Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
It's not really relevant.

It’s entirely relevant, it’s the deduction of stadium costs and other exceptional items that allows us to avoid sanctions.

There really shouldn’t be any sanctions imo, and the new rules that make them a possibility will have played a significant role in Everton’s relegation should we go down.

Ticket sales are worth around 18m a season, in a non European season.

But you know, lets just add a 0 and hope the Premier League dont check.
Everton probably said we lost millions in merchandise sales, even though nowhere sells our stuff, and we are well known for ripping into people for wearing club shirts.

Everton probably said we lost millions in merchandise sales, even though nowhere sells our stuff, and we are well known for ripping into people for wearing club shirts.

Are we? Or is that just your circles?

I choose not to wear a shirt, mainly because it’s a rip, but I’m not giving someone grief for wearing Everton gear.

It’s easy to have a view of something when you only see it from a certain view, happens all the time. Tunnel Vision.

It's actually mad the position we're in as a club. Went from the tightest purse strings in the league and constantly competing and over achieving with nobodies to spending half a billion pounds to be in a relegation fight. Frankly the best thing for the club would be total failure, drive away the parasites that have festered for too long. We basically need to do what Villa did, go down, get sold from the clown owner that took them down in the first place, languish for a few years and come back up strong and capable of spending to compete.

Make no mistake it'll be painful and us as fans will be the only ones truly feeling that pain, it's crazy to think it's what I'm even advocating for but I legitimately think a "reset" like that would be the only way forward for us. Fire sale on the squad for whatever they'll be sold for. Build the team around Branthwaite, Gordon, Simms, Dobbin, Onyango, Gibson, Nkounkou Patterson, Mykolenko, could probably bring Virginia back from loan as the starting keeper and other young players too. I know that's a mad strategy but I'd much prefer develop these young players and have the chance of something to be proud of rather than watching the same gang of cowards stink up the place every week all the while getting paid hundreds of thousands of pounds.

It's actually mad the position we're in as a club. Went from the tightest purse strings in the league and constantly competing and over achieving with nobodies to spending half a billion pounds to be in a relegation fight. Frankly the best thing for the club would be total failure, drive away the parasites that have festered for too long. We basically need to do what Villa did, go down, get sold from the clown owner that took them down in the first place, languish for a few years and come back up strong and capable of spending to compete.

Make no mistake it'll be painful and us as fans will be the only ones truly feeling that pain, it's crazy to think it's what I'm even advocating for but I legitimately think a "reset" like that would be the only way forward for us. Fire sale on the squad for whatever they'll be sold for. Build the team around Branthwaite, Gordon, Simms, Dobbin, Onyango, Gibson, Nkounkou Patterson, Mykolenko, could probably bring Virginia back from loan as the starting keeper and other young players too. I know that's a mad strategy but I'd much prefer develop these young players and have the chance of something to be proud of rather than watching the same gang of cowards stink up the place every week all the while getting paid hundreds of thousands of pounds.
I’ve said this to my dad and brother. The club needs a massive reset switch pressed. Now ideally I would like that to happen while in the prem, but I feel this useless board are incapable and also unwilling to do so. Where as we go down then there would have to be automatic reset, in the playing staff but mainly the board room and departmental heads. Only fear is we are not guaranteed to come up back up within the 2 years. And that’s all you have is 2 years then the money dries up, and we become Leeds, and god forbid a Sunderland and Portsmouth. Either way we are mess and we are the ones who will suffer.

That team would get bummed every week even in the Scottish prem though mate..
Ah well of course you'd bring in some players too, I literally named them as the only ones I'd keep and try to develop. I legitimately think we'd buy better quality players as a Championship team than we do now. Add a decent centre half, winger and a midfield to that team and I think they'd be ok. Again what I'm saying is we're not coming straight back up, we'd be developing these players to be ready for when we would with consistent game time.

Is it that big of an issue? Moshiri has us avoiding sanctions with those losses. We can basically do what we want at this point as long as Moshiri covers the bill. People can finally shut up about FFP, it's worthless.

Last edited:

£170m of losses due to covid over two years brings loses under the magic figure for sanctions.
I’m a bit skeptical this will be accepted by the PL. because, turnover last year was about £190m and the club is claiming it’s lost nearly half its revenue over a two year period.
That seems … unlikely, and (I might be wrong) much higher than other clubs are claiming.

Only been able to look quickly at the numbers but the sums claimed to be attributed to Covid appear to be £14.8 million in 20/21 and £67.3 million in 19/20.

If you combine 20/21&2019/20 total income was £378 million and wages alone came to £346 million

I sums paid out over the two years in respect of the new stadium were said to be £31.5 million

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back