Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I actually wonder will the club ever achieve anything again?

Sounds OTT but you look at the financial might of the top 6, Wolves looking like meaning business then the likes od West Ham and Palace who through being in London will always be attractive to possible outside investment I cant see how we will ever compete regulary for trophies.

I just wish Moshiri would get off his arse and let the fans know what the long term ambition of himself is. He's never actually told us as far as im aware what his plan is.

Atleast him and Usmanov did an open letter to Arsenals fans we have no idea bar the stadium plan.

After this season and Liverpools rise - our fans simply can not be ignored we need clarity and a sense of direction. We need answers to what changes are to be made at the club and whats to be done to ensure this season isnt going to be a regular occurance.

Im not going to be holding my breathe expecting him to do anything meaningful or speaking to the fans.

Kenwright, Walsh and Sam should all be gone but they wont.

What are the club playing at? Moshiri wants to run the club from the shadows. Get the **** out of it. Step up and run the club properly. The reason why we are are listless is because nobody is at the helm. How can Everton move forward when no-one, not even the Red Echo knows who is running it?

We need a boss, a leader, someone who sets direction and policy from the top down. Not this fudge of old cronies and an absentee landlord who has the substance of a specter. Step out into the light so we can all take a good look at you Moshiri. Let us see who you are? This cloak and dagger bollox, it ain't cutting it for me.

Excellent post.

Excellent.

After this season and Liverpools rise - our fans simply can not be ignored we need clarity and a sense of direction. We need answers to what changes are to be made at the club and whats to be done to ensure this season isnt going to be a regular occurance.
Do we mate?

They sat there at the AGM love in looking at all that dross on stage, and not one was bothered asking a difficult question, or even opposing any fluff spoken to them.
Evertonians right now are getting what they have deserved for a long time.

He signed some decent players who later became very good. However the team were in a death spiral of decline: they finished 11th and then next season lost eight games on the trot. He had to go.
I wasn’t keen on Gordon Lee either, but he was Guardiola compared with Allardyce!

He sure did.

Big Biob, Dobbo, Andy King, McMagic......all signed by Billy.

BTW.....Gordon’s teams in ‘77/78 and ‘78/79 played some cracking togger.

Next to Howard and Harry, I think he is the best manager we have had in my matchgoing life ;)

What are the club playing at? Moshiri wants to run the club from the shadows. Get the **** out of it. Step up and run the club properly. The reason why we are are listless is because nobody is at the helm. How can Everton move forward when no-one, not even the Red Echo knows who is running it?

We need a boss, a leader, someone who sets direction and policy from the top down. Not this fudge of old cronies and an absentee landlord who has the substance of a specter. Step out into the light so we can all take a good look at you Moshiri. Let us see who you are? This cloak and dagger bollox, it ain't cutting it for me.

What can we do mate? The Clique have us all by the short and curlys. As you say until Moshiri steps up we are doomed and I cant see any changes until the stadium deal is sorted.

We are another Villa/Sunderland if we dont get our act together.

;o

Which clique mate?

Kenwright, Elstone, Woods, Sam, Walsh, Shakespeare.

Elstone is gone but would not be shocked in the slightest if they give the role to someone from EITC or some other internal department rather than going out and getting a proper businessman thus keeping the mediocrity train rolling.

Kenwright, Elstone, Woods, Sam, Walsh, Shakespeare.

Elstone is gone but would not be shocked in the slightest if they give the role to someone from EITC or some other internal department rather than going out and getting a proper businessman thus keeping the mediocrity train rolling.

Lets see what future brings.

I reckon it will bring Bills ghost haunting the club like that fella in Ghost telling people to get out of his boardroom

giphy.gif

He sure did.

Big Biob, Dobbo, Andy King, McMagic......all signed by Billy.

BTW.....Gordon’s teams in ‘77/78 and ‘78/79 played some cracking togger.

Next to Howard and Harry, I think he is the best manager we have had in my matchgoing life ;)

I'd agree about those Gordon Lee seasons. And it surprises me too because my perception of him was that there wasn't enough attack-minded intent and entertainment. I do wonder what would have happened if he'd had the sense to keep McKenzie (my favourite player)

I'd agree about those Gordon Lee seasons. And it surprises me too because my perception of him was that there wasn't enough attack-minded intent and entertainment. I do wonder what would have happened if he'd had the sense to keep McKenzie (my favourite player)

My recollection is not that his teams played “cracking togger” but that he was overly defensive and as a result he was not at all popular with us fans.
His persistence in playing the mediocre Pearson instead of McKenzie drove everyone mad! However I will agree that, on reflection, Lee’s teams performed better than they were perceived at the time.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back