Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
In terms of playing personnel, I honestly think we're still suffering badly from that summer transfer window in 2017. Losing Lukaku and replacing him with an over-the-hill Rooney, Sigurdsson, Sandro Ramirez (!!!!), and Davy Klaassen set us on course for where we are now.

If we had replaced Lukaku by going all-out (i.e. spent upwards of 40 million) on a proven goalscoring striker, and if we hadn't of alienated Ross Barkley to the extent that he obviously felt moved to not sign a new contract and go to Chelsea the following January, we'd likely be in a very different place. Barkley I'm sure looked at the signings of Sigurdsson, Rooney and Klaassen and figured Koeman simply didn't want him in the team anymore.

With the benefit of hindsight, Ross looks like a freaking genius going to Chelsea.

Barkley led us a dance and had off the field problems at Everton, and was always an accident waiting to happen. Lampard has sussed Barkley out and it will take a lot from Barkley to even get another game at Chelsea. He's on a downward spiral. And yet according to you he looks like a genius. And we didn't 'alienate' him...it was the other way round.

In terms of playing personnel, I honestly think we're still suffering badly from that summer transfer window in 2017. Losing Lukaku and replacing him with an over-the-hill Rooney, Sigurdsson, Sandro Ramirez (!!!!), and Davy Klaassen set us on course for where we are now.

If we had replaced Lukaku by going all-out (i.e. spent upwards of 40 million) on a proven goalscoring striker, and if we hadn't of alienated Ross Barkley to the extent that he obviously felt moved to not sign a new contract and go to Chelsea the following January, we'd likely be in a very different place. Barkley I'm sure looked at the signings of Sigurdsson, Rooney and Klaassen and figured Koeman simply didn't want him in the team anymore.

With the benefit of hindsight, Ross looks like a freaking genius going to Chelsea.
Mate, you mightn't know, but he had to go before the local heavies took a hammer to his knees.

1) wouldn’t surprise me. This is a manager who will continue to play you even if your form is horrendous and you offer virtually nothing to the team

2) I’m not arsed if Richarlison doesn’t sign a new deal if Silva is sacked, do you reckon he’s gonna stick around at Everton when we are battling it out twice a week in the Championship? The club is bigger than any player.

3) I think it’s more down to Moshiri not wanting to admit he got it wrong again.

4) This manager is breaking records in a negative way with us, if that doesn’t open the boards eyes and they still have faith in him then I question their intentions with the club.

5) Fans were chanting ‘sacked in the morning’ to him last weekend, fans were confronting Kenwright, I think they know how we feel. I suspect things will get a lot worse at Goodison against Chelsea if we receive a hammering.

I would say that you're right about him not wanting to lose face and also we don't have much money to keep paying off compensation to managers. We've been run really poorly.

I would say that you're right about him not wanting to lose face and also we don't have much money to keep paying off compensation to managers. We've been run really poorly.

The cost of sacking him is tiny to the loss in finishing prize money from say 8th to bottom half (thats not taking into account the possibility of relegation).

This isnt about money for me its the boards lack of football knowledge of who to get in and their love in for this clown manager.

Silva was actually brought in on the cheap (compared to Koeman and Martinez anyway) and was probably one of the reasons he was brought in actually.

The cost of sacking him is tiny to the loss in finishing prize money from say 8th to bottom half (thats not taking into account the possibility of relegation).

This isnt about money for me its the boards lack of football knowledge of who to get in and their love in for this clown manager.

Oh, you're probably right. Maybe there's a lack of alternatives for us. Just got to pray Brands is going all out for someone decent which is the cause of the delay but, we're Everton so more likely he hasn't planned for this situation.

Can't be though, can there. I see it rather a lack of knowledge from him and Brands. Get the money out, you'll get a great manager. Would Rafael have gone to China for a standard wage?

Rafael wont ever get a top job again.

Hence why he joined Newcastle and is now in China.

I think its a bit silly to be saying Brands has a lack of knowledge, he clearly knows more than me or you, I mean its his job to know more.

I mean I cant think of any viable options, can you?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back