Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Is brands responsible for hiring and firing managers? The buck will stop with mishiri but surely brands had a major influence. I mean this is his gig also. He appointed brands to surely get involved in the mess this is???? So what’s happening there??? Moshiris the guy but brands just getting an absolute free ride here. A proper DOF doesn’t allow this to continue

How can this idiot still be dragging his heels over Silva at this point ffs?

The most charitable way I can view him right now he is that he's just a well meaning, utter incompetent who isn't fit to run an ice cream van. He's brought noting but big promises to this club and has delivered nothing but big faliure. Now maybe it's not all his fault but if he's going to persist in Being an utter coward over the inevitable sacking Silva the more I'm inclined to think that he's the problem here.

The only question I'd ask Andy, is why hasn't the preparation been being done far earlier? Sheffield United at home was a big red flag for me.

Newcastle away last season sounded serious alarm bells. When they started coming back he panicked and hadn’t a clue what to do. That said, the end to the season papered over a lot of cracks and convinced me he had found a way to take the club forward.

Why are people looking at Moshiri. Is Brands not in charge of footballing decisions. All Moshiri does is provide funds, which managers and dofs have peed up the wall.

He hired Silva, he can take stick for that off me, not sure it's not Brands who we should be looking at.

You could suggest the capitulation at Millwall last season was the first big red flag... Villa away spoke volumes too.

Brands is now the one in the spotlight, he’s got to deliver a credible alternative and quickly.
In the mainstay, his acquisitions have for me been overly positive, and those who haven't shown themselves yet is arguably down to injury and lack of playing time.

So, in that aspect I think that Brands has done a good job and based on that I have a fair level of confidence that he will be able to recruit a suitable manager.

Silva wasn't Brands choice for manager, that was Moshiri. But you're right, in his role he must now be facing a fair level of pressure as he's there to build the club.

He’s not coming in mate, don’t do it to yourself.

Only thing im clinging onto is Usmanov waiting for planning permission to be granted on the new ground before Moshiri buys the remaining shares and Usmanov comes in as Chairman.

With PP being applied for next month I imagine I'll know if thats happening or not come the end of this season.

Don't know how 848 of you have chosen that you are pleased. Is it because he's spruced Goodison up a bit? Shown you pictures of a nice new ground on the docks?

The money we have spent, the managers we have gone through for us to be in a worse state than when Moyes left is a shambles.

That stadium will not happen with us being in the championship.

In the mainstay, his acquisitions have for me been overly positive, and those who haven't shown themselves yet is arguably down to injury and lack of playing time.

So, in that aspect I think that Brands has done a good job and based on that I have a fair level of confidence that he will be able to recruit a suitable manager.

Silva wasn't Brands choice for manager, that was Moshiri. But you're right, in his role he must now be facing a fair level of pressure as he's there to build the club.
Overly positive??? Iwobi is average at best and now our biggest summer signing sat on the bench. Kean is Glued to the bench because he’s nowhere near ready and our new right back, who was identified after a year of scouting around Europe, is getting hauled off after 60 mins, rightly or wrongly, because he’s stinking the gaff out. Throw in an absolute crock that when he does play is never match fit and an extremely inconsistent loan signing from last year and I’m struggling to see the overly positive. Leaving today’s game alone his best signing from the summers been mason holgate....

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back