Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
This board needs to go too its well beyond time
“I have thrown in £250 million to turn a museum into a competitive outfit,” Moshiri said. Does he have another £250m and hiding under the couch another Stones and Lukaku.

There does need to be a clear out but my fear is the £250m plus we need to spend is just going to be to catch up.

I do believe the club has had a rotten board since Dr David Marsh took the chair. The Moores family as former custodians did us no favours in the end as they had allowed the club to run down. The outcome of this was the Tranmere Chair and Liverpool fan Johnson the hamper king with a few bob had opposition only from a club hanger on with less than a few bob who wanted his name and face back on the telly, and this time not eating hot pot on Corrie. It went badly wrong at this point EFC had sunk so far in less than 10 years including Goodison that sale-ability wise we were more Birmingham than Liverpool.

I wish he would just liquidate the club and release us all from what has turned into a lifelong purgatory.
We are an increasingly failing football club and business ,just end it Farhad, bulldoze the whole edifice to the ground and salt the earth beneath it.

“I have thrown in £250 million to turn a museum into a competitive outfit,” Moshiri said. Does he have another £250m and hiding under the couch another Stones and Lukaku.

There does need to be a clear out but my fear is the £250m plus we need to spend is just going to be to catch up.
He hasn't spent £250m of his own cash, he's sold players that he has been reinvested in dross and money that the club has earned from TV has pretty much paid for the rest.

It's a myth

You could suggest the capitulation at Millwall last season was the first big red flag... Villa away spoke volumes too.

Brands is now the one in the spotlight, he’s got to deliver a credible alternative and quickly.

The other question, is will Brands be left to do this? Or will Bill insist on his man?

Only thing im clinging onto is Usmanov waiting for planning permission to be granted on the new ground before Moshiri buys the remaining shares and Usmanov comes in as Chairman.

With PP being applied for next month I imagine I'll know if thats happening or not come the end of this season.

I don't want to be overly negative mate, but Usmanov being more in the foreground than he is now is not going to make a lot of difference. It will remain shambolic at board level.

I don't want to be overly negative mate, but Usmanov being more in the foreground than he is now is not going to make a lot of difference. It will remain shambolic at board level.

Financially maybe mate but I think Usmanov would bring in a no nonsense attitude and wouldnt put up with this small time attitude the board currently has.

He’s a complete amateur. We’ve actually gone backwards under his stewardship. The reason we’re so crap is down to him. only an idiot would hunt down and hire a manager who had managed a relegated team and was in charge of Watford when they spiralled down the table. Him and Bill are dinosaur, who have allowed the modern game to pass them by. If we ever get the new stadium (I’m having doubts now) then hopefully he’s made his money and he sells up to someone who actually wants to win something.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back