Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Nobody said peanuts, trying to undermine my points by talking in extremes doesn't make your point anymore correct.

If we are relegated, I will be correct unfortunately. Our better players who are on circa 100k a week will have to be sold in double quick time, there will be no lengthy haggling over fees because we will simply be in no position to do that. The likes of DCL and Richarlison are likely to go for around £40m each.

Comparisons with the likes of Newcastle being relegated a few years ago are a false equivalence. If we are relegated, our salary expenses are completely crippling, nothing akin to the likes of Newcastle, West Brom, Bournemouth and Norwich when they're relegated. We would be the modern Leeds.

We have to stay up.
Newcastle would have had a high wage bill,
Maybe not as high as ours, but it’s like nobody else’s is paying high wages. Zaha at palace Is on over 100k a week.

Richarlison has 2 years left so maybe we will have to sell cheaper. But DCL has 3 years left and is only on 20k a
Week apparently. Id imagine we’d keep him unless we get a top offer.
We can still get our price the following summer, if we go back up fist time.

Well said mate, exactly my thoughts we are an incredible institution, of rich identity, culture and history. Its been to be frank, abused, its that simple the clubs been abused - thats how i feel. The life blood of it has been draining from year to year to get to this point. No body identifies with the club or players anymore. Ive tried to steer clear of Everton social media this week, because i was initially so angry after Wolves - now im just upset, NEA. Some of the threads though ive seen - madness - people saying it could be a good thing if we go down or they dont care, ridiculous stuff, im heartbroken, be one of the darkest days ever. But its turned into Eastenders for many fans, the draw is the drama, that and im sure up and coming Evertonians must find it very hard to identify with the club, it doesn't feel like Everton anymore since Moshiri came in - those fans never had a chance really.
100% that.

Evertonians have changed. They cant hope not to have been, tbf.

First days of the Moshiri era I remember well: it was like supermarket sweep. Who we weren't going to buy wasn't worth discussing. We were brewstered and that was that.

The rationale of following Everton haemorrhaged out of the fan-base and created an army of entitled lazy arse fans who wanted success yesterday - never mind in the coming seasons.

This is where it's led.

Newcastle would have had a high wage bill,
Maybe not as high as ours, but it’s like nobody else’s is paying high wages. Zaha at palace Is on over 100k a week.

Richarlison has 2 years left so maybe we will have to sell cheaper. But DCL has 3 years left and is only on 20k a
Week apparently.
Id imagine we’d keep him unless we get a top offer.
We can still get our price the following summer, if we go back up fist time.
What lollollollol

He’s on £70k a week

What lollollollol

He’s on £70k a week
Is he it’s only what I found from a couple of sites. That said
He signed a new deal in 2020 and had him on 20k.

Has he signed a new deal since? Even on the wage you say he’d still wouldn’t be in our top 10 earners. And I still think the club wouldn’t sell him for less than 50mil

I voted for 'disappointed' on the first poll and haven't changed my mind. I had hoped for a clean sweep of the board and management. Had Moshiri done that he might have got good people ex Arsenal on the board. I think he could have had someone like Joe Royle as director of football. No Bill!
I think in normal circumstances you would be right.

However, with the sanctions on Oligarchs and Moshiri being heavily/financially linked to one of those and his Russian companies, I think the landscape has completely changed for Moshiri.

I think Moshiri probably wants out as quick as possible before the authorities start looking into his affairs.

Having the new stadium seemingly secured and the building underway, we must be a more attractive proposition for potential buyers than we were without a new stadium.
I don’t know what to believe any more so much fake news about us now, I think it’s disgusting how the press have reacted to our position and on a daily basis just savage us like mad vultures, we seem to have lost total respect from these journalists, I would say to Farhad Moshiri PLEASE if you can’t run our fine football club successfully please sell up preferably to the UAE I believe ( don’t know if it’s true )that sheik monsour was looking at us before Man City why didn’t bill kenwright sell to him?????!!!!!! We would be top of the pile now as it is we have got Newcastle fans sneering at us now, funny how money makes some people arrogant they are so sad!!

100% that.

Evertonians have changed. They cant hope not to have been, tbf.

First days of the Moshiri era I remember well: it was like supermarket sweep. Who we weren't going to buy wasn't worth discussing. We were brewstered and that was that.

The rationale of following Everton haemorrhaged out of the fan-base and created an army of entitled lazy arse fans who wanted success yesterday - never mind in the coming seasons.

This is where it's led.
True enough @davek.
For me though it was the infamous 'what a manager' game in very noisy bar full of happy Blues in the Algarve. The announcement that we had a benefactor to come to our rescue.
It wasn't until the next day that the news broke about certain terms.
How we wished for a 'White Knight' to ease our troubles. Instead of that we ended up with a 'Dutch Uncle' who was to retain all the incumbents who had managed our plight to one of mediocrity.
The Hostile Take-over we hoped for was instead the same mis-matched management, without direction, who were responsible for reducing our ambitions by running the club like a toy shop. This time with money, but no plan of how to use it correctly. Thanks Farhad. Not!
Mosh; you are an accountant first. End of.
Hopefully we do find another buyer, but I don't foresee that unless BMD is built, and that won't happen if we don't beat the drop. However. I do believe we will survive as the outcome is largely in our own hands.

He isn’t/never was Usmanovs accountant.

He was his bog standard money launderer, the kind of which has allowed the Oligarch cabal to run this country, financially at least, for years.

Scum of the earth and should be arrested the minute he sets foot back in the country.

Come to think of it, it might be one of the reasons he hadn’t been back in such a long time.

He’s still not the main problem.

“We’ve had some good times, haven’t we?”. When that’s your mentality and you’re still around that’s the problemS

Moshiri had a great opportunity to rip Everton apart, rebuild it like a proper football club, with excellent structure from recruitment, business and advertising.

Instead, he took advise off the biggest crook in Everton history, and fhat for me is unforgivable.

10 years ago, we played Liverpool in a semi final, which featured Brad Jones, Spearing, Downing and Jonjo Shelvey. We were favourites and got beat.
Since then, they’ve rebuilt, won a league, made multiple European finals and turned into one of the biggest teams in club football.

Meanwhile, we’re still pottering round, doing terrible deals and we’re a farcical club across the country for how poorly we’re run.

So yes, whilst it’s on Moshiri, a businessman, a Billionaire, for not being able to run a club, it’s more on Blue Bill for me.

He’s still not the main problem.

“We’ve had some good times, haven’t we?”. When that’s your mentality and you’re still around that’s the problemS

Moshiri had a great opportunity to rip Everton apart, rebuild it like a proper football club, with excellent structure from recruitment, business and advertising.

Instead, he took advise off the biggest crook in Everton history, and fhat for me is unforgivable.

10 years ago, we played Liverpool in a semi final, which featured Brad Jones, Spearing, Downing and Jonjo Shelvey. We were favourites and got beat.
Since then, they’ve rebuilt, won a league, made multiple European finals and turned into one of the biggest teams in club football.

Meanwhile, we’re still pottering round, doing terrible deals and we’re a farcical club across the country for how poorly we’re run.

So yes, whilst it’s on Moshiri, a businessman, a Billionaire, for not being able to run a club, it’s more on Blue Bill for me.
calling him a businessman gives him a veneer of respectability that this money launderer really doesn’t deserve.

If he was a proper businessman it’s likely we wouldn’t be in this mess. We got taken over by a crook.

calling him a businessman gives him a veneer of respectability that this money launderer really doesn’t deserve.

If he was a proper businessman it’s likely we wouldn’t be in this mess. We got taken over by a crook.

Which was enabled by?

He’s obviously a good businessman, whether his dealings are 100% legitimate or not (we don’t know for certain, do we?), he’s still established himself; he still knows what is effective and what needs to be done to change it.

He’s got it totally wrong, but he should have torn it down from the start and that’s his biggest downfall.

Which was enabled by?

He’s obviously a good businessman, whether his dealings are 100% legitimate or not (we don’t know for certain, do we?), he’s still established himself; he still knows what is effective and what needs to be done to change it.

He’s got it totally wrong, but he should have torn it down from the start and that’s his biggest downfall.
Your definition of good businessman and mine are obviously different

taking a cut from washing money from one place to another doesn’t justify that title imo

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back