Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Overly positive??? Iwobi is average at best and now our biggest summer signing sat on the bench. Kean is Glued to the bench because he’s nowhere near ready and our new right back, who was identified after a year of scouting around Europe, is getting hauled off after 60 mins, rightly or wrongly, because he’s stinking the gaff out. Throw in an absolute crock that when he does play is never match fit and an extremely inconsistent loan signing from last year and I’m struggling to see the overly positive. Leaving today’s game alone his best signing from the summers been mason holgate....

Brands had a shocker this summer.

Iwobi as you say is half decent but nothing more and Gbamin is unknown at this stage.

Kean is for the future at best.

Gomes imo is over rated and I never wanted him permanently (I've said previously Tielemans is miles better and much more consistent) and Delph is a waste of space.

Overly positive??? Iwobi is average at best and now our biggest summer signing sat on the bench. Kean is Glued to the bench because he’s nowhere near ready and our new right back, who was identified after a year of scouting around Europe, is getting hauled off after 60 mins, rightly or wrongly, because he’s stinking the gaff out. Throw in an absolute crock that when he does play is never match fit and an extremely inconsistent loan signing from last year and I’m struggling to see the overly positive. Leaving today’s game alone his best signing from the summers been mason holgate....
Sidibé wasn't taken off because he was poor today, but because he wanted the club captain to come on and try to inspire the other players on the pitch.

When I balance Richarlison, Mina, Bernard, Digne, Sidibé, Gomes and Zouma (was a positive for me) against Iwobi, Kean and Gbamin (two unproven) then yes...

...I'd say overly positive. The players who are causing the most concern are those left over from the Walsh era and the fact that Silva couldn't manage an U11 team.

Only thing im clinging onto is Usmanov waiting for planning permission to be granted on the new ground before Moshiri buys the remaining shares and Usmanov comes in as Chairman.

With PP being applied for next month I imagine I'll know if thats happening or not come the end of this season.

I would love him to come mate, but I think if he was going public on it, he would have done it after he sold his Arsenal shares.

The DOF model is very prevalent across Europe but every other club seems to live and die by their manager. I couldn’t tell you the other DOFs around the premier league. For us though it’s such a big deal and we attach so much power to the position. Whether we like to admit it or not the manager is the one in charge at most clubs. He picks and buys those players.

Sidibé wasn't taken off because he was poor today, but because he wanted the club captain to come on and try to inspire the other players on the pitch.

When I balance Richarlison, Mina, Bernard, Digne, Sidibé, Gomes and Zouma (was a positive for me) against Iwobi, Kean and Gbamin (two unproven) then yes...

...I'd say overly positive. The players who are causing the most concern are those left over from the Walsh era and the fact that Silva couldn't manage an U11 team.
If you think sidibe wasn’t poor today then let’s just end this convo. Richie came with Silva by the way. The managers crap. Can’t wait for him to go. But we lack quality. Big time. And after the amount of money spent in two summers we shouldn’t have such an obvious lack of quality

I would love him to come mate, but I think if he was going public on it, he would have done it after he sold his Arsenal shares.

Aye but maybe he is skeptical of investing until he knows the stadium is going ahead? Lets be honest he's making zero profit on any investment if we are stuck at GP.

Thats my theory anyway - the way the takeover deal has been staggered along from Moshiri's initial 49.9% stake makes me think BMD plays some importance and Usmanov seems to quietly be in the background (the stadium sponsorship, talk of helping his friend etc).

Guess we'll know come the seasons end - Its the only thing im holding onto anyway!

At the end of the day the buck stops with him. He is the majority shareholder and he is the one who has the final say on all decisions, regardless of what's been agreed with Kenwright, Brands et al: if Moshiri has a differing opinion on something, he has the power to force that through.

What confuses me the most is that he very clearly wants Everton to provide a huge return on his investment, which in itself is absolutely fine. He wasn't born an Evertonian; he saw us as an opportunity to build something then sell it at a later date.

So why, then, is he allowing us to sink to almost beyond repair levels? If we are relegated then the stadium is off, 100%. If we are relegated he will make a gigantic loss on his investment. All signs are pointing to a relegation fight, much more so than under Koeman or Martinez. If you cannot even take a point off Sheffield United or Norwich at home - heck even score a goal against them - you deserve to be relegated.

If Brands isn't supporting a change in manager then Moshiri needs to intervene and either make an executive decision, or fire the pair of them.

The fact that he's sitting on his hands speaks volumes about his level of professionalism. If he allows this to continue into the new year we could already be too far off those above us to stay up. There is no fight in our squad, how could we trust those players to dig in and get us the points we need?

Make a change, NOW!

Aye but maybe he is skeptical of investing until he knows the stadium is going ahead? Lets be honest he's making zero profit on any investment if we are stuck at GP.

Thats my theory anyway - the way the takeover deal has been staggered along makes me think BMD plays some importance and Usmanov seems to quietly be in the background (the stadium sponsorship, talk of helping his friend etc).

Guess we'll know come the seasons end - Its the only thing im holding onto anyway!

Yeah hopefully you are right. If he did come, hopefully he wouldn’t waste time on the likes of Silva and strip oiut the deadwood throughout the club. It’s run like like a social club, not a world class sporting institution that they claim to be.

What confuses me the most is that he very clearly wants Everton to provide a huge return on his investment, which in itself is absolutely fine. He wasn't born an Evertonian; he saw us as an opportunity to build something then sell it at a later date.

So why, then, is he allowing us to sink to almost beyond repair levels? If we are relegated then the stadium is off, 100%. If we are relegated he will make a gigantic loss on his investment. All signs are pointing to a relegation fight, much more so than under Koeman or Martinez. If you cannot even take a point off Sheffield United or Norwich at home - heck even score a goal against them - you deserve to be relegated.

The Allardyce appointment last season was a desperate attempt to protect his investment, and to give him time to get Silva.

If we got relegated then we would get parachute payments, £40m first year and then it drops each year by quite some for the following couple of years. Wage bill would drop dramatically and players would be sold, there would not need to be any finance for a new stadium as that would be scrapped. I'm not well versed in how the rich make tax write offs from losses but I bet he has already worked out the finances as any decent investor would.

A decent investor knows when to walk away and when to continue to pour money in. All I know is that if we're sounding out potential investors to take on the financing of a new stadium then continued poor results and low league positions with a potential relegation scrap won't inspire confidence.

The Allardyce appointment last season was a desperate attempt to protect his investment, and to give him time to get Silva.

If we got relegated then we would get parachute payments, £40m first year and then it drops each year by quite some for the following years. Wage bill would drop dramatically and players would be sold, there would not need to be any finance for a new stadium as that would be scrapped. I'm not well versed in how the rich make tax write offs from losses but I bet he has already worked out the finances as any decent investor would.

A decent investor knows when to walk away and when to continue to pour money in. All I know is that if we're sounding out potential investors to take on the financing of a new stadium then continued poor results and low league positions with a potential relegation scrap won't inspire confidence.
Hear hear fine Sir. *doffs cap*

As he says "There will be better days"
but only if he learns the lessons from the mistakes that have been made.
I grant that some mistakes are not clearly going to be a mistake until further down the line when something clearly isn't working . But, the mistake that he has made is not learning from the Koeman Debacle. since Moyes we have signed up and coming managers.....who have yet to show the ability to turn potential into results. Martinez , granted , was not his choice and I think in hindsight he still had to go. But Koeman...after him we needed to go for a world class coach...whatever the cost we needed to bust the bank but no, we chose another up and coming and hope his potential develops. It didn't work Silva has to go. So will the same mistake be repeated ?....do we shore up a season in danger of disintegration and relegation with a Moyes type caretaker until the end of the season , because that's where we are after the next 5 games we are in the bottom 3. Or do we dig deep deep deep into the mythical Russian piggy bank and bring a GREAT proven manager in. I know where my thoughts lie.

All we see at present is the Everton version of Cameron and Clegg with Moshri and Kenwrong. You can only have one leader and that board and senior team have split loyalties. Moshri either becomes THE man or fund Kenwrong to play with his toy and Moshri moves to the Isle of Man.

All we see at present is the Everton version of Cameron and Clegg with Moshri and Kenwrong. You can only have one leader and that board and senior team have split loyalties. Moshri either becomes THE man or fund Kenwrong to play with his toy and Moshri moves to the Isle of Man.
20% tax on IoM and 0% tax in Monaco. That's before you even get on to the weather.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back