Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Moshiri has done well by us.

He has spent hundreds of millions of Pounds on players and given us a new stadium on a famous waterfront.

Can he really be blamed for experienced managers with great pedigree performing so poorly?
What he’s done is unprecedented. No owner in this league to my knowledge has taken over a penniless team pumped a huge volume of cash into them and regressed them without seeing any kind of short term success.

Comparable teams like Blackburn and Leeds have flown too close to the sun and found the spending to be unsustainable but they at least achieved some short term success relative to where they were i.e some kind of return on the investment.

This bloke has seen the team regress and achieve less than we did before (an incredible feat for a team that hadn’t won anything for almost two decades when he came in btw) and if the accounts are to be believed he’s done it with mostly his own money. This is not the sign of competent ownership.

What he’s done is unprecedented. No owner in this league to my knowledge has taken over a penniless team pumped a huge volume of cash into them and regressed them without seeing any kind of short term success.

Comparable teams like Blackburn and Leeds have flown too close to the sun and found the spending to be unsustainable but they at least achieved some short term success relative to where they were i.e some kind of return on the investment.

This bloke has seen the team regress and achieve less than we did before (an incredible feat for a team that hadn’t won anything for almost two decades when he came in btw) and if the accounts are to be believed he’s done it with mostly his own money. This is not the sign of competent ownership.

Villa and Lerner.

I'd be surprised given our circumstances tbh

Unless people are sensing that Moshiri is willing to accept a bargain price to cut his losses

From Moshiri's perspective it would make sense to hold out and cash out with the stadium delivered
It would unless we drop, for an investor looking for a club we will be one of the easy ones to pick off right now, none of the clubs with owners running them well are likely to be sold anytime soon.

Eh! If this Iranian has the dough he says he has, can’t he just get our remaining matches fixed in our favour? Everton aren’t we?!
Surely Moshiri could just get Usmanov to get Putin to get the KGB to hack into the premier league's computer and just move us up a few places in the table.

He'll be thrilled today.

If Lampard can keep us up then I think he'll be the one manager in a long time that has both the fans and the boards full support.

Another thing about what a terrible period of ownership this is under Moshiri. Today all our eyes were on the result of a game between Norwich and Burnley, two sides in the bottom three.
Prior to him arriving, a day like today our eyes would of been on the West Ham result as we battle for Europe, something we did a lot under the previous owner.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back