Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Between 2010 to 2015 lfc debt on spending was 180mil Everton over the same period was 2mil. In them 5 yrs we finished above them twice. Apart from the the season they nearly won the league, the rest of the time they were also rans.

Won one trophy a league cup on pens v a championship team. And that was a time when most of the prem weren’t also spending huge sums.

The equivalent of that 5yr period to the following 5yrs. You could argue 180mil is now 400mil.
Everton’s debt in the last 5yrs is 230mil. Wolves isn’t much less, Brighton’s is 200. Bournemouth’s 180mil West Ham again around the 170mil. Leicester is 150. And obviously they are have a great season.

Basically just goes to prove how hard it is to get it right, and it’s much harder now than it ever was.
But a quick tip for you, stop believing everything you hear on lfc radio, otherwise known as talksport . Who will have you believe Everton is the only team that has spent money poorly in the last few years.

We have spent money poorly in the last few years.

Sigurdson and Schneiderlin combined cost us 90M; pathetic.

That's the difference.

We have spent money poorly in the last few years.

Sigurdson and Schneiderlin combined cost us 90M; pathetic.

That's the difference.
It wasn’t 90 fir them 2. Schneiderlin was about 20 to 25 and siggurdsson 45. And that probably includes us winning a trophy and qualifying for Europe. I agree we have spent poorly, but at least get your facts right.

A lot of teams have also spent money on dross. And this was my point, in the media as soon as they mention silva, it’s “ Everton have spent a lot of money”
But they will have you believe Eddie Howe has done a great job on a shoestring.

It wasn’t 90 fir them 2. Schneiderlin was about 20 to 25 and siggurdsson 45. And that probably includes us winning a trophy and qualifying for Europe. I agree we have spent poorly, but at least get your facts right.

A lot of teams have also spent money on dross. And this was my point, in the media as soon as they mention silva, it’s “ Everton have spent a lot of money”
But they will have you believe Eddie Howe has done a great job on a shoestring.
Apologies @Stephenlloyd ; I was supposed to type...Sigurdson, Tosun and Schneiderlin combined cost us 90M; pathetic. Somehow Cenk got lost in that sentence...

Got slightly concerned when Jim White appeared to be his unofficial mouthpiece and suspected he was off his cake after spouting BS about James Mcarthy and the "family". Racist mumblings about Lukaku finally convinced me his amassed fortune is founded more on luck than judgement. He's no leader that's for sure

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back