Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
What are the club playing at? Moshiri wants to run the club from the shadows. Get the **** out of it. Step up and run the club properly. The reason why we are are listless is because nobody is at the helm. How can Everton move forward when no-one, not even the Red Echo knows who is running it?

We need a boss, a leader, someone who sets direction and policy from the top down. Not this fudge of old cronies and an absentee landlord who has the substance of a specter. Step out into the light so we can all take a good look at you Moshiri. Let us see who you are? This cloak and dagger bollox, it ain't cutting it for me.

We need Phillip Schofield , he runs ITV fairly succesfully, mind you he does like jobs for the boys.lollol(sorry laughing at my own crap joke there)

Lukaku and Barkley wouldnt sign new deals and we didnt have a say in the matter with Deulofeu. Stones, I agree to a point but Liverpool sold Sterling and Spurs sold Walker to them, both teams seemed to survive.

Sometimes you lose players to bigger or richer clubs, there are very few in the world who can hold onto players in that scenario.
Agreed even Barca lose players

I couldnt care less what pundits and media folk say, or think about us. Most are clueless, some have an agenda, arsed.

Gonna look forward to how they explain away the imminent Spurs implosion. And you can vault me on that.
Spill the beans Roydo.
Paper talk is they are losing Rose and Alderwield ,
Kane and Ali have suitors that will treble their wages and Dembele is for sale
That’s half their first 11
Their owner doesn’t put a penny of his own into the club and the new stadium will be a burden.
The NFL will shaft them if the Wembley buyout goes ahead
What have you heard or are you not at Liberty to say
Maybe @RobSpurs knows more

I guess actions speak louder than words and the fact GP is sold out every match, and the rapidity at which season tickets flew out the door, suggest the large majority of Evertonians are quite content with where the club is at, competitively-wise. Yes, we'd like to perhaps entertain a little more (and the recent struggles of the team whose style we've copied -Stoke City-suggest we might be forced to). I only hope that such change does not threaten our much vaunted 'best of the rest' (or thereabouts) status. If it does, Everton might well see sales for future season's tickets drop by one or two hundred....that'll surely send Moshiri a message.

NSNO
I think the new stadium ( hopefully ) is the reason ST sell out
I’m on a waiting list purely for the hope of a new stadium.
The lad I go with has 2 ST his and his dads
He’s put the last few matches on stubhub ( except the Derby) and will do the same if Allardyce stays
He’s a season ticket holder for years and has missed about 5 home games in 40 yrs
His father even longer
Moshiri has to bin off Allardyce or he loses the fans

I was hoping for a sensible business man who would come up with a plan how to take Everton from meh to winning stuff.

Just about everyone I know agrees we need to:
Appoint a new CEO to get the commercial side of the club sorted
Pick a style of play
Appoint a sporting manager to recruit coaches and find players to play that style - buy young, hungry players desperate to win.
Appoint a head coach and team of support staff
Be patient
Get buy in to that style and make sure we make progress

Communication is the biggest problem. It has been a complete and utter shambles for longer than I care to remember.

They could go a long way towards dealing with the dissatisfaction and restlessness amongst fans if they attempted to be even just a little more up-front, consistent, and timely in this regard.

Nobdoy expects a warts and all, blow-by-blow communications strategy but by the same token there is no need to operate as a closed book like they have been. A bit of honesty and openness would be appreciated and could head-off certain problems before they become bigger issues.

The appalling lack of communication during the six week hiatus without a manager was the most galling example. Of course if you have nothing to say you say nothing but that is not the same at all as being pro-active and issuing a holding statement just to provide a degree of re-assurance.

Similarly, if Allardyce is staying and that has been decided, then tell us now. Put us out of our misery or prolong it even, at least we know. I get emails from the club every other day, the majority of which are deleted off the bat. Why not tell us things we at least have some vested interest as fans and consumers, in knowing?

If there are rival camps within the club, I still can't see any benefit to either of them by having such a disjointed, unprofessional in-effect "non-communication" policy.

Moshiri has been dreadfully badly advised in this regard and has done almost nothing to address it. I got the distinct impression last summer that other senior figures at the club were taking delight in wheeling him out in front of Jim White. I just cannot believe how the supposed communications professionals at the club didn't warn him to steer a million miles clear. Either that or he showed a bizarrely worrying degree of naivete.

It was, is, and remains a total mess worthly of a complete clear-out.

There is currently a hole where there should be leadership.
If this is necessary due to the much anticipated root and branch re-structuring of the club , than it is understandable and
forgivable.
If it is just a result of hunkering down and hoping to avoid criticism, it is a cowardly failing.
My own nagging fear is that all the talk of drastically reducing squad size under a mediocre but hopefully stable manager, fits the template of an owner who has discovered he is in over his head and neither has nor is willing to commit any further funds or time to the club. Instead he is more concerned with safeguarding his investment , in the hope he can divest himself of it with the least possible loss in the near future. Such a turn of events rarely ends well for the club in question.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back