Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
At minimum Kenwright will be here for atleast one more season imo. Lets just hope he doesnt leave us a parting gift of some clown managerial appointment like Howe and bungling more transfer dealings.

Hi. I can definitely confirm that there were money issues at Spurs with funding the stadium but they have releveraged the deal (I believe). In terms of the NFL going to Wembley, it will have very little effect to their bottom line if they continue to get CL football. It was only a couple of games a year with the outside chance of a team going there permanently. But that was always an outside chance because the PL runs alongside the NFL and it would be too hard. It won't hurt them long-term.
I thought they had 2 roll out pitches 1 on top and the NFL pitch underneath. Shouldn't really affect the games unless they are played at the same time.

At minimum Kenwright will be here for atleast one more season imo. Lets just hope he doesnt leave us a parting gift of some clown managerial appointment like Howe and bungling more transfer dealings.
He's not making any decisions of importance mate. The carpet bagger is making all the decisions and has been since he arrived.

I thought they had 2 roll out pitches 1 on top and the NFL pitch underneath. Shouldn't really affect the games unless they are played at the same time.
It's the scheduling not the playing surface. It's fine when you are only playing two matches but not a full season which is essentially the long term plan of the NFL.

My musings were not really based on the mechanics of the funding, more the actual reality of where they currently are. And how they are extremely vulnerable to a few not unlikely combination of factors happening, which could be pretty damaging to their progression. If not terminal.
Sorry, fair point. They are definitely vulnerable by the looks of it - on the cusp of stepping up or down almost permanently.

Sorry, fair point. They are definitely vulnerable by the looks of it - on the cusp of stepping up or down almost permanently.

Bigger clubs offering bigger wages are circling
Rose , Alderwield could be going
Kane and Ali being looked at.
Seemingly Dembele up for sale.
They make take 300/400 m for sales and put at least 50% off the stadium loan if the NFL thing goes sour

Bigger clubs offering bigger wages are circling
Rose , Alderwield could be going
Kane and Ali being looked at.
Seemingly Dembele up for sale.
They make take 300/400 m for sales and put at least 50% off the stadium loan if the NFL thing goes sour
Nah - my understanding is that the NFL thing is small beans compared to getting in the CL. It will hit them but not that hard. They can now make it up in concerts etc.

Listening to business matters podcast, I know the esk got some stick on here, for some of his predictions 2yrs ago, but him and John Blain does John have connections at the club?. Both think Sam will go and we will get a new DOF as well.

They also said that moshiri & usmanov tried to buy Liverpool in 2005, but Liverpool turned them down.

Listening to business matters podcast, I know the esk got some stick on here, for some of his predictions 2yrs ago, but him and John Blain does John have connections at the club?. Both think Sam will go and we will get a new DOF as well.

They also said that moshiri & usmanov tried to buy Liverpool in 2005, but Liverpool turned them down.

file it all under b for BIN mush

They basically just back the “favourite” scenario and pretend it’s inside knowledge mate.

Hope hes right, but his recent record isnt amazing.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...iverpool-error-by-pinning-faith-on-farhad-mo/

Everton learn from Liverpool error by pinning faith on Farhad Moshiri
goodisonreuters_1_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqCHco2f1jjYcmYrb_Lt46UvIMX3ve-5p1j60_KIHVT-E.jpg

Everton fans hope Farhad Moshiri will usher in a bright new dawn for the club CREDIT: REUTERS

11 MARCH 2016 • 3:43PM

It was the height of a Merseyside club’s desperate search for investment when Farhad Moshiri stepped forward with an attractive proposal.

Chairman and chief executive listened to the Iranian businessman extol the merits of purchasing a stake rather than a full buy-out, cash set aside to solve a long-term stadium problem while ensuring adequate funds for a manager with Champions League ambitions.

moshiri_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpJliwavx4coWFCaEkEsb3kvxIt-lGGWCWqwLa_RXJU8.jpg

Moshiri has the wherewithal to fund the move away from Goodison Park
You might hear the echoes of plans Moshiri proposed to Bill Kenwright in an effort to transform Everton. In fact, it was initially as the representative of Alisher Usmanov that Moshiri he held talks with Liverpool’s Rick Parry and David Moores as the club continued the Anfield sales process after the Istanbul Champions League success of 2005.

Promoted Stories

Despite Anfield enthusiasm, fate intervened. In the years post-Roman Abramovich’s Chelsea buy-out in 2003, the Russian oligarchs were advised to proceed with caution as their government would not look kindly on more purchases of Premier League clubs. Moores wanted a complete takeover so looked elsewhere, eventually opting for Dubai International Capital prior to the ill-fated partnership with Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr.

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

opt-out-icon2.png

unmiss-sound-button-muted-e74d67a0c85c3548f07d7564782a269c.svg

goodisongetty_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqH_vYiwVODNMhQRWnX8g_UrKydbc7jlP1IijNhUOF_MY.jpg

Goodison Park cost £3,000 to build in 1892 CREDIT: GETTY IMAGES
In the meantime, Usmanov and Moshiri formed Red and White Holdings and turned their attentions to Arsenal in 2007.

On Saturday Moshiri will be holding a blue and white scarf, attending Everton’s FA Cup quarter-final with Chelsea and taking his place in the directors box for the first time since purchasing 49.9 per cent of the club.

His move north is a consequence of frustration, ambition and genuine enthusiasm.

It proved to be an exasperating seven years for Moshiri and Usmanov in North London, where the gradual increasing of their stake from 14.8 per cent to 30.4 per cent was not enough to secure a voice where it mattered. The resistance of Arsenal’s board to the idea of ‘outsiders’ infiltrating their closed shop had once extended to Stan Kroenke, but when Usmanov and Moshiri's ambitions were known the American became more palatable.

There was alarm they would not have the cash to build a stadium, which is the whole point of any sale.

kenwright_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq3n48Sld8FRIlE7Hu-AhW-9GrcpyXGCJ3_jdjM_NBqPY.jpg

Bill Kenwright led the 1999 takeover of Everton CREDIT: REUTERS
Rather than selling Everton, cashing in, retiring and absolving himself of all responsibility for what happened next, Kenwright saw the merits of offloading just below 50 per cent for an estimated £85 million with the promise of a further £100 million to strengthen the club’s foundations. Everton need investment in the football club, not a pay-day for all existing shareholders. For all the criticism of Kenwright by those who’ve felt the sales process as exhausting as exhaustive, he shook on a deal that serves Everton more than any individuals.

Writing in Saturday’s matchday programme, Moshiri gave an insight into the challenges ahead.

He wrote: "I know a lot of you want to know what my plans are. There is much to be done and things for me to learn, but I can confirm that I have committed to providing additional funds for transfers and retaining our key players to ensure that we have a strong core to build on for the future.

"We will also be looking at the best options in relation to our stadium.

"Goodison Park has served the club extremely well but we need to make sure the club has a suitable stage to perform on for the future.

"We will review the best options and how to finance, especially as it is likely to cost a little more than the £3,000 it apparently did back in 1892.”

Kenwright has always been more astute than his colourful, emotional personality might suggest. He saw what happened across Stanley Park when Liverpool’s shareholders cashed in via borrowed money, only to discover within months the new custodians had nothing left with which to subsidise the promises they had made.

By saying yes to Moshiri, Kenwright hopes he has avoided the mistake of his neighbour.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back