Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
As we know only too well it only takes 1 season to be made or broken. We could carry on the same as this season or we could make 3-4 very shrewd signings to compliment the likes of Pickford, Coleman, Walcott, Gana and Tosun and push us closer to the top 6.

I just hope he makes progress this summer as this season is make or break imo. People laugh about Wolves but they'll be signing/loaning a good few wonder kids that Mendes manages to compliment the likes of Jota and neves and could easily push ahead of us if we stagnate.

Will Sam Allardyce, the current boss, be staying? For all the opprobrium that was heaped on the manager at Goodison at the weekend, major shareholder Farhad Moshiri has not decided what he intends to do with Allardyce, who still has 12 months left on his contract.

giphy.gif

This, just a bit unlucky that's all.
Walsh came on the back of winning the league.
Koeman did well with Southampton after having there major players sold.
Klassen was captain and had scored 35 goals in 2 seasons as a midfielder
Siggurdson could easily have gone to a top 6 team at the time.
Keane was linked with a return to united.
Sandro just scored 14 goals in la Liga.
Tosun had just scored 20 goals in the Turkish league.
Rooney it was thought could eek out 2 more seasons
Bolasie was one of palaces best players at the time.

The players at the time of signing were playing well for their clubs, they just came here and became ****. The reason that happened needs to be figured out.
lollollol It’s really not that hard.
Walsh is basically a scout who was part of a good technical team at Leicester. He had no experience of being a DOF, take him out of that set up and appointing him as a DOF was likely to cause problems. Koeman had an experienced DOF who knew what he was doing when signing players. Koeman problems with man management and his record with bigger clubs outside of Holland were there for everyone to see.
No top six team came in for Siggurdson. If you’d have read @Timak analysis of Siggurdson in the summer you’d have realised there were major issues with his signing. Why didn’t Walsh & Koeman see the same issues?
Klaasen lack of physicality and pace where there to see, great when teams stand off him. The Dutch League is not of a high standard.
Keane, slow on the turn, lacking pace, not a great reader of the game did well with a team who are defensively well organised and who defend deep. Got caught out when playing for England.
Rooney was finished, Mourinho was a big fan of his but he saw it pretty quickly.
Bolassie was never a good footballer, extremely erratic and went for long run of games when he did nothing at Palace.
Good analysis of Sandro here from the summer. If this guy can see a problem and he does statistical analysis as a hobby what were Walsh and his team doing?! https://differentgame.wordpress.com/2017/07/04/the-data-scout-sandro-ramirez/
All of the above have a common thread running through them - the complete failure of Walsh and our technical and scouting department plus the lack of clear lines of accountability and decision making between Manager and DOF. All of which are Moshiri’s failings as he appointed them and set the system up.

Nauseating bunch of backslappers.

I actually like the blue room but when I see “FREE PODCAST” on their twitter feed I kind of feel like “oh right thanks I guess”. Maybe I’m not seeing this right but it kind of rubs me the wrong way, the whole patreon thing and FREE/Paid exclusives from fellow fans.

I read an explanation that was it used for equipment, supporting the podcast and stuff, then I hear Alan Myers interview Big Nev from them and you can hardly hear either of them due to the noise in the bar. Not very professional like.

Toffee TV the same, patreons etc then I see “brought to you by Ladbrokes” on their content, as I said maybe I need to get with the times but I admit I don’t feel enthused by it. Then I see things like this, would rather have give that time to a few non “media” fans , bring their kids for a kick about too.

I actually like the blue room but when I see “FREE PODCAST” on their twitter feed I kind of feel like “oh right thanks I guess”. Maybe I’m not seeing this right but it kind of rubs me the wrong way, the whole patreon thing and FREE/Paid exclusives from fellow fans.

I read an explanation that was it used for equipment, supporting the podcast and stuff, then I hear Alan Myers interview Big Nev from them and you can hardly hear either of them due to the noise in the bar. Not very professional like.

Toffee TV the same, patreons etc then I see “brought to you by Ladbrokes” on their content, as I said maybe I need to get with the times but I admit I don’t feel enthused by it. Then I see things like this, would rather have give that time to a few non “media” fans , bring their kids for a kick about too.

There's plenty of free weekly stuff that is done via podcasts and YouTube by people who use patreon. The adverts are on it to make money for the free videos. Which everyone does on YouTube.

People pay for patreon for the exclusive content that comes with it and to support the creator's.

I've never understood the idea that if you're a YouTube channel you should do it all for free. Pay for cameras, mics, studio space and not to mention your spare time doing it all for free. If you want to view the free stuff then you deal with ads. If you want the exclusive content you pay for it. You wouldn't walk into MacDonalds and demand a free meal because you are a fan of their chicken nuggets.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back