in the stadium quest.

What in reality have we seen though? Squad spending on fees, wages, agents etc taken care of by the £375M generated by the club in bumper player sales and a massive new tv deal and a stadium scheme that gets the public sector to put all the cash up initially for stadium funds and will be paid back by Everton over 25 years (£500M + £7M p.a. interest).

How do some people still see the man as credible? It staggers me.

Love the way you keep claiming he hasnt spent a penny David.

We have only spent our own money.

The club paid off 45m in debts
The club spent 52m on Managers comp
The club spent 40m on Agents fees
The club bought the Liver Buildings
The club bought the Bramley Dock land
and then the club spent 280m on player purchases
and 200m on player wages

Not bad for a club with a turnover of 150m a year.

Can you come round to ours later and do my accounts, I could probably afford a Lambo after youve finished.

Sam was his fall back option . We know that and he knew that. He wanted 3 years and we went back with 18 months. Likely been told if he keeps us up we can pay him off end of season. We are looking to employ a Dutch DOF who is renowned for bringing through youth yet Sam is reluctant to play them. See Lookman.

and 200m on player wages

Can you come round to ours later and do my accounts, I could probably afford a Lambo after youve finished.

To expand on this, just to put to bed the farce that he hasnt spent a penny.

Since he "bought in"

80m purchase price
45m in debts
40m on Agent fees
52m on managers comp
35m for the liver buildings
20m on land
280m in player purchases
220m on wages

772m total outlay

160m in player sales
290 in revenue

450m total incomings

322million English pounds

But you cant include these things, cos they dont fit peoples agenda, he hasnt spent a penny.

Since he "bought in"

80m purchase price
45m in debts
40m on Agent fees
52m on managers comp
20m on land
280m in player purchases
220m on wages

772m total outlay

160m in player sales
290 in revenue

450m total incomings

But you cant include these things, cos they dont fit peoples agenda, he hasnt spent a penny.

"a fool and his money" ....

Since he "bought in"

80m purchase price
45m in debts
40m on Agent fees
52m on managers comp
20m on land
280m in player purchases
220m on wages

772m total outlay

160m in player sales
290 in revenue

450m total incomings

Your calculations are full of blags though. Everton don't own the Liver Building, nor do they own BMD, and your figures regarding our expenditure seem to be growing bigger and bigger by the day, whilst your figures regarding player sales keep getting smaller.

If your accountancy is so much better than Dave K's, then maybe you can let us know where we stand with FFP, y'know, with his absolutely unequivocal 322 million pound investment into Everton thus far? Clarifying exactly how much we sold Lukaku for would be handy too, as well as how much has been spent on BMD? They said 9 million at the AGM, but along with the well documented 20 million pound purchase of BMD, then this must take our expenditure up to 29 million, which is quite a hefty figure for a project that doesn't even have a planning application or even a clue about how it's going to be funded?

If he had put the figures in that you claim he has, and I don't for one minute believe that he has, then we are screwed because it's not remotely sustainable and it's done nothing but take us backwards anyway.

Should we be expecting some more investment this summer? Or will the tap be turned off now that he has totally revolutionised the club with his unequivocal 332 million pound investment?

And yet hes meant to be "the poorest billionaire in the league".

Since Moshiri took over, only 2 owners in world football have spent more money on the clubs they own Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan of Manchester City and Nasser Ghanim Al-Khelaifi of PSG.

I mean sorry he cant compete with people who own countries like.

I agree with you. It is typical Everton though that even with a `billionaire who bankrolls` us we
are still crap

Your calculations are full of blags though. Everton don't own the Liver Building, nor do they own BMD, and your figures regarding our expenditure seem to be growing bigger and bigger by the day, whilst your figures regarding player sales keep getting smaller.

If your accountancy is so much better than Dave K's, then maybe you can let us know where we stand with FFP, y'know, with his absolutely unequivocal 322 million pound investment into Everton thus far? Clarifying exactly how much we sold Lukaku for would be handy too, as well as how much has been spent on BMD? They said 9 million at the AGM, but along with the well documented 20 million pound purchase of BMD, then this must take our expenditure up to 29 million, which is quite a hefty figure for a project that doesn't even have a planning application or even a clue about how it's going to be funded?

If he had put the figures in that you claim he has, and I don't for one minute believe that he has, then we are screwed because it's not remotely sustainable and it's done nothing but take us backwards anyway.

Should we be expecting some more investment this summer? Or will the tap be turned off now that he has totally revolutionised the club with his unequivocal 332 million pound investment?

Yes and thats why he is keeping Alladyce

and 200m on player wages

lol

Since he "bought in"

80m purchase price
45m in debts
40m on Agent fees
52m on managers comp
20m on land
280m in player purchases
220m on wages

772m total outlay

160m in player sales
290 in revenue

450m total incomings

But what have we got to show for it Mate absolutely nothing !

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back