Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
All you have to do is convince the greatest manager of the last 20 years to give up everything he believes in to come and fight for 8th with Everton.

Come on Mosh, do the impossible or I will scream and scream and shout.

His stock is nowhere near what it once was.

Its nowhere near the same as saying "oh go ed evv appoint dat der pep or der Jurgen."

Chuck big salary at him (or any manager out of work outside of the elite 3-4) and promise of big funds (which you yourself never fail to tell people Farhad has and will spend) then they'll come.

We just have zero balls to go out for a top manager and have an obsession with managers who ply their trade in the Prem in the 7-11 bracket of clubs.

Against that defence would be the suggestion that her prioritising commercial growth should have been her number one objective from Day One of her tenure as CEO.

There appears to be a lack of any plan of how to 'grow the club globally' and without said growth we'll accelerate further into regression.

Flowery speeches with no substance will not cut the mustard, the club needs serious business people driving the commercial side of the operation and as I suggested earlier, she's a square peg in a round hole.

She was an allegedly readymade replacement for Elstone in much the same way he was the supposed readymade replacement for Wyness... why didn't the club go to the marketplace for a proven business leader to be the CEO ?
They did once and he quit after 6 weeks...Birch wasn't it - deffo a story there somewhere, probably not a good one

His stock is nowhere near what it once was.

Its nowhere near the same as saying "oh go ed evv appoint dat der pep or der Jurgen.

Chuck big salary at him (or any manager out of work outside of the elite 3-4) and promise of big funds (which you yourself never fail to tell people Farhad spends) then they'll come.

If you paid attention you would know that my current line is that the spending has been scaled back.

We wasted our windfall, now we are just a bog-standard club with bog-standard spending.

86m in 3 transfer windows isnt going to peak Joses interest.

If you paid attention you would know that my current line is that the spending has been scaled back.

We wasted our windfall, now we are just a bog-standard club with bog-standard spending.

86m in 3 transfer windows isnt going to peak Joses interest.

Depends what other clubs are interested? Who has shown an interest in him?

He's been out of work a year and not one mega money side - like Benitez at some point he'll take what he can get and if thats a well paid job at Everton so be it he'll see it as a no lose situation - if he gets Everton into Europe he'll be hailed a top manager in the media- if not he'll play the "Everton are crap I tried all I could" card which the media would also peddle like they did with Rafael at Newcastle who could do no wrong.

At some point the club either have to sort their crap out and break the cycle of appointing dud managers or accept relegation is a possibility one season as we cant keep dancing around the drain like Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland did thinking we are too big and clever to not one season go down.

Depends what other clubs are interested? Who has shown an interest in him?

He's been out of work a year and not one mega money side - like Benitez at some point he'll take what he can get and if thats a well paid job at Everton so be it he'll see it as a no lose situation - if he gets Everton into Europe he'll be hailed a top manager in the media- if not he'll play the "Everton are crap I tried all I could" card which the media would also peddle like they did with Rafael at Newcastle who could do no wrong.

At some point the club either have to sort their crap out and break the cycle of appointing dud managers or accept relegation is a possibility one season as we cant keep dancing around the drain like Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland did thinking we are too big and clever to not one season go down.

Jose was paid 20m+ by United when he left, as you say hes been out of work almost a year, according to the media hes turned down Lyon, Porto and a few jobs in China. Hes not just gonna take the first job that comes along, he doesnt need to.

Jose was paid 20m+ by United when he left, as you say hes been out of work almost a year, according to the media hes turned down Lyon, Porto and a few jobs in China. Hes not just gonna take the first job that comes along, he doesnt need to.

Aye but maybe Lyon, Porto wont offer him a decent wage/transfer kitty (both also play in poor leagues in comparison to the PL) and China is a graveyard.

My personal opinion is that he's waiting for a PL/Spanish/Italian club who can offer him a good wage and good transfer kitty - obviously a CL club would be his preference but I don't believe he would scoff at us or a Wolves type club providing he had assurances of money and was one of the top paid managers in the divison.

We paid Koeman and Allardyce similiar to what Poch is on at Spurs we should just go all out I dont get why the club seem so scared to try get someone with a previous track record of success.

Aye but maybe Lyon, Porto wont offer him a decent wage/transfer kitty (both also play in poor leagues in comparison to the PL) and China is a graveyard.

My personal opinion is that he's waiting for a PL/Spanish/Italian club who can offer him a good wage and good transfer kitty - obviously a CL club would be his preference but I don't believe he would scoff at us or a Wolves type club providing he had assurances of money and was one of the top paid managers in the divison.

We paid Koeman and Allardyce similiar to what Poch is on at Spurs we should just go all out I dont get why the club seem so scared to try get someone with a previous track record of success.

Its not fear.

Im almost certain we have approached Jose, I suspect we are on his list, probably in the "when hell freezes over" section.

Its not fear.

Im almost certain we have approached Jose, I suspect we are on his list, probably in the "when hell freezes over" section.

I honestly dont think we have mate - my minds foggy with Koeman but I know with Silva we didnt even approach/interview another manager. Thats just poor from the board - if your going to go all out for 1 man atleast make it be for someone with credentials rather than as Farhad put it a "total gamble".

If we interviewed or approached the likes of Jose, Mancini etc and were knocked back (which the media would report as they love a story to kick us down) then I wouldn't blame the board for getting in a novice - but the Silva debacle was absolutely amateur stuff and we are again paying for it now.

I honestly dont think we have mate - my minds foggy with Koeman but I know with Silva we didnt even approach/interview another manager. Thats just poor from the board - if your going to go all out for 1 man atleast make it be for someone with credentials rather than as Farhad put it a "total gamble".

If we interviewed or approached the likes of Jose, Mancini etc and were knocked back (which the media would report as they love a story to kick us down) then I wouldn't blame the board for getting in a novice - but the Silva debacle was absolutely amateur stuff and we are again paying for it now.

Who gains from either party telling the media that Jose rejected us?

We look small-time and Jose gets anger from a set of fans that 1 day he might manage their club.

I think we probably spoke to Jose around the Koeman days, when we had something to offer him, Moshiri invested huge sums at that point, we were attractive. He probably told us to come back when we had something more to offer him, like European football or progress. Since then we have gone backwards, we spend average amounts compared to everybody else and we sit in 18th.

We have nothing to offer Jose Mourinho other than a chance to weaken his CV.

8 games lol
Very true. Please explain to me how we will improve enough to beat the drop? 8 games is a quarter of the season. We have played teams that on paper, we should have beat. We have a untested gana mark 2. We have dmf players who look like they can't be arsed. We have an immobile number 10. We have a striker who can't score. We have a keeper who thinks his mistakes are funny. I could go on. Please give me something to change my opinion. Seriously, please do as I could do with some optimism.

Edit. And a manager who is truly clueless.

Very true. Please explain to me how we will improve enough to beat the drop? 8 games is a quarter of the season. We have played teams that on paper, we should have beat. We have a untested gana mark 2. We have dmf players who look like they can't be arsed. We have an immobile number 10. We have a striker who can't score. We have a keeper who thinks his mistakes are funny. I could go on. Please give me something to change my opinion. Seriously, please do as I could do with some optimism.

Ok well for starters, 8 games is not a quarter of a season, but I suppose accuracy isn’t a big issue.

We’ve been missing one or both of our first choice midfield (or two from three if you go with the logic that Silva actually wants to play a 4-3-3) for a good chunk of the season.

our immobile no. 10 and striker who can’t score played the majority of the back end of last season when we beat most of the teams who finished ahead of us.

Finally and perhaps most importantly the manager - his stated “cluelessness” or lack thereof is in some ways irrelevant - either he’s not clueless in which case he’ll turn around the form (as happened last year) - since whatever the inadequacies of this squad it is most definitely NOT a bottom 3 level set of players, or he won’t, in which case he won’t be in the post much longer.

Ok well for starters, 8 games is not a quarter of a season, but I suppose accuracy isn’t a big issue.

We’ve been missing one or both of our first choice midfield (or two from three if you go with the logic that Silva actually wants to play a 4-3-3) for a good chunk of the season.

our immobile no. 10 and striker who can’t score played the majority of the back end of last season when we beat most of the teams who finished ahead of us.

Finally and perhaps most importantly the manager - his stated “cluelessness” or lack thereof is in some ways irrelevant - either he’s not clueless in which case he’ll turn around the form (as happened last year) - since whatever the inadequacies of this squad it is most definitely NOT a bottom 3 level set of players, or he won’t, in which case he won’t be in the post much longer.

OK. I was 1.5 games off a quarter. Lose on Saturday and I'm sure we can both agree that after 25% of the season, we're still in the relegation zone. Sorry 23.68%. Nothing you've stated gives me any confidence. OK, I'll admit we probably won't actually get relegated, but there's still a chance. Teams know how we set up. We're predictable, timid and without desire. He will get sacked as he's tactically inept and stubborn to boot. We will be in another transitional stage. The next 'big sam' will have a job on his hands.

lol we ain’t going down sorry but the squad will turn it around.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back