Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Over the past three financial years Everton have posted combined losses of almost £265m (£139.9m in 2019-20, £111.8m in 2018-19 and £13.1m in 2017-18). That breaches Premier League profit and sustainability rules allowing for a loss of £105m over three years, although that is a pre-Covid figure and restrictions have been relaxed as a result of the pandemic.

So here’s my read of it, losses over a three year period of £265, breaching profit and sustainability rules.

250 mill, share issue, clearing a new £100-150 million in income (figure not clear from what I read). But essentially that level of cash flow is going into the club next year.

So for Profit and sustainability rules (if they aren’t relaxed) last year and this year will be rolled up and assessed as one.

But as we stand, £265 losses, minus £100 million (minimum is share issue) is £169 in losses, we can write or COVID losses of approx £70mill, which takes us to losses of about £100 mill approx, if planning permission in granted we can capitalise stadium cost so far, approx £40-50 million, which could take us down to £50 mill in losses and factoring in what we spent in the summer, £60 mill odd we probably make compliance if we need to and that assuming there isn’t a COVID relaxing of it all. Either way if Mosh is buying the shares you get the feeling he will pay enough for them as he needs to, for us to comply. He’s mad.

Very rough calculation as a lot of the stuff is new news. Just my take.

Last edited:
It doesnt really matter whether you or I believe in him though does it?

He’s probably worth a lot more, but Mosh is valued at the 1-2 billion mark, this will take his investment in us to 400 mill odd approx before stadium funding.

Logically there has to be a consortium behind him, no way he’s investing that himself in a few short years here by himself.

Screenshot_20201211-224459_Chrome.webp
Frightening.

Got to start getting this right .

It’s not his money he’s throwing in anyway.

Aye the money will be coming from some dodgy offshore company with traces to a certain Russian Oligarch.

One things for sure if I had spent that sort of dough I would be strangling the likes of Brands and lobbing footie boots at the wasters like Siggurdsson strolling around the pitch earning 100k a week.

The loss is approx £140m. Four exceptional items: COVID (-£67m), sacking Silva (-£6m), the stadium development work (-£20m), selling the stadium naming option (+£30m). So stripping out the exceptionals, the underlying loss was £77m for the year.

If the stadium doesn't go ahead then he might as well start selling off our assets and then liquidate us. If we can't make a success with his half a billion pounds of investment thus far and one of the best managers in the would, we'll never come good.

If the stadium doesn't go ahead then he might as well start selling off our assets and then liquidate us. If we can't make a success with his half a billion pounds of investment thus far and one of the best managers in the would, we'll never come good.

Problem is a lot of that money has been spunked up the wall, it's like we've got to start all over again.

Problem is a lot of that money has been spunked up the wall, it's like we've got to start all over again.

Yep, day 1 of the Moshiri era really was Ancelotti. That was the big name he craved form the start.

The end of Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, Unsworth as interim..... All just a very expensive path to getting his main man.

Last edited:
He’s probably worth a lot more, but Mosh is valued at the 1-2 billion mark, this will take his investment in us to 400 mill odd approx before stadium funding.

Logically there has to be a consortium behind him, no way he’s investing that himself in a few short years here by himself.

I've said for some time now, re Moshiri there are a couple of possibilities;
1) His wealth goes well beyond the 2bn it is cautiously estimated at. I mean while there is an acknowledgement he has more money, it could go way beyond what the estimates suggest.

2) That Moshiri is a front man for a consortium (likely USM & friends).

3) Both of the above

Whether someone wants to put their head in the sand and fall back on "no official proof" or whatever is up to them. But what can't be denied, is that his bankrolling of the club is now on the same course as essentially only Chelsea and City were. It shows no sign of stopping, and seems to be increasing. It would be far more unlikely that it just stops one day.

A lot of people confuse them wanting the club to be run ike RB Leipzig or whatever, with how the club is actually run. It's confirmation bias.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back