Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Moshri the accountant who was given he’s Arsenal shares “by a close friend,” which Moshri then sold to purchase Everton, is obviously running the club as a means to launder money that was “stolen” from the people who live in the old Soviet Union.
It seems on here, as long as it helps Everton buy better players/buy progress up the league, nobody cares that that money should have gone to help the cash strapped communities it’s been stolen from.
“The People’s Club” eh?

Our friend @The Esk has been through the accounts with his fine toothcomb and here's his take on how the numbers look...

As always it's an interesting piece Andy. Just a few quick thoughts

1) Wages have remainedquite stable. 164 up from 160.
2) Commercial performance is up substantially. 118% up to over 60m. We know most of that is down to USM though.
3) On his final sentence, we want an owner who can turn a loss into a profit that is very difficult. We have the structure of a club that is an also ran, but the aspirations to be an elite club. The only way in the short term to cover that is with huge losses and the owner underwriting it. THis has been seen before, with both City & Chelsea, who wracked up proportiontely bigger losses.

There is a legitimate question to say has he improved the commercial/business performance of the club. That is important, but would likely take 10+ years if we went about it that way. I think he should do more on this too, but we will not be competing at the top end if the focus would be on turning a loss into a profit.

Moshri the accountant who was given he’s Arsenal shares “by a close friend,” which Moshri then sold to purchase Everton, is obviously running the club as a means to launder money that was “stolen” from the people who live in the old Soviet Union.
It seems on here, as long as it helps Everton buy better players/buy progress up the league, nobody cares that that money should have gone to help the cash strapped communities it’s been stolen from.
“The People’s Club” eh?

I think you've made quite a lot of assumptions here mate. I am not aware of any evidence that anyone associated with Everton stole money from people in the Soviet Union. I'd happily evaluate any evidence to the contrary.

“The People’s Club” eh?
Still hurting about the old Spurs Furlough incident are we?

“The People’s Club” eh?
Honestly if you're concerned with where the money comes from then the best thing to do is just avoid sports. Like all of them. I don't think a single one exists that isn't financed by people who have become rich behind scummy practices.

I wish it wasn't the case.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back