Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
It’s entirely relevant, it’s the deduction of stadium costs and other exceptional items that allows us to avoid sanctions.

There really shouldn’t be any sanctions imo, and the new rules that make them a possibility will have played a significant role in Everton’s relegation should we go down.
Didn't mean to sound dismissive, if that's how it came across, apologies.

I can see how it helps with write-down, if thats the correct terminology and my point is the same as yours in that we should avoid sanctions as a result but if we go down then it becomes relevant. I sort of meant in the here and now, rather than either as a relegated team or if we did in fact get penalised next season.

Hope that makes sense.

Everton probably said we lost millions in merchandise sales, even though nowhere sells our stuff, and we are well known for ripping into people for wearing club shirts.

In the strategic report they are suggesting that significant sums were lost due to deflation in the transfer market as a consequence of COVID.

It's actually mad the position we're in as a club. Went from the tightest purse strings in the league and constantly competing and over achieving with nobodies to spending half a billion pounds to be in a relegation fight. Frankly the best thing for the club would be total failure, drive away the parasites that have festered for too long. We basically need to do what Villa did, go down, get sold from the clown owner that took them down in the first place, languish for a few years and come back up strong and capable of spending to compete.

Make no mistake it'll be painful and us as fans will be the only ones truly feeling that pain, it's crazy to think it's what I'm even advocating for but I legitimately think a "reset" like that would be the only way forward for us. Fire sale on the squad for whatever they'll be sold for. Build the team around Branthwaite, Gordon, Simms, Dobbin, Onyango, Gibson, Nkounkou Patterson, Mykolenko, could probably bring Virginia back from loan as the starting keeper and other young players too. I know that's a mad strategy but I'd much prefer develop these young players and have the chance of something to be proud of rather than watching the same gang of cowards stink up the place every week all the while getting paid hundreds of thousands of pounds.
We don’t need to sell everyone and
Play the kids for ffs. Talk about going overboard

Abramovich bought Chelsea 20 years ago and i think chelsea have only announced profits in 2 of those years he's been in charge.

This is a global football club based in London that competes in the biggest competition every year and they still make a loss

i think its a rarity these days for a larger club to post a profit because they pay ridiculous wages to get the best players in order to compete

the only clubs you see these days posting profits are probably your burnley's and brentfords

Abramovich bought Chelsea 20 years ago and i think chelsea have only announced profits in 2 of those years he's been in charge.

This is a global football club based in London that competes in the biggest competition every year and they still make a loss

i think its a rarity these days for a larger club to post a profit because they pay ridiculous wages to get the best players in order to compete

the only clubs you see these days posting profits are probably your burnley's and brentfords

They’ve won about 15 trophies in that time and been in about 20 finals but then again we have bills good times to remember fondly

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back