Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
He won’t have bailed yet, he is trying though. With no incomings hopefully all the optimists will take their head out of the sand. Davek has been dead on through all of this and most of you put him down.

Exactly. Throwing good money after bad doesn't work.
The saving grace is Pickford tbh. He's now going to be a massively saleable asset. Some insurance in the event that we really go belly up.

The other signings we made over past 12 months - including good ones like Tosun and Walcott - are not going to make profits for us.

Vital now that Brands and Silva bring in players with potential for high resale profits. No one likes us being a selling club but it's hugely effective strategy and the only likely way to grow.
Pickford has already probably doubled in value , Walcott has certainly not dropped in value and Tosun looks very promising and could easily be worth more than he cost at the end of the season.
Vlasic,Keane and Sandro are young players who had an awful first season but if they impress Silva/Brands could easily have a future at the club and we should break even on at least two of them.
We will never get our money back for Sigurdsson but we do have a very good player that will contribute to the team and gives his best in every game.
Bolasie, Williams and Klaasen of the recent purchases are the three we are most likely to lose heavily on and will probably be moved on if buyers can be found.

We also have a lot of young academy graduates who already have a value and the will increase in some cases certainly.
I would suggest that reasonable( conservative) valuations would be :
Holgate 12m
Davies 15m
Kenny 5m
Lookman 15m
DCL 10m
Connolly 3m
Dowell 3m.
Baningime 3m
In reality they are probably worth more than those valuations as being English will put a premium on the value of most of them. but it does come to a figure in excess of 60m.

The importance of Silva being the right manager for the club cannot be overstated. A good season will renew confidence, increase players values and bring the positive feeling around the club.
We have fallen away not really because of the money spent but because the managerial appointments have not worked since Moyes.

Nobody think Silva’s comments we aimed at the board like get a move on or I won’t be happy?

No because he said:

“Our board, our chairman, our sporting director, they are doing everything they can to give me the players I ask them for.”

You've got to do some insane mental gymnastics to get to that conclusion from those words.

No because he said:

“Our board, our chairman, our sporting director, they are doing everything they can to give me the players I ask them for.”

You've got to do some insane mental gymnastics to get to that conclusion from those words.

Add pressure that surely?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back