Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Elland Rd is better than a fair few Premier League grounds and has easy scope for expansion on at least three sides. Rail and motorway within yards too.

The large stand is ok but the rest of the ground is badly run down. The away end has ridiculous restricted views yet they will still charge 45 quid a ticket.

Agree that there is room for expansion.

Away at Elland Rd is now in the West Stand, not the old Scratching Shed South Stand like in the old days. Must admit I was surprised when they moved it a few years back. South Stand needs a road re-route to upgrade but the rest would be easy as it is in a desert.

Here's a table that can compare our spending over the last five years with both the so called big hitters and mid table teams. To be honest it looks quite dire unless the club have unlimited resources. I think I'm right in saying that it will be four years of ownership for Moshiri this February.
Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool all have a significantly better net spend over that span and Arsenal's is similar. The two manc clubs are in their own stratosphere though and really should be miles ahead of all teams domestically:

Interestingly both Brighton and Wolves are near us over that span but other typical mid table clubs such as Leicester, West Ham and Bournemouth have managed their finances much better for a similar points return and obviously Leicester are pulling away this season it seems:

Brighton figures were a surprise. I knew Bournemouth had spent but hadn't realised Brighton were well ahead of them. Shows what a good job poch has done to keep Spurs in the running, albeit that's not the case this season

Youse are over looking that those teams had better squads already and had been spending for years previously. OK we technically spent more than Liverpool but they sold a player for well over 100m which offsets that and they are buying players like VVD for 75m. They spend more on individual players, massive fees for world class players to add to their already strong squads. Regarding the last 3 seasons mid table squads also have been spending similar amounts to us therefore the league is gonna be harder.

Fair enough.

Liverpools wage bill is 248m a year, twice what Evertons is, its always been twice ours.

They have spent more on wages in the last 12months than we have NET on players in the last 5 years.

It makes me laugh the way they are seen as some beacon for everyone to follow in the transfer market. They pat themselves on the back all the time for it. Then when they didnt buy anyone in the summer they kept telling everyone how great they were while everyone else was spending.

Then when they didnt buy anyone in the summer they kept telling everyone how great they were while everyone else was spending.

We can dress it up any way we want to, but lets not kid ourselves, over the last four or five seasons ( previous to that, they were nothing special in the transfer market ), they've bought and sold at least as well as anyone else in the upper echelons of the league, and, though they bought bugger all in the summer, they currently sit top, partly based on the wages they pay, partly based on their recent savvyness in the market, and partly because they've got an annoyingly good coach in charge.

If Moshiri can oversee something here over the next four or five seasons at Goodison / BMD which means Brands delivers similar returns in the transfer market, the commercial team get us closer to what our noisy neighbours equivalent delivers, and Silva and / or his successor delivers with the players at his disposal, then we'll be in a much better place.

We have spent more then spurs and Liverpool since mosh came in 2016 and have taken less then them in transfer fees received aswell
Between 2010 to 2015 lfc debt on spending was 180mil Everton over the same period was 2mil. In them 5 yrs we finished above them twice. Apart from the the season they nearly won the league, the rest of the time they were also rans.

Won one trophy a league cup on pens v a championship team. And that was a time when most of the prem weren’t also spending huge sums.

The equivalent of that 5yr period to the following 5yrs. You could argue 180mil is now 400mil.
Everton’s debt in the last 5yrs is 230mil. Wolves isn’t much less, Brighton’s is 200. Bournemouth’s 180mil West Ham again around the 170mil. Leicester is 150. And obviously they are have a great season.

Basically just goes to prove how hard it is to get it right, and it’s much harder now than it ever was.
But a quick tip for you, stop believing everything you hear on lfc radio, otherwise known as talksport . Who will have you believe Everton is the only team that has spent money in the last few years.

Sad when you see Spurs who were only our level a few years back sack a bloke after one bad half a season and replace him with one of the worlds best managers the day after.

Saddens me to say it but we are never doing anything in this league our board are simply too inept/small time to do what Levy has done at Spurs the past decade.

Add in Leicester sacking Puel when they were about 12th and hiring Rodgers who has them 2nd in the table its actually embarassing supporting us at present especially when you have the Red Echo cheerleading the current manager of ours like we are going somewhere as a club.

Unless Usmanov comes in and has the ambition/intellect to get proper businessmen at the club and hiring a top manager I fear this boys club we have will continue to suck us dry from the inside.

Sad state of affairs.

Sad when you see Spurs who were only our level a few years back sack a bloke after one bad half a season and replace him with one of the worlds best managers the day after.

Saddens me to say it but we are never doing anything in this league our board are simply too inept/small time to do what Levy has done at Spurs the past decade.

Add in Leicester sacking Puel when they were about 12th and hiring Rodgers who has them 2nd in the table its actually embarassing supporting us at present especially when you have the Red Echo cheerleading the current manager of ours like we are going somewhere as a club.

Unless Usmanov comes in and has the ambition/intellect to get proper businessmen at the club and hiring a top manager I fear this boys club we have will continue to suck us dry from the inside.

Sad state of affairs.
He really has to appoint a top manager, it should be number one priority.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back