Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Which is only because he had the balls to give it a go.

The media loved Kenwright because he gave off this portrayal of "stability" which is easy to do if you're aiming for 17th every season spending the bare minimum.

I've said it time after time but take Chelsea, Man City and Leicester out the equation there isn't one other owner thats done wonders with a club in this league whilst having them compete for trophies / Champions League and that's the issue we face going forward (I would include FSG but lets be honest they massively lucked out on Klopp).

Barring an uber rich owner coming in with an equally uber rich friend who can sponser us to get around FFP whilst also being a proper footballing man who has us run soundly (doesn't sound that likely does it) we're either end up with someome similiar to Moshiri/Lerner who'll go balls in looking for success or someone like Mike a Ashley / Gold, Sullivan, Leeds/Saints/Palace owners who have no desire to fight for the top 6 and will sit on their investment which is what Kenwright did.

Thats the issue of our ownership for me is a complex one - shouting "Moshiri oot!" is fine but who's coming in that will genuinely turn us around and get us back to what we once were? If thats even possible.
No he didn't though, giving it go would have been coming in with a proper plan and structure and then putting it into place and building from it. We have just tried to wing it from season to season throwing money at problems and thinking outdated managers will solve our issues. Moshiri has only ever been interested in the docks, a large scale property deal. Don't even start me on the Kia thing or the fact Bill is still here.
Unlike yourself I'm not desperate to compete for top 6, I just want to be able to watch us at the weekend and us to be able to do well and try and win the odd game and not be afraid so often.

No he didn't though, giving it go would have been coming in with a proper plan and structure and then putting it into place and building from it. We have just tried to wing it from season to season throwing money at problems and thinking outdated managers will solve our issues. Moshiri has only ever been interested in the docks, a large scale property deal. Don't even start me on the Kia thing or the fact Bill is still here.
Unlike yourself I'm not desperate to compete for top 6, I just want to be able to watch us at the weekend and us to be able to do well and try and win the odd game and not be afraid so often.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence mate.

If we had an owner that was spending £20-30 million tops a season aiming for 10th-12th yes some fans would feel secure and safe but I guarantee the majority would be watching the likes of Newcastle spending £100+ million a season fighting for top 6 and possibly even winning trophies thinking "yeah I want some of that".

As someone not old enough to truly remember the 1995 cup win - I would honestly rather see us crash and burn in a blaze of glory gunning for that success I desperately crave than see us repeat the Kenwright era of no hope, no aspirations, no ambition - just bobbling around existing. Waking up on the morning of the new PL season knowing at best we might nick a top half finish and get to a cup quarter final.

Thats not what football is about for me.

I remember when we started spending money people on here thought we had a ‘project’ and were comparing us to Man City. Lol.

We’ve never had the money of the top 5, we should have built like Leicester. Only once have they signed a cast off from the ‘big 6’ or Barcelona/Madrid in recent history (Iheanacho).

In the last 6 years, we’ve signed 14.

Thats the issue of our ownership for me is a complex one - shouting "Moshiri oot!" is fine but who's coming in that will genuinely turn us around and get us back to what we once were? If thats even possible.
Get us back to what we once were ?? you mean get us back to he safe place Kenwright had us?

"shouting "Moshiri oot!" is fine but who's coming in that will genuinely turn us around" ........ I wonder how many shouting Kenwright our have now realized nobody was coming in that will genuinely turn us around.

Dereliction of duty by a so called custodian of the club, looking at the profit and losses before he came, highest losses in a season never got below 20 million and profits just below 10 million under Moyes and BBS, post BBS then the losses started and big ones at that at 72, 120, 144 and it's looks like another triple digit one in the next accounts, only time the club was in profit under him was 2017 his first full season of ownership at 12 milion.

For someone who's spent most of his life in the financial field and most of all in accountancy he's shown to be an amateur, it's simply mindboggling how he's created a Enron of a football club under his watch, he's a mitigating disaster, a charlatan on par with Ridsdale at Leeds, Storrie at Pompey, Gartside at Bolton.

They were not outright owners but examples of men who created financial messes that those clubs took years to recover, Moshiri is doing the same, he needs to be stopped asap, he's a snake oil salesman, get him out before it's to late!!!

Get us back to what we once were ?? you mean get us back to he safe place Kenwright had us?

"shouting "Moshiri oot!" is fine but who's coming in that will genuinely turn us around" ........ I wonder how many shouting Kenwright our have now realized nobody was coming in that will genuinely turn us around.
He’s spent the best of £500m, if he would have come in with an actual 5-10 year plan, rather than just thinking that spending will get us there, then we’d be easily challenging for Europe/CL.

He’s done nothing in the club except cause chaos, agents needing to speak to 3 people to get a deal over the line, interference with signings, the use of is own friends to steer the club.

He’s an absolute lunatic who has no understanding of football

What?

To cut off (a part) from a whole: severed the branch from the tree. 2. To divide into parts; break or interrupt: sever a cord; severed the army's supply lines.

We have severed our link with Usmanov.

Next.
we haven't cut off anything with usmanov

your delusional if you think we have, we even made a formal statement saying the word suspended. Suspended completely contradicts severance.

that's like saying im suspended on pay when your contract of employment has been terminated

anyway like i said, its clickbait propoganda with the daily fail which gullible folks believe

What I am concerned about is this has the Niasse ban written all over it. They will make a big example out of us to show everyone you can’t break the rules and then never punish another team again. Just everything about Everton at the minute screams disaster, we seem to be in big trouble across the board. Everton that ?

Kenwright lucked out on Moyes mate - imagine had Martinez been appointed after Walter Smith.

We would have been in League One under Kenwrights regime.

The definition of a chancer.

But you raise a point - we were top 6/7 under many years under Moyes yet still fans were desperate for Kenwright to leave as they new there was a glass ceiling above him.

Without a Man City type buy out I cant see how our fans accept any owner long term. A few years of good grace maybe, but you cant go from the Moshiri era of £100 million transfer budgets to some tight arse US consortium spending a few quid here and there just because our accounts look good and we are posting profits annually.

Too much money in the PL now to be able to challenge the top 6 spending buttons.

Kenwright lucked out on Moyes mate - imagine had Martinez been appointed after Walter Smith.

We would have been in League One under Kenwrights regime.

The definition of a chancer.
But thats the point mate, he did luck out, but sometimes you have to make your own luck, he gave Moyes a chance, and time, none of this sacking managers ever two minutes like Moshiri has, he also had a clear plan with the little money we had available, and it did work.

"We would have been in League One under Kenwrights regime." we never once looked like going down under Kenwright, the season we came 4th from bottom we were safe with weeks to go.

See I cant work out if you think Moshiri is good or still have grudge against Kenwright?

What I am concerned about is this has the Niasse ban written all over it. They will make a big example out of us to show everyone you can’t break the rules and then never punish another team again. Just everything about Everton at the minute screams disaster, we seem to be in big trouble across the board. Everton that ?

They will do if they think we've breached.

But I don't think they'll do anything as we've been apparently open and transparent with them. We've cut back and for the most part it's all operational costs than anything in relation to the stadium and covid. We've sold players, players contracts are up and we've not spent what we've received.

They see we're actively reducing the losses, they'll be fine.

I hope anyway.

Also The Esk and Simon Jordan have stuck their neck out over it lol

I remember when we started spending money people on here thought we had a ‘project’ and were comparing us to Man City. Lol.

We’ve never had the money of the top 5, we should have built like Leicester. Only once have they signed a cast off from the ‘big 6’ or Barcelona/Madrid in recent history (Iheanacho).

In the last 6 years, we’ve signed 14.

Don’t forget the “it’s not your money why are you arsed?” thing our fans were peddling whenever anyone expressed concerns about the fees we were paying for questionable players. Some of us were saying all along why the reckless spending was a problem, because it would inevitably lead to something like this.

Now it’s head in the sand time and “it’s only the daily mail boooooooo” pure denial stage has been reached.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back