Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I think one of 2 things will happen...

1: Moshiri puts us up for sale when the stadium is built. However, he will need the team to be in a far stronger position both on/off the pitch to attract buyers.

2: In a couple of years USM return and go full Galactico levels of sponsorship/investment etc

I dont see another outcome.

I dont see a change of ownership myself mate. Ill put it this way, Abromocivh bought Chelsea for 60 mill, hes selling it for 3 billion, hes put about 1.5 billion into it - thats just servicing the asset.

Clubs are investments for these lads, somewhere to wash your money and an investment appreciates in value over time, even with what been put into Everton in Moshiris time will just be seen as a servicing cost - though hes made a bags of it.

In this political climate, yes mate, but in two years the hope is the conflict will resolve. There is a fair degree of sports washing going on in the PL - look at City and Newcastle - thats from an ownership perspective. What we are talking about here is a commercial deal - so context required- between two private parties, thats not illegal. Russian money goes from top to bottom, through UK institutions and society and many other countries. London runs on it. Thus i see the political climate in the Uk in particular, in two years time to revert to something of a norm, spun as a sign of reconciliation and peace even. I dont think an eye will blink if a Russian linked company sponsors us by 8 -15 mill a year, when there will be bigger sins in bigger national institutions going on. All we've done is suspend deals while sanctions are appexing.

In my experience greed always wins mate and there are two many up to their neck in it here. The UK haven't even battered Russia with sanctions like others have - just enough to pass from a PR perspective politically - there up to their neck in it.
Agree with everything you say there. We just have to hope the stadium can be completed more or less within the timeframe outlined. In the interim period Usmanov/USM are toxic and as useful to us as a glass hammer.

To get the conflict to end in the first place, the unfurling of sanctions is one of the few quick and painless things the west can offer to sweeten the probably otherwise bitter pill (in their view) the Russians will have to swallow.

The issue is from our viewpoint is how long the uncertainty will go on for. Ultimately whilst I think moral scruples will be thrown out once more when the coast is clear, and were never there anyway, the likes of Usmanov are probably permanently tainted now and not worth the risk.

We will be able to attract investment, but for me it's a chicken and egg scenario requiring the stadium to be completed first and Moshiri to then sell up. I'd steer clear of Russia until such time Putin is no more. It's not worth it. Even if Usmanov and his ilk can be rehabilitated, it won't be quick enough to impact us in the way we would need.

Agree with everything you say there. We just have to hope the stadium can be completed more or less within the timeframe outlined. In the interim period Usmanov/USM are toxic and as useful to us as a glass hammer.

To get the conflict to end in the first place, the unfurling of sanctions is one of the few quick and painless things the west can offer to sweeten the probably otherwise bitter pill (in their view) the Russians will have to swallow.

The issue is from our viewpoint is how long the uncertainty will go on for. Ultimately whilst I think moral scruples will be thrown out once more when the coast is clear, and were never there anyway, the likes of Usmanov are probably permanently tainted now and not worth the risk.

We will be able to attract investment, but for me it's a chicken and egg scenario requiring the stadium to be completed first and Moshiri to then sell up. I'd steer clear of Russia until such time Putin is no more. It's not worth it. Even if Usmanov and his ilk can be rehabilitated, it won't be quick enough to impact us in the way we would need.
Isn't usmanov in his late 60s? If it is the case that he does get rehabilitated then I can't imagine his lawyers will be too happy with him having to wait around too long.

In this political climate, yes mate, but in two years the hope is the conflict will resolve. There is a fair degree of sports washing going on in the PL - look at City and Newcastle - thats from an ownership perspective. What we are talking about here is a commercial deal - so context required- between two private parties, thats not illegal. Russian money goes from top to bottom, through UK institutions and society and many other countries. London runs on it. Thus i see the political climate in the Uk in particular, in two years time to revert to something of a norm, spun as a sign of reconciliation and peace even. I dont think an eye will blink if a Russian linked company sponsors us by 8 -15 mill a year, when there will be bigger sins in bigger national institutions going on. All we've done is suspend deals while sanctions are appexing.

In my experience greed always wins mate and there are two many up to their neck in it here. The UK haven't even battered Russia with sanctions like others have - just enough to pass from a PR perspective politically - there up to their neck in it.
Your time frame is narrower than mine. Much narrower.

This isn't a couple of years hiatus until the normalisation of business post Ukraine. This is the creation of a new Cold War. Any football club with ties to the other side are not going to be allowed to just get on with matters. That's why Abramovic sold up quick smart.

The other shoe hasn't dropped on this for some: here it is - Moshiri is the past.

you are giving davek a run for his money as probably the worst poster on this forum ?
Quite hilarious coming from a Tory who likes to profit from the death of innocent people in Ukraine. Not to mention their username is that of a seedy hotel in Thailand.

But your still the second worst poster on this forum behind @ForeverBlue92

No surprise that you 2 support Moshiri

This is bollocks, the club is no where near attractive for a quick sale and to whom? Come on Dave we had this before how much for the club plus around 450 mill for BMD. Get in the real world.
I'm amazed you never read the next sentence after the one you highlighted, as it made your response redundant!

Quite hilarious coming from a Tory who likes to profit from the death of innocent people in Ukraine. Not to mention their username is that of a seedy hotel in Thailand.

Can someone call an ambulance please, I just witnessed bare assault. Feel sick.

I dont see a change of ownership myself mate. Ill put it this way, Abromocivh bought Chelsea for 60 mill, hes selling it for 3 billion, hes put about 1.5 billion into it - thats just servicing the asset.

Clubs are investments for these lads, somewhere to wash your money and an investment appreciates in value over time, even with what been put into Everton in Moshiris time will just be seen as a servicing cost - though hes made a bags of it.

Well, yeah I should have added a caveat that Moshiri would sell if he was indeed the front man.

The fact remains though as ive always said that I think Moshiri can easily maintain and fund the club in the mid to long term financially.

Adding Thelwell and Lampard looks to be a more sustainable approach with a youth focus as well.

You call me a Tory when I'm Irish and your hero in your avatar is a self confessed Tory.
You are very confused ?

Said before, Mosh owns 94% of Everton. He has no one else on the board with money to invest. All he has to do is sell shares to investors to increase investment that isn't entirely reliant on him. The ground that he'll own is tangible assets that others will look to want a part of.

USM sponsoring the training ground was up this summer anyway, same with Cazoo. We won't have been just sat there putting all are eggs in one basket with these things, we'll have other offers knocking on the door.

Too much scaremongering cos we had it partly easy with Uncle Uzi sprinkling some money here or there. We don't owe him anything, he hasn't invested money off his own back, which is why severing ties with him was quick and easy.

There's a opportunity to move forward.

I'll say what most are thinking then shall I? With Roman Abramovich now selling Chelsea, any chance all this mess may actually help us to get rid of this incompetent goofball of an owner and someone with any idea whatsoever about how to run a football club business actually buying the club?
There May be a willing fool sorry, Buyer, but there has to be a willing seller.

Your time frame is narrower than mine. Much narrower.

This isn't a couple of years hiatus until the normalisation of business post Ukraine. This is the creation of a new Cold War. Any football club with ties to the other side are not going to be allowed to just get on with matters. That's why Abramovic sold up quick smart.

The other shoe hasn't dropped on this for some: here it is - Moshiri is the past.

What you thinking then Dave? Chinese takeover? Saudi's?

Or is Blue Bill back in the frame?

Abramowich wont get even 1. Billion. A few month from now he will be happy to get 500 million! Russia will go down fast !

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back