Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
DcdBgLzWkAAsUkw

Why is this picture so funny? lol
He looks like a villain in a cartoon.

Statler_Waldorf_muppets_KYM.webp

Stoke and Baggies should be a salutary lesson to him.

And either Swans or Saints to join them.

Clubs which set out with one single aim each season, merely to survive and make up the numbers, are simply playing musical chairs with their EPL sratus.

They are all on a waiting list.

Sooner or later the music stops and they are the ones finding themselves in the Championship withour a chair.
Agree
There is the top 6/7 and everybody else is capable of getting dragged into a relegation battle if they are not careful.
As you said the championship and League 1 is littered with clubs who believe they are PL clubs.
Leicester if they don’t get their next managerial decision right will be in the mire next season and they were PL champions 2 years ago.
Moshiri has to get this one right or all my faith in him will be out the window and I will bow at the altar of @davek
However I believe he’s learned his lesson

This guy's inaction is very worrying so far. He seems very naive and clueless about football. He should be surrounding himself with football people instead he's kept the old guard. So now we are just a badly run mess with a few bob. I worry unless he takes a firm grip and action from top to bottom very soon we are going to continue this decline. I just can't see it and with a useless negative lump as a manager it's a depressing time to support this club. Ruderless and settling for mediocrity and mismanagement.
I'd concede that some of the football being played is less than scintillating but the feel-good factor about L4 must still be pretty buoyant. The manner with which the club engages the community engenders fierce loyalty and affection. I live 12,000 miles away from L4 but every Yuletide, I wish to hell I was back on Merseyside, immersing myself in the Blue Chrimbo festivities. Who doesn't love to witness our lion-hearted lads, all decked out in their blue elf, pixie and fairy outfits. And of course, Capt Jags, our fearless leader, setting aside for a week or two his usual steeled, stern countenance and donning his Blue Santa costume...ho ho ho!
Everton rarely disappoints and yes, their hard-nosed attitude to winning trophies makes them the team that other teams' supporters dislike intensely (a dislike born of envy I'd suggest). But whilst we Evertonians have been blessed with success, we haven't been spoiled by it. The club, our club, always keeps a paternal-like check on hubris.
We are blessed to have been chosen...

NSNO.

It really is as simple as this at the end of the day: if he gets shut of Allardyce and brings in a decent forward thinking manager then the jury is still out on him but it will shift the dial back in his favour; if he leaves Allardyce in place, then the jury is in - he's here to tread water and boost his share's value by getting someone to fund a stadium.

It really is as simple as this at the end of the day: if he gets shut of Allardyce and brings in a decent forward thinking manager then the jury is still out on him but it will shift the dial back in his favour; if he leaves Allardyce in place, then the jury is in - he's here to tread water and boost his share's value by getting someone to fund a stadium.
"Watch this space"

I hope you are right, Boss.

But at this stage your confidence is based on hope rather than experience :pint2:

Nah he's not done too bad a job in all honesty mate.

Most fans wanted Koeman and Walsh who both had done decent jobs at Saints and Leicester. People forget Koeman beat all the top sides whilst at Southampton, rebuilt them twice after the owners sold half their side 2 summers in a row from under him and had them playing good football. He didnt replicate it here but we still finished 7th at a canter last season but it went south this summer (not helped by a big long term injury list, tough starting fixtures and a shambolic transfer window/not replacing Lukaku).

Has spent large amounts of money

Tried appointing Silva but Watford wouldn't budge.

Supposedly tried appointing Fonesca but Shakhtar said no.

Not much else he could do really he's been screwed over by his transfer kitty been wasted on garbage.

Him and kenwrong are slow movers but I fully expect Sam to go mate and hopefully Brands also in.

Nah he's not done too bad a job in all honesty mate.

Most fans wanted Koeman and Walsh who both had done decent jobs at Saints and Leicester. People forget Koeman beat all the top sides whilst at Southampton, rebuilt them twice after the owners sold half their side 2 summers in a row from under him and had them playing good football. He didnt replicate it here but we still finished 7th at a canter last season but it went south this summer (not helped by a big long term injury list, tough starting fixtures and a shambolic transfer window/not replacing Lukaku).

Has spent large amounts of money

Tried appointing Silva but Watford wouldn't budge.

Supposedly tried appointing Fonesca but Shakhtar said no.

Not much else he could do really he's been screwed over by his transfer kitty been wasted on garbage.

Him and kenwrong are slow movers but I fully expect Sam to go mate and hopefully Brands also in.
This, just a bit unlucky that's all.
Walsh came on the back of winning the league.
Koeman did well with Southampton after having there major players sold.
Klassen was captain and had scored 35 goals in 2 seasons as a midfielder
Siggurdson could easily have gone to a top 6 team at the time.
Keane was linked with a return to united.
Sandro just scored 14 goals in la Liga.
Tosun had just scored 20 goals in the Turkish league.
Rooney it was thought could eek out 2 more seasons
Bolasie was one of palaces best players at the time.

The players at the time of signing were playing well for their clubs, they just came here and became ****. The reason that happened needs to be figured out.

The players at the time of signing were playing well for their clubs, they just came here and became ****. The reason that happened needs to be figured out.
This .... Very much so ... wtf happened ? not just under BFS but under Koeman as well .... players came in with reputations and said reputations are now in tatters ..... deffo needs analysing ...

The players at the time of signing were playing well for their clubs, they just came here and became ****. The reason that happened needs to be figured out.[/QUOTE]

It's got Osmans fingerprints all over it.

The reason that keeps happening is because we have no identity or idea how these players will work in our system, when we buy them. Klassen is the classic example.

Makes you wonder why Moshiri is so obsessed with this director of football model. I think identifying players is something that should be undertaken by the manager. Too many cooks spoil the broth with this foolish DOF model, imo.

That’s a strange thing to say when not one of the top 6 teams came in for him, or even showed any interest.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back