Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Hes a contradiction of opposing forces, committed in terms of finances, but massively poor decision making. As fans we really underestimated how good we were in terms of management of the football club before he arrived. We just expected it to continue.

I remember when Red and White holding were agitated at Arsenal during the power play there and they would release statements about how they would throw money at Arsenal if they were in full control, i always felt that was very short sighted money greases the wheel but there is so much more to succeeding in football then just throwing money at it. Unfortunately, that approach got in here and the shortsightedness has come to pass here.

Haha gotta admit, you're close!

But let's face it, he's in this position with Usmanov because he's smart and of value.

There's still hope!
There's nothing to be had from the link now.

That part of our history is coming to an end. The Moshiri era will be over within a year IMO.

You're still desperate for their money though.
I'm a pragmatist. We had them here and so we would be mad not to get a stadium out of it.

Now that's not possible it appears, so why should I even hold that former view now?

It's now IMPRACTICAL to have him around on every single level.

Our best bet now is for a sale to be arranged quickly. But given that we had to wait about 5 years for the Moshiri takeover I'm not exactly expectant on that.

I'm a pragmatist. We had them here and so we would be mad not to get a stadium out of it.

Now that's not possible it appears, so why should I even hold that former view now?

Our best bet now is for a sale to be arranged quickly. But given that we had to wait about 5 years for the Moshiri takeover I'm not exactly expectant on that.

I agree with the stadium bit but you're still crying out for the USM cash beyond that.

May just be best to get the stadium built and move on with fresh investors.

I agree with the stadium bit but you're still crying out for the USM cash beyond that.

May just be best to get the stadium built and move on with fresh investors.
I was bemoaning the fact that source of funding has been unnecessarily taken away from us. There's no way in a PL that has despotic regime cash flowing right through it that Everton and Chelsea should have been disadvantaged like this...even more so for us because Chelsea will get an even bigger injection of investment than under the latter years of Abramovic's ownership. We'll be back to selling every asset we have tokeep afloat as Moshiri is a dead duck and will just sit there until his and Usmanov's shares are bought and debts repaid.

The stadium, wont be finished until 2024 though, 2 years is a long time. His assets haven't dissapeared they've been frozen and just the foreign ones, while other sources are in investments, no more then us.

Can you imagine in the political environment we have now that Everton's continuing commitment to a new stadium wouldn't be looked at very closely and pointed questions asked?

This club would run a mile from controversy of that nature. The likes of Bryant have their teeth into Usmanov now and his connections with Moshiri wont be forgotten about. An Everton stadium rising on the banks of the Mersey would be seen as a huge middle finger to the attempt at sanctioning oligarchs. A symbol of failure for our political class to stop their continued impact here.

Chances of this going ahead to completion with Moshiri for me are about 2/10.

Can you imagine in the political environment we have now that Everton's continuing commitment to a new stadium wouldn't be looked at very closely and pointed questions asked?

This club would run a mile from controversy of that nature. The likes of Bryant have their teeth into Usmanov now and his connections with Moshiri wont be forgotten about. An Everton stadium rising on the banks of the Mersey would be seen as a huge middle finger to the attempt at sanctioning oligarchs. A symbol of failure for our political class to stop their continued impact here.

Chances of this going ahead to completion with Moshiri for me are about 2/10.

In this political climate, yes mate, but in two years the hope is the conflict will resolve. There is a fair degree of sports washing going on in the PL - look at City and Newcastle - thats from an ownership perspective. What we are talking about here is a commercial deal - so context required- between two private parties, thats not illegal. Russian money goes from top to bottom, through UK institutions and society and many other countries. London runs on it. Thus i see the political climate in the Uk in particular, in two years time to revert to something of a norm, spun as a sign of reconciliation and peace even. I dont think an eye will blink if a Russian linked company sponsors us by 8 -15 mill a year, when there will be bigger sins in bigger national institutions going on. All we've done is suspend deals while sanctions are appexing.

In my experience greed always wins mate and there are two many up to their neck in it here. The UK haven't even battered Russia with sanctions like others have - just enough to pass from a PR perspective politically - there up to their neck in it.

Last edited:
In this political climate, yes mate, but in two years the hope is the conflict will resolve. There is a fair degree of sports washing going on in the PL - look at City and Newcastle - thats from an ownership perspective. What we are talking about here is a commercial deal - so context required- between two private parties, thats not illegal. Russian money goes from top to bottom, through UK institutions and society and many other countries. London runs on it. Thus i see the political climate in the Uk in particular, in two years time to revert to something of a norm, spun as a sign of reconciliation and peace even. I dont think an eye will blink if a Russian linked company sponsors us by 8 -15 mill a year, when there will be bigger sins in bigger national institutions going on. All we've done is suspend deals while sanctions are appexing.

In my experience greed always wins mate and there are two many up to their neck in it here. The UK haven't even battered Russia with sanctions like others have - just enough to pass from a PR perspective politically - there up to their neck in it.

We're then at the mercy of events though.

The club tried the 'bide our time' routine with the statement earlier in the week of 'suspending sponsorship of USM' and then within days Moshiri publicly removed himself from USM and any link to Usmanov.

I think one of 2 things will happen...

1: Moshiri puts us up for sale when the stadium is built. However, he will need the team to be in a far stronger position both on/off the pitch to attract buyers.

2: In a couple of years USM return and go full Galactico levels of sponsorship/investment etc

I dont see another outcome.

He will likely have to stay until the stadium is built, or may have to dilute his shareholding if he needs a partner.

The stadium is everything. Complete it and he could and should leave.

We are a more attractive proposition then, and won't be hindered by Kenwright insisting he stays on.

Things always change. Moshiri won't be around forever and we could hardly do worse with someone else at the helm.

His ownership by and large has been a disaster from day one, the stadium is the only saving grace and that's still open to question.

If it so happened that it wasn't completed, then he is finished here anyway.

This is what I love, thank goodness he came never mind the "errors" but rather that than have BK and the Doctor hanging on. If they had there would definitely be no prospect of a new stadium but to continue in a run down GP. And where would we be in the PL any guesses.

We're then at the mercy of events though.

The club tried the 'bide our time' routine with the statement earlier in the week of 'suspending sponsorship of USM' and then within days Moshiri publicly removed himself from USM and any link to Usmanov.

We exist in an external environment mate - we are all at the mercy of events all the time, control ultimately is perceptional and a cooping mechanism its doesn't exist really and if it does its very insignificant scales.

USM is a holding company, it doesnt do anything, he could become chairman of Tumbtack Aliiance, next week and a new holding comapny set up with nothing to do with Usminov. These lads arent stupid, Usminov will know hes toxic at the moment and being toxic isnt profitable its why he has lads like Moshiri in the first place to be the canary in the mines or proxies.

This is bollocks, the club is no where near attractive for a quick sale and to whom? Come on Dave we had this before how much for the club plus around 450 mill for BMD. Get in the real world.

We exist in an external environment mate - we are all at the mercy of events all the time, control ultimately is perceptional and a cooping mechanism its doesn't exist really and if it does its very insignificant scales.

USM is a holding company, it doesnt do anything, he could become chairman of Tumbtack Aliiance, next week and a new holding comapny set up with nothing to do with Usminov. These lads arent stupid, Usminov will know hes toxic at the moment and being toxic isnt profitable its why he has lads like Moshiri in the first place to be the canary in the mines or proxies.

Too true, bet Farahd and Usminov still face time each other.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back