Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
His ego is stopping him sack the manager.
No Tim the inability, as yet, of Brands/Everton to attract a better, infinitely more suitable manager is stopping him sack Silva.

Silva, unless he's clinically insane, will know his time as manager of Everton is strictly limited, possibly on a game by game basis while his replacement is secured.

Silvas' only and it must be a microscopic hope, is that he gets as far as the Carabao Cup tie v Leicester and somehow we beat them to make the semi-final.

Irrespective of all of this, the moment Brands - and he is truly in the spotlight now - confirms he's found the man he believes to be right for the job, Silva will surely be gone.
There is no conceivable reason to retain him any longer other than the time it takes to replace him... and Brands is now well behind the 8-ball, he has to deliver !

No Tim the inability, as yet, of Brands/Everton to attract a better, infinitely more suitable manager is stopping him sack Silva.

Silva, unless he's clinically insane, will know his time as manager of Everton is strictly limited, possibly on a game by game basis while his replacement is secured.

Silvas' only and it must be a microscopic hope, is that he gets as far as the Carabao Cup tie v Leicester and somehow we beat them to make the semi-final.

Irrespective of all of this, the moment Brands - and he is truly in the spotlight now - confirms he's found the man he believes to be right for the job, Silva will surely be gone.
There is no conceivable reason to retain him any longer other than the time it takes to replace him... and Brands is now well behind the 8-ball, he has to deliver !

I'm yet to see any evidence that Brands will be responsible for the hiring and firing of managers.

We just kind of assume he will be responsible. But I have serious doubts. The reluctance to sack Silva smacks of Moshiri refusing to remove a man he fought tooth and nail to bring in. It would be an open admission he got the wrong man.

The only question I'd ask Andy, is why hasn't the preparation been being done far earlier? Sheffield United at home was a big red flag for me.

No it wasn't ffs. It was a club with an identity and a purpose. What is it now?

Like Stockholm Syndrome with Moshiri for some.

Identity or not we still haven't won a jot in what will be a quarter of a century come May, meanwhile we've seen City, Spurs and Chelsea all bypass us in the league and seen Leicester, Birmingham and Wigan win trophies. We've gone from the team everyone expects to be in the dogfight, to the dark horses for the top 4 to big spending nothingness. We are simply that team, just a team

Identity or not we still haven't won a jot in what will be a quarter of a century come May, meanwhile we've seen City, Spurs and Chelsea all bypass us in the league and seen Leicester, Birmingham and Wigan win trophies. We've gone from the team everyone expects to be in the dogfight, to the dark horses for the top 4 to big spending nothingness. We are simply that team, just a team
Diego Simeone can answer all our prayers...trust me he'll deliver to Everton Football Club if we can get this baby through the door...

The only question I'd ask Andy, is why hasn't the preparation been being done far earlier? Sheffield United at home was a big red flag for me.
You could suggest the capitulation at Millwall last season was the first big red flag... Villa away spoke volumes too.

Brands is now the one in the spotlight, he’s got to deliver a credible alternative and quickly.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back