Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Is it too hopeful to think that Liverpools success this season (especially if God forbid they win in the final) might push Moshiri in to action?

As Moores used to say having a rival do well is vital in pushing you to succeed.

Indeed.

But here’s the thing.

Imagine we get a decent set of fixtures up to the second international break in October.

And that pragmatic, soulless, percentage football carried on and we were scraping wins at home against the dross and the odd away win plus we grind out a 1-0 victory at Chelsea or Arsenal or the RS to get the “haven’t won at them grounds this century” monkey off our backs” and found ourselves in third or fourth place at the break.

The mood among the fans would be totally different.

As I have often said in these pages.....fans will stand for boring football if it is winning football and it is keeping you in contention.

Any 70s survivor will tell you Billy Bingham did just that in ‘74/75 and we almost won the Title.

And were any of us unhappy about that?

Not on yer nelly.

And I am thinking this possibility is very much in the minds of whoever is making the decision regarding Sam’s future at our club.
Great days following the Bingham days

Seriously, if/when Moshiri axes the old boy’s club that currently run wild at Everton, can we bring Neville Southall in as a true ambassador?

I can’t think of a better person to do it. An eccentric rogue that speaks up for those who don’t have a voice.

Couldn’t hold him in a higher regard. I wish I had have seen him play for us.

Seriously, if/when Moshiri axes the old boy’s club that currently run wild at Everton, can we bring Neville Southall in as a true ambassador?

I can’t think of a better person to do it. An eccentric rogue that speaks up for those who don’t have a voice.

Couldn’t hold him in a higher regard. I wish I had have seen him play for us.

Definitely the best in the world is my eyes. Even the Kopites agreed he was brilliant.

There`s difference in boring 1- 0 victories though isn`t there ?.

There`s Simeone and Atletico 1 - 0 victories ( not comparing us to them in anyway to them )

Then there`s the slugs 1 - 0 victories.

Atletico`s : 1 - 0 victories are nearly always against top quality teams and as a result of a superbly organised team, playing at an optimum level.

The slugs : 1 - 0 victories are against rubbish teams, normally as a result of one our only two shots ( if lucky ) going in, loads of luck and the opposition being turbo gash.

Yeah I agree with that. I can sign up to boring defensive football if it is clever tactically, and we are running, defending and tackling our hearts out, and the tactics are clever, with some kind of fast football based on catching the opposition on the break or something. I'm not expecting the new Pepball style play, Arsenal, Bournemouth or even fast gegenpress! just something that we can call tactics!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back