Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
What he’s done is unprecedented. No owner in this league to my knowledge has taken over a penniless team pumped a huge volume of cash into them and regressed them without seeing any kind of short term success.

Comparable teams like Blackburn and Leeds have flown too close to the sun and found the spending to be unsustainable but they at least achieved some short term success relative to where they were i.e some kind of return on the investment.

This bloke has seen the team regress and achieve less than we did before (an incredible feat for a team that hadn’t won anything for almost two decades when he came in btw) and if the accounts are to be believed he’s done it with mostly his own money. This is not the sign of competent ownership.
Very true under Moyes we mostly finished from 5th to 8th. Given the amount of money spent in the summer of 2017, to have to bring in big Sam to save us was ridiculous. We have put in some of the worst performances in the history of the club under him. His incompetence started from the beginning, when he didn't sack Bobby after the derby, pointlessly kept him on, then sacked him, before the last game of the season. The messing about with Pereira shows how thick he is. Had he sacked Benitez earlier after we lost to Brentford, we wouldn't be in this mess.

What he’s done is unprecedented. No owner in this league to my knowledge has taken over a penniless team pumped a huge volume of cash into them and regressed them without seeing any kind of short term success.

Comparable teams like Blackburn and Leeds have flown too close to the sun and found the spending to be unsustainable but they at least achieved some short term success relative to where they were i.e some kind of return on the investment.

This bloke has seen the team regress and achieve less than we did before (an incredible feat for a team that hadn’t won anything for almost two decades when he came in btw) and if the accounts are to be believed he’s done it with mostly his own money. This is not the sign of competent ownership.
He should be utterly embarrassed. I would if that was my business and record of running it. How can you invest so much only to get worse. Absolutely bizarre situation to be in.

Mosh has made some bad decisions - but it's really the crap managers / DOF's and crap players who are to blame for the decline since he took over. He's invested substantial sums and been let down badly on the footy side.

….he appointed the Managers.

Going over old ground but everyones a genius with the benefit of hindsight.

Koeman had Southampton 5th/6th in the table playing good attacking football which most Evertonians were pleased with the appointment.

Silva was a "young progressive" manager which our fans constantly cry out for and was 50/50 with the fans at the beginning similar to Lampard.

Alladyce was brought in to do a short term job and done it well

Ancelotti is one of the greatest managers of all time and 95% fans loved him.

Lampard was also the favourite candidate available with the fans.

Benitez aside (who the cultists in the fanbase couldn't take to) his hirings haven't been near as bad on paper as some make out.

Walsh screwed Koeman by selling Lukaku and not replacing him.

Brands screwed Silva by selling Gana / losing Zouma and not replacing either + signing Kean instead of an experienced CF to lead the line which we drastically needed.

Recruitment has killed us and the DOF's + scouting department take the bulk of the blame for that with the medical department not too far behind when we consistently have large amounts of injuries.

….he appointed the Managers.

Shame he hasn't got hindsight then Eggs, who would have thought so many managers would fail so spectacularly, especially when, to be fair they all got backed to the hilt. Not defending him like we he interfered far too much by all accounts. Our investment in players has on the whole been atrocious, hasn't been helped by having six managers in what seven years.

Shame he hasn't got hindsight then Eggs, who would have thought so many managers would fail so spectacularly, especially when, to be fair they all got backed to the hilt. Not defending him like we he interfered far too much by all accounts. Our investment in players has on the whole been atrocious, hasn't been helped by having six managers in what seven years.

….for a very successful businessman he‘s employed a alarming bad business model. The fact he brought in his own players, whilst managers and DoF also brought in their own has been a huge waste of money.

Saying that, it was the Benitez appointment that turned the club rotten both on and off the pitch. Moshiri has to carry the can for that catastrophe, it turned us from mid-table mediocracy to relegation material.

….for a very successful businessman he‘s employed a alarming bad business model. The fact he brought in his own players, whilst managers and DoF also brought in their own has been a huge waste of money.

Saying that, it was the Benitez appointment that turned the club rotten both on and off the pitch. Moshiri has to carry the can for that catastrophe, it turned us from mid-table mediocracy to relegation material.
Yup you could at least see the logic behind most of the other appointments (although I really didn't want Koeman). Benitez was a completely shambolic ego move in Moshiri's part

Yup you could at least see the logic behind most of the other appointments (although I really didn't want Koeman). Benitez was a completely shambolic ego move in Moshiri's part

To me it was very logical - just not from a blue perspective.

Lose Ancellotti and replace him with somebody that had followed Ancellotti before and done a half decent job. He's available, with good prem experience and local.

Ignore the fans because you are a cold-headed businessman.

From a blue perspective - and so mine - hiring a past-it ego-maniac who will be largely loathed by the fans is about as toxic as you can imagine and we are still feeling the ramifications and division is caused.

I have a feeling that in a couple of seasons we'll see an upturn of support behind Moshiri.

Ive got alot of confidence in Thelwell and Lampard.
Its more the point it would suggest that maybe previously with all the silly stuff it was Usmanov calling the shots otherwise why wait 6 years to start acting like a proper football club.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back