Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I voted for 'disappointed' on the first poll and haven't changed my mind. I had hoped for a clean sweep of the board and management. Had Moshiri done that he might have got good people ex Arsenal on the board. I think he could have had someone like Joe Royle as director of football. No Bill!

Quite encouraging noises on the stadium so if it's completed it should leave a positive legacy in that sense for him at least.

Whether by accident or design, not going all in with Usmanov as a co-owner is also going to result in a difficult situation not becoming absolutely catastrophic. I think they both realised the difficulties and limitations on that score in any case and tried to navigate it to our benefit before Putin's war.

I can't really see what's in it for him to remain in a post-stadium scenario. No doubt his intentions have been the best, but it's on him to impose a structure on the club that makes it the best it can be on all fronts and he has consistently and profoundly failed in all aspects on that score, excepting the stadium which I'm still apprehensive about.

In the meantime we have to avoid the catastrophe of relegation and try to navigate the next couple of seasons in a much weakened state.

Being reported that Farhad wants out.

Surprise surprise!
There has been talk about this for a while, Elton Welsby has been saying it for months, not that i trust any of the sources but i can actually see it being true, he has to know he has messed this up and his buddy Usmanov is out. Everyone at the club must hate him

There has been talk about this for a while, Elton Welsby has been saying it for months, not that i trust any of the sources but i can actually see it being true, he has to know he has messed this up and his buddy Usmanov is out. Everyone at the club must hate him
Thought it was Richard Keys who kept saying that his mate had told him?

He's going nowhere until BMD is built.

Unless the Daily Star believe he's happy selling the club for 1/2 of what it'll be worth when the new ground is built.

I think in normal circumstances you would be right.

However, with the sanctions on Oligarchs and Moshiri being heavily/financially linked to one of those and his Russian companies, I think the landscape has completely changed for Moshiri.

I think Moshiri probably wants out as quick as possible before the authorities start looking into his affairs.

Having the new stadium seemingly secured and the building underway, we must be a more attractive proposition for potential buyers than we were without a new stadium.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back