Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Its embarrassing seeing grown men throwing words like charlatan, fraud and carpet bagger around when none of them describe Moshiri

We are 17th because of underperforming manager and players, who have let those that employed them down horrendously not the employers themselves

?

He personally picked Silva. It's completely his fault we have him as Everton manager.

Moshiri picked Koeman and Walsh. Both nearly killed the club.

Sacks Koeman. Fine.

Has the choice of Allardyce, O'Neill or Paulo Fonseca.

Picks Allardyce.

Absolute next gift - Elstone quits. Appoints DBB.

Sacks Allardyce. Loads of decent managers about, spends £10m in compo getting Silva.

Remind me again @Megatron how it's not his fault.

Sacks Koeman. Fine.

Picks Allardyce.

Sacks Allardyce. Loads of decent managers about, spends £10m in compo getting Silva.

tenor.gif

Sacks Koeman. Fine.

Picks Allardyce.

Sorry Friend but was he supposed to know things would go tits up with Koeman? None of of us could have seen that coming

Allardyce should never have been considered and Walsh should have been piped down for even suggesting it - That's his one big mistake, that he eventually reversed

Silva I wasn't keen on, and we should have walked away the minute Watford said no but even then it should have been up to Silva once he got the job to prove all the doubters wrong and bar a minute spell either side of last year's collapse in form, he hasn't done that but he did do just enough to at least start this season and get that backing in doing so and he's failed everyone including Moshiri

Sorry Friend but was he supposed to know things would go tits up with Koeman? None of of us could have seen that coming

Allardyce should never have been considered and Walsh should have been piped down for even suggesting it - That's his one big mistake, that he eventually reversed

Silva I wasn't keen on, and we should have walked away the minute Watford said no but even then it should have been up to Silva once he got the job to prove all the doubters wrong and bar a minute spell either side of last year's collapse in form, he hasn't done that but he did do just enough to at least start this season and get that backing in doing so and he's failed everyone including Moshiri

In terms of playing personnel, I honestly think we're still suffering badly from that summer transfer window in 2017. Losing Lukaku and replacing him with an over-the-hill Rooney, Sigurdsson, Sandro Ramirez (!!!!), and Davy Klaassen set us on course for where we are now.

If we had replaced Lukaku by going all-out (i.e. spent upwards of 40 million) on a proven goalscoring striker, and if we hadn't of alienated Ross Barkley to the extent that he obviously felt moved to not sign a new contract and go to Chelsea the following January, we'd likely be in a very different place. Barkley I'm sure looked at the signings of Sigurdsson, Rooney and Klaassen and figured Koeman simply didn't want him in the team anymore.

With the benefit of hindsight, Ross looks like a freaking genius going to Chelsea.

Who could EVER have seen a manager who went in to a tailspin with a club in Spain with a player say "we won the {cup} in spite of Koeman" and then have a very similar spell where he was VERY highly on the block to be sacked by SOUTHAMPTON before they turned it around failing here?

I mean....yeah, a lot of people.

Its embarrassing seeing grown men throwing words like charlatan, fraud and carpet bagger around when none of them describe Moshiri

We are 17th because of underperforming manager and players, who have let those that employed them down horrendously not the employers themselves
If it wasn’t for Moshiri’s weird approach we would have been much better off. Marco Silva indeed!

I just think Mr Moshiri does not understand football, or somehow has formed such a strong bond with Mr Silva that he is finding it too difficult to pull the trigger. It can't be down to money. He's thrown hundreds of millions at our problems. He can afford more to get the most important position within the club sorted. Genuinely can't see why he hasn't been able to fire him yet. It's something that virtually no other club would put up with. Look at Arsenal and Spurs, performing way better than us but still ruthlessly sacked their managers for underperforming, yet we continue our relegation form and the chairman is still pleased as punch with the manager.

I think it’s definitely not because of money.

I guess it may come down to this following reason

1. Brands had a team meeting with the playing staff and the response was a overwhelming support from the players towards Silva.

2. richarlison contract negotiation will be off if Silva is sack.

3 the bond between moshiri and Silva is deeper than we’d imagine. Just like kenwrong towards Moyes.

4. misguided believe things will turn around just like last season.

5. fans not putting enough pressure and seems to reluctantly accept the status quo.

1. Brands had a team meeting with the playing staff and the response was a overwhelming support from the players towards Silva.

3 the bond between moshiri and Silva is deeper than we’d imagine. Just like kenwrong towards Moyes.

5. fans not putting enough pressure and seems to reluctantly accept the status quo.
I think 5. Is the most likely. You’d see riots at the RS for anywhere near approaching what we’ve been put through.

Moshiri has made huge mistakes in appointing the last 3 managers , all of whom were totally unsuited and / or out of their depth.

However the biggest mistakes were allowing Kenwright to hang around like a bad smell and appointing DBB - who has nothing on her CV to suggest that she is capable of running Everton and who is completely unqualified to do so.

1) wouldn’t surprise me. This is a manager who will continue to play you even if your form is horrendous and you offer virtually nothing to the team

2) I’m not arsed if Richarlison doesn’t sign a new deal if Silva is sacked, do you reckon he’s gonna stick around at Everton when we are battling it out twice a week in the Championship? The club is bigger than any player.

3) I think it’s more down to Moshiri not wanting to admit he got it wrong again.

4) This manager is breaking records in a negative way with us, if that doesn’t open the boards eyes and they still have faith in him then I question their intentions with the club.

5) Fans were chanting ‘sacked in the morning’ to him last weekend, fans were confronting Kenwright, I think they know how we feel. I suspect things will get a lot worse at Goodison against Chelsea if we receive a hammering.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back