Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/chelsea-have-50m-up-their-sleeve-in-new-deal-q7ddk3c28

Moshiri’s 60% share aim
The Everton owner Farhad Moshiri is looking to increase his shareholding in the club to close to 60 per cent by purchasing the shares of the deputy chairman Jon Woods. Moshiri paid £200 million for a 49.9 per cent stake in the club two years ago and is now seeking to exercise an option to buy the 8.9 per cent owned by Woods, which would take his share to 58.9 per cent. Moshiri’s proposed purchase would leave the chairman Bill Kenwright (12.2 per cent) as the only other shareholder with more than 5 per cent and result in Woods leaving the board, with Keith Harris a potential replacement as deputy chairman.

Everton majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri is seeking to increase his stake in the club to nearly 60 per cent in a mega-money boardroom deal, according to a report.

The Times claim the Iranian billionaire is keen to “exercise an option” to buy the 8.9 per cent owned by deputy chairman Jon Woods.
Given that Moshiri paid £200million for a 49.9 per cent stake in the club two years ago, the 8.9 per cent holding of Woods that he is seeking to buy is likely to be worth at least £36million – if the value of Everton remains the same – and most probably a fair bit more. The exit of long-standing director Woods would end his spell on the board that began in 2000 and continue the upheaval on and off the pitch at Goodison Park. There has been an unmistakeable sense of drift at Everton this season, in spite of the vast sums invested in the playing squad last summer when Ronald Koeman and recruitment chief Steve Walsh made such a hash of everything. A more hands-on approach is needed from key decision-maker Moshiri, whose cash has been spent so poorly in the last two years. He is clearly keen to extend his already formidable powerbase at Everton, but the loss of a sensible and experienced voice on the board will concern many who follow the club.
From the times found the last sentance funny

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/chelsea-have-50m-up-their-sleeve-in-new-deal-q7ddk3c28

Moshiri’s 60% share aim
The Everton owner Farhad Moshiri is looking to increase his shareholding in the club to close to 60 per cent by purchasing the shares of the deputy chairman Jon Woods. Moshiri paid £200 million for a 49.9 per cent stake in the club two years ago and is now seeking to exercise an option to buy the 8.9 per cent owned by Woods, which would take his share to 58.9 per cent. Moshiri’s proposed purchase would leave the chairman Bill Kenwright (12.2 per cent) as the only other shareholder with more than 5 per cent and result in Woods leaving the board, with Keith Harris a potential replacement as deputy chairman.
What a waste of time.

GET THEM ALL OUT.

Moshiri’s 60% share aim
;)

Moshiri’s 60% share aim

Possible new CEO.......
giphy.gif

I have it from a reliable source...cuddles the monkey ;)

I’ll get me coat....

Yep that Mubarak runs matters for City as Chairman. We'v just stuck with the same cabal of losers.

Exactly right, it's pointless pumping loads of money into a club if you keep the same losing mentality in all the top roles, kenwright has sat on the board since Peter Johnson was chairman, it's not a coincidence that he has been around the club from the start of worse period in history

Inappropriate Language
I get the impression we are in for some seismic changes (on & off the pitch) in the next few days & weeks.

The problem with Everton is that it’s always the biggest summer we’ve faced, every ****ing summer, for the last 30 summers.

We need good governance by whoever it is running this show & a large sprinkling of luck if things are going to change.

I’m optimistic, but then again, I’m a romantic fool when it comes to Everton. I should have been a Kopite - next year is always our year in my eyes.

Make us great again Blues.

Increasing shareholding to 60% does little tbh. It still keeps the clowns Harris and Kenwright on board who both need to go - especially Kenwright.

I wonder what exactly are the conditions needed for Moshiri to exercise his share options? As I thought he would buy ou both Bill and Woods in one after the stadium was done?

Knowing our luck Kenwright will wiggle his way to stay at the club until he's in a box.

Haha I must of missed that, do you mean he done the bare minimal of what is expected of the owner,

actually struggling to think what he done though, enlighten me please
Note even sure he reached the bare minimum to be honest! Off the top of my head we’ve had: History timeline around the ground, Dixie Dean Statue, new floodlight system, new desso pitch, revamped hospitality lounges, revamped dressing areas, upgraded some of the toilets, added new LED advertising boards, put up the new club logos, introduced new electronic entrances to the ground and who can forget the blue gravel around the pitch! I’m sure there’s other stuff we’ve done which I can’t remember.

Increasing shareholding to 60% does little tbh. It still keeps the clowns Harris and Kenwright on board who both need to go - especially Kenwright.

I wonder what exactly are the conditions needed for Moshiri to exercise his share options? As I thought he would buy ou both Bill and Woods in one after the stadium was done?

Knowing our luck Kenwright will wiggle his way to stay at the club until he's in a box.
This.

If he builds a waterfront stadium and keeps us in European qualification he clearly won’t be clueless. We don’t have a divine right to either. His record reads a year of Europe after two previous bottom half finishes and then 8th place. He’s made errors yes but those painting him as clueless are being very presumptuous.
Time will tell, but so far it’s not looking great in my opinion.

The problem is he can't personally get a grip. He's almost never at Everton. Allardyce on Moshiri, “It depends what part of the world he’s in — he’s a busy man, runs billions-and-billions of pounds companies. So I’ll drop into his schedule, and meet him where I can, if that’s what he wishes.”
He must appoint someone competent and experienced to the position of CEO and give them the power to run the club because he has, to him, more important interests to attend to.
This - he’s got an opportunity to get a new CEO in this summer. He’s got to get it right as we haven’t had a decent one for decades. He’s also got to get the board right, appointing Keith Harris was another, in a long line, of poor decisions.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back