Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
...all on this feller's watch.

We've disintegrated under him. No moral compass now whatsoever. He's hollowed us out.

An utter blight on Everton.
Actually dave, its all on your watch. You've been here this whole time and despite being the greatest thing from sliced bread(I take you at your honest word), havent done anything to stop it. Why havent you fired Steve? Why have you let things go so downhill? Why have you given Moshiri your moral compass, which is apparently as accurate as your usual compass?

An utter blight on Everton...

P.S. For God's sake please stop defending Sam.

Not sell to buy as such.

His "we have 1 window" comment is the key here, we knew we were going to have a window with a player sold that was going to make us around a 50m profit, for 2 windows on the row we had a way to "skirt" around the STCC rules, we have now increased our wage bill, technically allowing ourselves to be an "established club", which translates in this context as a club that pays top dollar.

So this is what I currently see the landscape, we have a very, very bloated squad, we have upwards of 40 FIRST TEAM pros on our books, so the squad will be trimmed this Summer, the squad NEEDS trimming this Summer, retaining Sam will be a mistake, but I honestly think we are going to be treading water for the next 5 years till the stadium is built.

The aforementioned wage bill increase will allow us "attract" a certain type of player, the tier 2 players as I like to call them, maybe we will get the boy Brands in and he will pull a few rabbits, but Moshiri has done his dough in, as I pointed out hes already spunked 300m of his own money up the wall and will be spending another 80m in the not to distant future to buy Bill and Cos shareholding.

The well is dry, hes given us the cash injection, so now like 95% of the clubs in this league, we will NOW spend our own money.

What im saying is that I can see some pretty small NET spends going forward over the next few windows, thankfully the squad is bloated enough that it wont impact on us for at least 2 windows, in that time we will need the boy Brands or whoever is tasked with the player trading to basically do a better job that whoever has been "squad building" for the last 2 years.

As ive said from the start, thankfully we havent bought totally bad players, most players will retain some degree of resale value, apart from Bolaise, who is basically 27m spunked up a wall and Iceland, who I doubt we ever considered to have any resale and is a player that I personally will give us some very decent value you for money, but its superstar money, for a player I consider a very good player, but not somebody you would deem value you for money at 45m.

Anyway, basically, we are back to treading the same water we have been doing for the last 30 odd years, thats if things pan out the way I currently see them.

TL;DR
Dont bother reading, ive basically just chatted utter wham
Basically what you said there was that it was a one shot attempt to get up to the next level that's gone disastrously wrong and the party is over until we get the fantasy of a new stadium built.

This squad: the ones we want punted will raise hardly anything. If that's all we're spending then we are in big trouble.

Obviously I don't accept your continued peddling of the line that the cash spent has been Moshiris. It wasn't and it never will be viewed that way. And overall that feller has been a disaster for Everton. How you continue to give him support is beyond me. You said you'd have a big falling out with the gormless get if he retained Allardyce and I expect you to stick with it.....

Actually dave, its all on your watch. You've been here this whole time and despite being the greatest thing from sliced bread(I take you at your honest word), havent done anything to stop it. Why havent you fired Steve? Why have you let things go so downhill? Why have you given Moshiri your moral compass, which is apparently as accurate as your usual compass?

Yeah Dave seems to think the club died on Moshiris watch, the club died in 1987, just nobodies told the club yet.

Eh?!

The ground is like a morgue, away fans chant non stop abuse at the manger, banners are coming out, more and more season tickets are going on stub hub, the survey will surely paint a picture of overall dissatisfaction.

This should be enough to send the message to Moshiri.

He may well be protecting his investment if he keeps the slug on, but he really will be playing with fire.

I think the only message he may receive is "why bother?"

Basically what you said there was that it was a one shot attempt to get up to the next level that's gone disastrously wrong and the party is over until we get the fantasy of a new stadium built.

This squad: the ones we want punted will raise hardly anything. If that's all we're spending then we are in big trouble.

Obviously I don't accept your continued peddling of the line that the cash spent has been Moshiris. It wasn't and it never will be viewed that way. And overall that feller has been a disaster for Everton. How you continue to give him support is beyond me. You said you'd have a big falling out with the gormless get if he retained Allardyce and Inexpect you to stick with it.....

You wont accept hes spent money, thats fine, IMO hes spent a vast fortune on us so far, he rolled the dice, he backed Koeman thinking he knew what he was doing and before we knew it the money had all been spent and we were sending smoke signals for Sammy gravy.

So yeah, it was a 1 shot thing and we missed, but thankfully our miss wont see us go down the path of Leeds and other clubs who spent over their means, cos Moshiris cash injection allowed us spent money that we had, rather than money we didnt have.

Look here Dave.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Everton_F.C._seasons

Pay attention to 1987, that was the last time this club didnt fall short of the standards WE as fans set, the standard that every single fan of every single club should set, League winners.

So Moshiri didnt "kill the club", the clubs been dead for nearly 30 years Dave.

...all on this feller's watch.

We've disintegrated under him. No moral compass now whatsoever. He's hollowed us out.

An utter blight on Everton.

To be fair Dave, you've called this from the day he arrived. So you are at least consistent. Personally I am also now concerned but will give him the Summer before I judge him.

The main difference in our views is that for you he's always been just a fraud while I believe he genuinely wants to make a success of this - and himself. The next 3 months gives him the opportunity to really make his mark on the club, and with the fans. If he fails to do that, I'll be there with you shouting him out.

You wont accept hes spent money, thats fine, IMO hes spent a vast fortune on us so far, he rolled the dice, he backed Koeman thinking he knew what he was doing and before we knew it the money had all been spent and we were sending smoke signals for Sammy gravy.

So yeah, it was a 1 shot thing and we missed, but thankfully our miss wont see us go down the path of Leeds and other clubs who spent over their means, cos Moshiris cash injection allowed us spent money that we had, rather than money we didnt have.

Look here Dave.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Everton_F.C._seasons

Pay attention to 1987, that was the last time this club didnt fall short of the standards WE as fans set, the standard that every single fan of every single club should set, League winners.

So Moshiri didnt "kill the club", the clubs been dead for nearly 30 years Dave.
"We won't go down the path of Leeds and other clubs" - what a proud boast eh after the gormless get came in promising to be the one who'd make the difference. That just about underlines the failure of the man here.

It's not just that he's come in and spunked £300m of the club's own money for no forward momentum though, it's the way he's dragged the club into the gutter and how we're now perceived in the game. In two years we have gone from a respected and respectable club to this: a club with no credibility, with an arse of a manager who detests its own supporters. We've become despicable under Moshiri.

Hopefully he's asking candidates now, gets Brands in, agrees a deal with a new manager. Then sacks Sam, a week or so later new man is in place with Brands to attack this shorter summer window.

Then a new CEO and Chairman.

Who am I kidding?! It's going to be Gravy Sam, Blue Bill, Walsh and the lads on a Beano to butlins to decide our plan for next season isn't it...

To be fair Dave, you've called this from the day he arrived. So you are at least consistent. Personally I am also now concerned but will give him the Summer before I judge him.

The main difference in our views is that for you he's always been just a fraud while I believe he genuinely wants to make a success of this - and himself. The next 3 months gives him the opportunity to really make his mark on the club, and with the fans. If he fails to do that, I'll be there with you shouting him out.
Thats not true. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but the stadium situation - and funding it in particular - had alarm bells ringing and they still are ringing. The cack handed sacking of Koeman without a replacement just about clinched it for me though. He turned us into Billy Smart's circus last autumn in that pathetic pursuit of Silva and then he settles for that clown Allardyce.

The fellers way out of his depth here. If this stadium scheme hits the buffers this summer/autumn as I fully expect (on the back of retaining SA) then he'll be hated here. Absolutely hated in a way that Kenwrignt never was.

"We won't go down the path of Leeds and other clubs" - what a proud boast eh after the gormless get came in promising to be the one who'd make the difference. That just about underlines the failure of the man here.

It's not just that he's come in and spunked £300m of the club's own money for no forward momentum though, it's the way he's dragged the club into the gutter and how we're now perceived in the game. In two years we have gone from a respected and respectable club to this: a club with no credibility, with an arse of a manager who detests its own supporters. We've become despicable under Moshiri.

You just projecting the last 30 years onto Moshiri Dave!

Thats not true. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but the stadium situation - and funding it in particular - had alarm bells ringing and they still are ringing. The cack handed sacking of Koeman without a replacement just about clinched it for me though. He turned us into Billy Smart's circus last autumn in that pathetic pursuit of Silva and then he settles for that clown Allardyce.

The fellers way out of his depth here. If this stadium scheme hits the buffers this summer/autumn as I fully expect (on the back of retaining SA) then he'll be hated here. Absolutely hated in a way that Kenwrignt never was.

Serious question here Dave, why do you even bother with the club when all you seem to want is for it to burn down? Of course he's out his depth, he's getting advised by a Rugby man and a theatre impresario, at least one if not both will be gone over the summer and he can bring his own men with the right experience in doing what Suntan and the Luvvie have constantly failed at

You just projecting the last 30 years onto Moshiri Dave!
The feller is supposed to be the answer, not just someone else to blame. Maybe I had that wrong?

I find the feller to be inept, untrustworthy and embarrassing. He's taken a club that were trundling along with little cash and generally making a fist of it to one that's become a by-word for how not to do things on and off the pitch.

There's no doubt that he's had a disastrous start to his time here.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back