Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
There is currently a hole where there should be leadership.
If this is necessary due to the much anticipated root and branch re-structuring of the club , than it is understandable and
forgivable.
If it is just a result of hunkering down and hoping to avoid criticism, it is a cowardly failing.
My own nagging fear is that all the talk of drastically reducing squad size under a mediocre but hopefully stable manager, fits the template of an owner who has discovered he is in over his head and neither has nor is willing to commit any further funds or time to the club. Instead he is more concerned with safeguarding his investment , in the hope he can divest himself of it with the least possible loss in the near future. Such a turn of events rarely ends well for the club in question.
Surely the squad does need reducing? When Poch when in at Spurs he stressed the need to trim the squad to a manageable size,which has worked for them.There is a fair amount of dead wood kicking around our club that needs legging out the door.

My recollection is not that his teams played “cracking togger” but that he was overly defensive and as a result he was not at all popular with us fans.
His persistence in playing the mediocre Pearson instead of McKenzie drove everyone mad! However I will agree that, on reflection, Lee’s teams performed better than they were perceived at the time.

Maybe he was great at managing teams that Bingham assembled but went off the rails when he was let loose with the budget.
Like Mickey Walsh. Record transfer fee for England at the time. Up there as one of our worst signings ever.

Spill the beans Roydo.
Paper talk is they are losing Rose and Alderwield ,
Kane and Ali have suitors that will treble their wages and Dembele is for sale
That’s half their first 11
Their owner doesn’t put a penny of his own into the club and the new stadium will be a burden.
The NFL will shaft them if the Wembley buyout goes ahead
What have you heard or are you not at Liberty to say
Maybe @RobSpurs knows more

Pretty much what you said mate.

Heard nothing, just my own musings.

Pretty much what you said mate.

Heard nothing, just my own musings.
Hi. I can definitely confirm that there were money issues at Spurs with funding the stadium but they have releveraged the deal (I believe). In terms of the NFL going to Wembley, it will have very little effect to their bottom line if they continue to get CL football. It was only a couple of games a year with the outside chance of a team going there permanently. But that was always an outside chance because the PL runs alongside the NFL and it would be too hard. It won't hurt them long-term.

Nobody knows what needs to happen in order for Moshiri to exercise the purchase.

So far ive seen only guesswork, people stated it was 2 years after, a report last week stated it was August this year and of course a few people have stated its tied into any stadium work.

But yeah, its all guesswork.
Exactly, it's all conjecture.

Hi. I can definitely confirm that there were money issues at Spurs with funding the stadium but they have releveraged the deal (I believe). In terms of the NFL going to Wembley, it will have very little effect to their bottom line if they continue to get CL football. It was only a couple of games a year with the outside chance of a team going there permanently. But that was always an outside chance because the PL runs alongside the NFL and it would be too hard. It won't hurt them long-term.

My musings were not really based on the mechanics of the funding, more the actual reality of where they currently are. And how they are extremely vulnerable to a few not unlikely combination of factors happening, which could be pretty damaging to their progression. If not terminal.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back