Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Thats not true. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but the stadium situation - and funding it in particular - had alarm bells ringing and they still are ringing. The cack handed sacking of Koeman without a replacement just about clinched it for me though. He turned us into Billy Smart's circus last autumn in that pathetic pursuit of Silva and then he settles for that clown Allardyce.

The fellers way out of his depth here. If this stadium scheme hits the buffers this summer/autumn as I fully expect (on the back of retaining SA) then he'll be hated here. Absolutely hated in a way that Kenwrignt never was.

That's exactly the question. He's had an experience in this role that he clearly didn't expect. IMHO he's reeling, but I believe he wants it to succeed. And I believe he has the commercial drive and the financial resources to completely turn this round, if he works out what to do. This Summer will tell.

Serious question here Dave, why do you even bother with the club when all you seem to want is for it to burn down? Of course he's out his depth, he's getting advised by a Rugby man and a theatre impresario, at least one if not both will be gone over the summer and he can bring his own men with the right experience in doing what Suntan and the Luvvie have constantly failed at
It's a cop out to say he's shackled by others. He owns the club effectively. He can do whatever he likes with it, employ who he wants to oversee his vision. What has he done right in those terms since he arrived? Nothing.

Instead of complaining about me pointing that out you should be asking yourself wtf this feller is likely to achieve given what he's done so far. Telling me I'm too negative can't be much comfort.

That's exactly the question. He's had an experience in this role that he clearly didn't expect. IMHO he's reeling, but I believe he wants it to succeed. And I believe he has the commercial drive and the financial resources to completely turn this round, if he works out what to do. This Summer will tell.
First act of that recovery: bin Allardyce. I have no expectation of that happening though.

If he had ambition when he arrived then this managerial situation is likely to underline he's pulled his horns in in that score and just wants to protect his asset.

It's a cop out to say he's shackled by others. He owns the club effectively. He can do whatever he likes with it, employ who he wants to oversee his vision. What has he done right in those terms since he arrived? Nothing.

Instead of complaining about me pointing that out you should be asking yourself wtf this feller is likely to achieve given what he's done so far. Telling me I'm too negative can't be much comfort.

In theory but not practice, he still has to exercise the option to buy the remaining percentage of shares to own the club outright, that being the ones held by the Luvvie and his cronies who don't bother their arse to get involved with the club. The only in from his own people he has is Sasha Ryazantsev

Agreed with most of the stuff you’ve said today. Blaming others for his mistakes is a waste of time. Bill is surely a joke, but Moshiri should have the gall to ignore him and make the decisions that need to be made.

The reality is, he has no idea what he is doing, so he passed virtually all responsibility to incompetent people. That is on him.

The one area I disagree with you; I think he has invested plenty of money in the club. That really doesn’t mean anything if it isn’t used wisely (hence my Zuckerberg reference).

In theory but not practice, he still has to exercise the option to buy the remaining percentage of shares to own the club outright, that being the ones held by the Luvvie and his cronies who don't bother their arse to get involved with the club. The only in from his own people he has is Sasha Ryazantsev
Sorry, that makes no sense. We know that he's made major decisions on the choice of managers and even players we buy (Tosun being just one) and which players leave. He also has his hands on the stadium process. All of which adds up to a man in effective full control. To blame one of his flunkies for the failure we've seen so far is ridiculous and can't be accepted.

Sorry, that makes no sense. We know that he's made major decisions on the choice of managers and even players we buy (Tosun being just one) and which players leave. He also has his hands on the stadium process. All of which adds up to a man in effective full control. To blame one of his flunkies for the failure we've seen so far is ridiculous and can't be accepted.

Yes he's effectively in full control but until he has that 75% he's not classed as the outright owner of the club and won't be till Bill, Woods and Earl sell their stakes. He's made mistakes but to make out he's turning us into a Leeds, Portsmouth, Sunderland or a Rangers is ridiculous

If he keeps Allardyce, that will show his hand. Besides the appalling decision making and the staff appointments of Koeman and Walsh. I'm specifically referring here to the decision to allow Kenwright, Elstone etc... to remain at the club. Moshiri's track record so far has been detrimental to Everton Football Club.

Failure to appoint a new manager this summer, says to me the main objective here is to profit from the new stadium and sell on. Basically profiteering from the opportunity that a dockside development represents. It's unpalatable and I don't think anyone finds that easy to digest.

We don't need a safe pair of hands at this juncture, we need a manager who will inspire and unite the supporter base, not fracture it. So cards are on the table and it's time to see the measure of the man. Visionary or villain. The jury is still out but it's time for Moshiri to step out of the shadows and lead this football club.

Above all, that is what we need right now. Leadership.

Yes he's effectively in full control but until he has that 75% he's not classed as the outright owner of the club and won't be till Bill, Woods and Earl sell their stakes. He's made mistakes but to make out he's turning us into a Leeds, Portsmouth, Sunderland or a Rangers is ridiculous
Nah that'll never happen...too big to go down us.
Moshiri can hire and fire, at any time, as many managers as he feels he wants pay off...its his money
Allardyce knows this, each day could be his last if Moshiri gets a nod from somebody he fancys.
Wait until the world cups finished
But dont hold your breath for a new face, plenty might fancy the money, but I get the impression we're nobody's first choice and those that we are are either gash, money grabbers, or both.

If he keeps Allardyce, that will show his hand. Besides the appalling decision making and the staff appointments of Koeman and Walsh. I'm specifically referring here to the decision to allow Kenwright, Elstone etc... to remain at the club. Moshiri's track record so far has been detrimental to Everton Football Club.

Failure to appoint a new manager this summer, says to me the main objective here is to profit from the new stadium and sell on. Basically profiteering from the opportunity that a dockside development represents. It's unpalatable and I don't think anyone finds that easy to digest.

We don't need a safe pair of hands at this juncture, we need a manager who will inspire and unite the supporter base, not fracture it. So cards are on the table and it's time to see the measure of the man. Visionary or villain. The jury is still out but it's time for Moshiri to step out of the shadows and lead this football club.

Above all, that is what we need right now. Leadership.
I agree, we have to get real about the stadium...its purely a a value added device to get Moshiri a big sell on profit
Any debatable extra funds it may generate will be swallowed up...and more besides in interest payments

I agree, we have to get real about the stadium...its purely a a value added device to get Moshiri a big sell on profit

You know what mate? I hope we're wrong. But with the past shenanigans that the custodians of this club have been up to. Nothing would surprise me. It'd be nice to support a football club again and not have to highlight this BS.

There's an argument that player sales and TV revenue have been used to purchase players. As for the Club debt. Personally I'd expect that, I'd find it dubious if he didn't. I don't expect him to dig into his personal finances to fund player acquisitions, what I do expect from him is sound judgment and leadership. Have we had either?

I’m so confused. He’s paid off all our debt and we spent a ton on players. Get him crap for hiring the wrong guys, but not for not spending money.
I think it goes beyond the money spending now. The decision to keep Kenwright, Woods and Elstone on board is just beyond ridiculous.

I think the decisions to hire Koeman and Walsh were ambitious at the time, but backfired and now Walsh needs to be shown the door.

If he keeps Fat Sam on, I think we'll see the majority of the fanbase Thurmond against him and we would have good reason to.

I think it goes beyond the money spending now. The decision to keep Kenwright, Woods and Elstone on board is just beyond ridiculous.

I think the decisions to hire Koeman and Walsh were ambitious at the time, but backfired and now Walsh needs to be shown the door.

If he keeps Fat Sam on, I think we'll see the majority of the fanbase Thurmond against him and we would have good reason to.
Totally fair. That hasn’t happened, yet. Does it all change if he pushes the rest of the board out, exercises his options, brings Brands in, and gives him the keys to the castle? I still think that is a legit possibility.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back