Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Although i respect @The Esk majorly, and his opinion regarding finances etc more than anyone on the board, and even to the point he only would want to regard facts and not just here-say, i know for a fact about Phillip Greens involvement with everton, and a few 'payments' he essentially loaned to everton, for some of our bigger signings, a few years ago. And Kenwrights very close business relationship with the man.

Although conspiracy theories for the most part are stupid, it would be extremely naive of anybody to believe that some of them cannot be true, and even further more to the point that everything that goes on, shady or not would be documented.

On the other hand, i don't believe PG has been involved with everton for a few years now, and with regards to this transfer has absolutely nothing to do with it at all, as his main benefactor in robert earl has now left and even then i don't think it'd affect him or his business in the slightest.

Why would Gregg lie?

Gregg later told Everton pressure group KEIOC that he had been paid for the shares, sold to Robert Earl, by Sir Philip Green – shares that went on to be registered in the British Virgin Islands to a company called BCR Sports

Green has had fingers in Everton since the late 90's, and is very adept at dodgy business dealings, if Green could see there was money to be made out of Everton I think he'd find it hard to pass up the opportunity.

Who paid Gregg has nothing to do with the ownership of the shares which has to be registered, and Earl as a director declared every year his interest in the annual acounts, that interest was signed off annually by the auditors and when Earl first became a director would have been confirmed by the Premier League.

You can suggest otherwise, but it's an accusation without evidence and as I said earlier is damaging to the club.

Although i respect @The Esk majorly, and his opinion regarding finances etc more than anyone on the board, and even to the point he only would want to regard facts and not just here-say, i know for a fact about Phillip Greens involvement with everton, and a few 'payments' he essentially loaned to everton, for some of our bigger signings, a few years ago. And Kenwrights very close business relationship with the man.

I am not saying for a moment the Philip Green was not involved or had influence particularly with Bill, but I do dispute and will continue to do so until the evidence is provided claims such as he owned Everton shares.

If there was more cash available, I think that's pretty much proof that PG didn't control the shares. If he was this weird power behind the throne that the likes of WatchedToffee make out, he would know exactly what was on offer.
If BK and Woods are saying we don't trust the Yanks so it's either FM or nothing, what is Earl/Green going to do?

They'll take the first profit and move on annoyed they didn't get chance to make more money by selling to the Yanks.

I am not saying for a moment the Philip Green was not involved or had influence particularly with Bill, but I do dispute and will continue to do so until the evidence is provided claims such as he owned Everton shares.
But on the flip side of that you're going to be very unlikely to ever find that he owned everton shares outright, and it is not uncommon for business people to own such things in proxy, whilst using someone elses name to claim ownership.

Though i doubt he had any wish or craving for any shares in everton, and rather loaned them money to fleece back a return from it.

I'm not having a go at you mate, but all of these conspiracy theories that have persisted over the years, nothing has ever been proven, and as I've said many times before if true they would have involved so many people including auditors and the Premier League that it is impossible to believe there is any truth in them at all.

The constant recycling of these theories and accusations just damages the club in my opinion, that's why I am so against them being brought up time and time again.
It damages nothing Esk, it's over, done with, I'm glad BCR is no more involved with this club, we've moved on, Moshiri will be great for the club.

I just don't trust Green as far as I could slap him, IMO Earl and Green where in it together, with Earl as the front, but that's just my opinion.

I'm not having a go at you mate, but all of these conspiracy theories that have persisted over the years, nothing has ever been proven, and as I've said many times before if true they would have involved so many people including auditors and the Premier League that it is impossible to believe there is any truth in them at all.

The constant recycling of these theories and accusations just damages the club in my opinion, that's why I am so against them being brought up time and time again.

Is that also in line with the wishes of the site owner? I ask because as you are a moderator on this site I would like to be able to understand if or how your position on the subject could impact freedom of speech on GOT.

Is that also in line with the wishes of the site owner? I ask because as you are a moderator on this site I would like to be able to understand if or how your position on the subject could impact freedom of speech on GOT.

Fair question mate. It is my personal opinion that's all. GrandOldTeam (the site) is neutral on all matters relating to the club and within the normal rules of decency, legality etc you and anyone else can express any view.

The site is a platform for views, we do not exercise editorial control as a site.

Fair question mate. It is my personal opinion that's all. GrandOldTeam (the site) is neutral on all matters relating to the club and within the normal rules of decency, legality etc you and anyone else can express any view.

The site is a platform for views, we do not exercise editorial control as a site.

Thank you for clarification Esk.
Any chance you can use your talents to convince our pending new major shareholder to build a new ground on the waterfront ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back