Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Yes he's effectively in full control but until he has that 75% he's not classed as the outright owner of the club and won't be till Bill, Woods and Earl sell their stakes

He has options over their shares which is as good as owning them for all intents and purposes (it just means he doesn’t have to stump up the additional cash until he chooses to do so).

I agree, we have to get real about the stadium...its purely a a value added device to get Moshiri a big sell on profit
Any debatable extra funds it may generate will be swallowed up...and more besides in interest payments

It’s not really about extra funds through gate receipts, it’s about a platform to make us more attractive, competitive and in touching distance of our rivals.

It’s an absolute necessity for us and even though Moshiri stands to gain personally, it just so happens it’s mutually beneficial for us too.

First act of that recovery: bin Allardyce. I have no expectation of that happening though.

If he had ambition when he arrived then this managerial situation is likely to underline he's pulled his horns in in that score and just wants to protect his asset.

This.

He needs to show a statement of intent and that should start with getting rid of the slug, closely followed by Walsh, Elstone and Kenwright.

He`s had the benefit of the doubt so far, but he`s been here two years now and must surely realise that :

Keeping Allardyce will just fracture the fanbase even more.

Walsh was part of the Koeman mistake.

Elstone is inept ( hopefully gone of his own accord )

Kenwrights dewey eyed sentimentality has held the club back for years - just look at the damage he did at the awards last night.

If he doesn`t wield the axe in the Summer, it`s obvious, that his ownership of the club, is nothing more than that of a venture capitalist.

By all accounts the initial meeting with Allardyce was notable for how fearful the board were as regards potential relegation.

I really don't think their mindset has changed all that much.

Last edited:
This.

He needs to show a statement of intent and that should start with getting rid of the slug, closely followed by Walsh, Elstone and Kenwright.

He`s had the benefit of the doubt so far, but he`s been here two years now and must surely realise that :

Keeping Allardyce will just fracture the fanbase even more.

Walsh was part of the Koeman mistake.

Elstone is inept ( hopefully gone of his own accord )

Kenwrights dewey eyed sentimentality has held the club back for years - just look at the damage he did at the awards last night.

If he doesn`t wield the axe in the Summer, it`s obvious, that his ownership of the club, is nothing more than that of a venture capitalist.
I wouldn't have believed it possible a few weeks ago that Allardyce could retain his job. Now I'm beginning to believe it's likely.

The choice is Moshiri's: if he fancies owning a club where the support is frustrated and when it's plain he can alleviate that frustration but prefers not to, then he'll be on the receiving end of a revolt. If he's as clever as many people say he is he'll avoid that and rectify it as soon as possible after the last game of the season. Personally, I think a summer of continued anger over the manager, players and board will bring us to the beginning of the new season as one of the favourites to be knocking about the bottom half of the table continually. The ingredients are all there for a big club like this to head for oblivion.

I wouldn't have believed it possible a few weeks ago that Allardyce could retain his job. Now I'm beginning to believe it's likely.

The choice is Moshiri's: if he fancies owning a club where the support is frustrated and when it's plain he can alleviate that frustration but prefers not to, then he'll be on the receiving end of a revolt. If he's as clever as many people say he is he'll avoid that and rectify it as soon as possible after the last game of the season. Personally, I think a summer of continued anger over the manager, players and board will bring us to the beginning of the new season as one of the favourites to be knocking about the bottom half of the table continually. The ingredients are all there for a big club like this to head for oblivion.

I think you're right mate.

If BFS is here I can already see the booing from pre-season onwards.

I think you're right mate.

If BFS is here I can already see the booing from pre-season onwards.

Indeed.

But here’s the thing.

Imagine we get a decent set of fixtures up to the second international break in October.

And that pragmatic, soulless, percentage football carried on and we were scraping wins at home against the dross and the odd away win plus we grind out a 1-0 victory at Chelsea or Arsenal or the RS to get the “haven’t won at them grounds this century” monkey off our backs” and found ourselves in third or fourth place at the break.

The mood among the fans would be totally different.

As I have often said in these pages.....fans will stand for boring football if it is winning football and it is keeping you in contention.

Any 70s survivor will tell you Billy Bingham did just that in ‘74/75 and we almost won the Title.

And were any of us unhappy about that?

Not on yer nelly.

And I am thinking this possibility is very much in the minds of whoever is making the decision regarding Sam’s future at our club.

Indeed.

But here’s the thing.

Imagine we get a decent set of fixtures up to the second international break in October.

And that pragmatic, soulless, percentage football carried on and we were scraping wins at home against the dross and the odd away win plus we grind out a 1-0 victory at Chelsea or Arsenal or the RS to get the “haven’t won at them grounds this century” monkey off our backs” and found ourselves in third or fourth place at the break.

As I have often said in these pages.....fans will stand for boring football if it is winning football and it is keeping you in contention.

Any 70s survivor will tell you Billy Bingham did just that in ‘74/75 and we almost won the Title.

Not on yer nelly.

And I am thinking this possibility is very much in the minds of whoever is making the decision regarding Sam’s future at our club.

Although he did sign Duncan McKenzie along the way tbf

I'd give Moshiri some slack regarding Kenwright/Elstone, their retention seems to be part of the agreement to acquire his shares and the additional % on top, whenever that is. It seems like an agreement that results in the only loser being the club and the supporters, but there it is.

To say they are both still there for window dressing only, and doing/contributing nothing, seems a little fanciful. As late as last evening we were treated to another display of Kenwright's largely embarrassing chairmanship of the club.

The buck most definately stops with Moshiri and his stewardship has been far from encouraging to date. I do feel though that he deserves the opportunity to be judged in the greater context of a time when Kenwright and Elstone are no longer there. Their mere presence has served to muddy the waters all on its own.

The question is to what extent Moshiri can create the conditions for a more successful club and operation in the medium to long-term, and to what degree his vision his been diluted and dampened by the experience of the last two years.

We have to hope for an improvement, Moshiri is the only game in town for us. Admittedly though, the omens do not augur well. Failure to replace Allardyce and Walsh within the next month and failure to appoint a CEO based on merit and reputation will probably be fatal to his tenure here, and that is without mentioning the stadium.

Inappropriate Language
What are the club playing at? Moshiri wants to run the club from the shadows. Get the **** out of it. Step up and run the club properly. The reason why we are are listless is because nobody is at the helm. How can Everton move forward when no-one, not even the Red Echo knows who is running it?

We need a boss, a leader, someone who sets direction and policy from the top down. Not this fudge of old cronies and an absentee landlord who has the substance of a specter. Step out into the light so we can all take a good look at you Moshiri. Let us see who you are? This cloak and dagger bollox, it ain't cutting it for me.

Indeed.

But here’s the thing.

Not on yer nelly.

There`s difference in boring 1- 0 victories though isn`t there ?.

There`s Simeone and Atletico 1 - 0 victories ( not comparing us to them in anyway to them )

Then there`s the slugs 1 - 0 victories.

Atletico`s : 1 - 0 victories are nearly always against top quality teams and as a result of a superbly organised team, playing at an optimum level.

The slugs : 1 - 0 victories are against rubbish teams, normally as a result of one our only two shots ( if lucky ) going in, loads of luck and the opposition being turbo gash.

Last edited:
There`s difference in boring 1- 0 victories though isn`t there ?.

There`s Simeone and Atletico 1 - 0 victories ( not comparing us them in anyway to them )

Then there`s the slugs 1 - 0 victories.

Atletico`s : 1 - 0 victories are nearly always against top quality teams and as a result of a superbly organised team, playing at an optimum level.

The slugs : 1 - 0 victories are against rubbish teams, normally as a result of one our only two shots ( if lucky ) going in, loads of luck and the opposition being turbo gash.

But the main difference is Simeone’s 1-0 victories get them La Liga titles and into CL Finals.

If the slug’s 1-0 victories were having the same effect here then we would be putting away the slug pellets, don’t worry ‘bout that :pint2:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back