Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Keep Allardyce - prepare to reap the whirlwind.

I do hope someone is telling him this.
I guess actions speak louder than words and the fact GP is sold out every match, and the rapidity at which season tickets flew out the door, suggest the large majority of Evertonians are quite content with where the club is at, competitively-wise. Yes, we'd like to perhaps entertain a little more (and the recent struggles of the team whose style we've copied -Stoke City-suggest we might be forced to). I only hope that such change does not threaten our much vaunted 'best of the rest' (or thereabouts) status. If it does, Everton might well see sales for future season's tickets drop by one or two hundred....that'll surely send Moshiri a message.

NSNO

I guess actions speak louder than words and the fact GP is sold out every match, and the rapidity at which season tickets flew out the door, suggest the large majority of Evertonians are quite content with where the club is at, competitively-wise. Yes, we'd like to perhaps entertain a little more (and the recent struggles of the team whose style we've copied -Stoke City-suggest we might be forced to). I only hope that such change does not threaten our much vaunted 'best of the rest' (or thereabouts) status. If it does, Everton might well see sales for future season's tickets drop by one or two hundred....that'll surely send Moshiri a message.

NSNO
I dont think anyone until just lately dreamt that this arrangement would survive past the last game of this season. I wouldn't read too much into ST sales and apathy over Allardyce.

..he got the Koeman and Walsh appointments very wrong. I think that’s the root of our on-field trouble. The period immediately following the sacking of Koeman was a debacle and must have left him scarred. Ultimately, he might say Allardyce has worked out fine but the true test is him finding the right manager/DoF combination. I think that’s a very difficult challenge but that’s what he has to do, it might involve luck as well as judgement.

The Koeman and Walsh appointments turned out to be wrong,but surely initially on paper and based on reputation they were both reasonable/good appointments. Koeman certainly is now proved to be a long way short of 'the best', but even the best have careers littered with failure.I think the signing of SAm was to buy time ,either 6 months or to include next season, while Mosh had a good look at what was needed long term. If a top class(that is one with less risk factor) becomes available SAm will go willingly,but if not he'll see out his contract.
Despite the names being bandied around,and given the care in choice that Mosh needs to apply, I cannot see any obvious candidates. Strangely enough, the choice with lowest risk has other implications...that is Benitez. Would not please a lot of Evertonians,but would displease considerably more RS, and he has got a good acceptable CV.

As i alluded to in my post above about Spurs and the RS.

This photo shows how clever both clubs have been been with recruitment.
1yX-4SZ-khgsclSyj-WoMkQDHdMz8a1lvX8OwbV5P0s.jpg

This is what Moshiri has to do with our club,get the right people in and build a foundation with a top manager for the long haul.

He`s spunked all that money to turn us into last seasons Stoke, with the possibly the most unpleasant man in football, after Mark Hughes, as our manager.

As i alluded to in my post above about Spurs and the RS.

This photo shows how clever both clubs have been been with recruitment.
1yX-4SZ-khgsclSyj-WoMkQDHdMz8a1lvX8OwbV5P0s.jpg

This is what Moshiri has to do with our club,get the right people in and build a foundation with a top manager for the long haul.

That is painful and embarrassing and damning all at once. Koeman and Walsh got off lightly.

NSNO

The ground is like a morgue, away fans chant non stop abuse at the manger, banners are coming out, more and more season tickets are going on stub hub, the survey will surely paint a picture of overall dissatisfaction.

This should be enough to send the message to Moshiri.

He may well be protecting his investment if he keeps the slug on, but he really will be playing with fire.

I still hold a glimmer of hope that he can rectify the situation this summer, I don't know why as his decisions thus far have been nothing short of a disaster.
He's more likely to deepen the sense of crisis. Some are forlornly holding onto a notion he'll remove Allardyce. He'll retain him and it'll be a policy of sel to buy this summer and Moshiri will go missing.

I still hold a glimmer of hope that he can rectify the situation this summer, I don't know why as his decisions thus far have been nothing short of a disaster.

It's not helped that's he had that chancer whispering in his ear about "our Wayne" and god knows what else, Moshiri needs to stand on his own two feet and fire everybody else on the board and start making the decisions himself.

He's more likely to deepen the sense of crisis. Some are forlornly holding onto a notion he'll remove Allardyce. He'll retain him and it'll be a policy of sel to buy this summer and Moshiri will go missing.

Not sell to buy as such.

His "we have 1 window" comment is the key here, we knew we were going to have a window with a player sold that was going to make us around a 50m profit, for 2 windows on the row we had a way to "skirt" around the STCC rules, we have now increased our wage bill, technically allowing ourselves to be an "established club", which translates in this context as a club that pays top dollar.

So this is what I currently see the landscape, we have a very, very bloated squad, we have upwards of 40 FIRST TEAM pros on our books, so the squad will be trimmed this Summer, the squad NEEDS trimming this Summer, retaining Sam will be a mistake, but I honestly think we are going to be treading water for the next 5 years till the stadium is built.

The aforementioned wage bill increase will allow us "attract" a certain type of player, the tier 2 players as I like to call them, maybe we will get the boy Brands in and he will pull a few rabbits, but Moshiri has done his dough in, as I pointed out hes already spunked 300m of his own money up the wall and will be spending another 80m in the not to distant future to buy Bill and Cos shareholding.

The well is dry, hes given us the cash injection, so now like 95% of the clubs in this league, we will NOW spend our own money.

What im saying is that I can see some pretty small NET spends going forward over the next few windows, thankfully the squad is bloated enough that it wont impact on us for at least 2 windows, in that time we will need the boy Brands or whoever is tasked with the player trading to basically do a better job that whoever has been "squad building" for the last 2 years.

As ive said from the start, thankfully we havent bought totally bad players, most players will retain some degree of resale value, apart from Bolaise, who is basically 27m spunked up a wall and Iceland, who I doubt we ever considered to have any resale and is a player that I personally will give us some very decent value you for money, but its superstar money, for a player I consider a very good player, but not somebody you would deem value you for money at 45m.

Anyway, basically, we are back to treading the same water we have been doing for the last 30 odd years, thats if things pan out the way I currently see them.

TL;DR
Dont bother reading, ive basically just chatted utter wham

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back