Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Surely he cant be criticised now. Made the odd mistake with his appointments, but its easy to forget the whole time he was at Arsenal, Wenger was there so he wouldnt have had experience of having to find a new manager.

He obviously learned from his mistakes and has backed yet another man, this time a quality one with an actual plan. Would have been easy for him to not spend again after the money he already wasted but he's put his hand in his pocket.

Deserves a massive amount of credit

Story in The Athletic today that The Mosh was so chuffed with the Spurs wins he’s bought Don Carlo A new Rolls Royce Cullinan . Whoever’s bankrolling is (if it’s not Moshiri) clearly still happy to drop the cash...

(First things first - you can tell things are going well for us at the monent: this thread was down near the bottom of page 4!)

Now, clearly he divides opinion for all sorts of reasons, some legitimate, some less so...

But if “Project Big Picture” (have you ever heard a more self-important title?) had gone ahead, Moshiri likely could have claimed back ~£250m against the cost of our new stadium... but instead he clearly gave DBB the go-ahead to tell them where to stick their plan.

Deserves a lot of credit for that.

(First things first - you can tell things are going well for us at the monent: this thread was down near the bottom of page 4!)

Now, clearly he divides opinion for all sorts of reasons, some legitimate, some less so...

But if “Project Big Picture” (have you ever heard a more self-important title?) had gone ahead, Moshiri likely could have claimed back ~£250m against the cost of our new stadium... but instead he clearly gave DBB the go-ahead to tell them where to stick their plan.

Deserves a lot of credit for that.

Agree with you entirely mate.
Would have been very easy to turn a blind eye to the ulterior motive behind what RS and Manure were actually up to and save the £250 million.
Deserves every credit.
The 45.5% who have voted no , need to give their heads a bloody big wobble , and have a long , hard look in the mirror , and ask themselves what they would have done in his position !

Presumably new shares issued to him, but I haven't seen the details.

Very good for the club regardless of the finer details

Edit: Sounds like he may be converting debt to equity
I read it that he is creating new shares and buying them, that money then going into the club. So rather than just gifting the money, he owns shares that can later be sold. It 'may' slightly devalue the price of existing shares, I hope so as I want to buy one or two. May also be FFP friendly, I'm guessing on that bit though.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back