Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I've been saying it for an age. Moshiri is bad news. Finally others are starting to see it.

He could have been the saviour but he's a fraud. I just hope he doesn't seriously damage the club.

I wouldnt go that far.

Kenwright, Venkys, Tan, Short, Lerner were/are all frauds.

Moshiri has put money into the club im good faith its just been wasted on gash. He's also put faith in the same cabal that have held us back for over a decade - Kenwrong, Elstone, Woods and Harris. Once Elstone is gone and Kenwright and Woods eventually sell up then maybe he'll get better advisors but owning 49.9% of the club with obvious stipulations before outright buying he cant do everything at once - he also has the tiny matter of the new stadium project and running his own businesses.

There does seem to be a clear lack of leadership. He needs to makes waves and clear the decks, starting with the entire boardroom then we’ll see.

But having Kenwright run his mouth again, about Rooney and players not being sold, tells the world that he’s still running the club.

I think every Evertonian, whether with or against him, knows that this is the biggest summer in our recent history. It will let us know exactly where we stand and the ambition he has.

We are a cursed bunch, the light at the end of the tunnel always seems so far away

Time to get a bloody grip Farhad!
The problem is he can't personally get a grip. He's almost never at Everton. Allardyce on Moshiri, “It depends what part of the world he’s in — he’s a busy man, runs billions-and-billions of pounds companies. So I’ll drop into his schedule, and meet him where I can, if that’s what he wishes.”
He must appoint someone competent and experienced to the position of CEO and give them the power to run the club because he has, to him, more important interests to attend to.

The problem is he can't personally get a grip. He's almost never at Everton. Allardyce on Moshiri, “It depends what part of the world he’s in — he’s a busy man, runs billions-and-billions of pounds companies. So I’ll drop into his schedule, and meet him where I can, if that’s what he wishes.”
He must appoint someone competent and experienced to the position of CEO and give them the power to run the club because he has, to him, more important interests to attend to.

Thats the problem and that leech Kenwright has taken advantage of it. I've said it before fans still need to protest and make it known that we want Kenwright out and Moshiri to call the shots.

I`d guess that it`s the norm rather than the exception for the mega rich owners of clubs not to be there all the time, that`s what they have minions for and also what technology is for.

I`m pretty sure Man City`s owners aren`t regulars there for starters.

I`d guess that it`s the norm rather than the exception for the mega rich owners of clubs not to be there all the time, that`s what they have minions for and also what technology is for.

Yep that Mubarak runs matters for City as Chairman. We'v just stuck with the same cabal of losers.

City's owners immediately appointed a trusted chairman who'd previously worked on billion dollar projects. Moshiri appointed a relatively young Russian, who'd done nothing of note previously, and the Russian is subordinate to an ageing chairman who lives in London.
None of us know the details of the partial takeover but 2 years on there's no sign of Moshiri completing the takeover which would at least establish who's clearly in charge of the club. The club's power hierarchy is a mess right now.

Report in the Times today that Moshiri is buying out Jon Woods’ shareholding, taking him to 60% ownership and majority holder, not just major shareholder. This will give him total control of all the major decisions at the club.

I’ve used up my two free viewings so can’t copy and paste it here, maybe someone else can.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back