Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
In fact spending within their means has allowed the club to actually improve incrementally on the field to the point where they’re miles ahead of us and getting better every year
I don't think this is quite true. If either of Palace or Brighton had the injury list we have had this year, they would be down where we are if not worse off.

Palace have won the same games as us. Brighton one more.

I agree, but the pool of owners who would satisfy this fanbase is very low.

Shiekh Mansour
QIA (PSG)
Leicesters owners
Roman Abramovich

Those 4 aside we wouldn't be happy with anyone else.

Clubs like Brighton look to be improving but they bobble up and down as does every club outside of the scab 6.

Leeds finished top half last season with fans raving over Bielsa - 12 months on Biesla is sacked and they are 16th.

Palace are having a good season but are currently lower in the table than Everton were last season in which our fans weren't happy with 10th.

Sheffield Utd - top half one season relegated the next.

The money we have spent we shouldn't be in this position and thats not all on Moshiri far from it. And if he does sell up who's coming in realistically thats going to have us challenging for the top 7 + trophies whilst backing the manager with good levels of funds and being a genius in terms of running the club?

For me its a very unlikely pipe dream that we'll get all the above and be happy. Much more likely statistically to be taken over by another Moshiri/Lerner/Short type, a Lewis/Ashley/Green shady British owner type or a Glazer/Kroenke/Burnley US leveraged buy out Type.
You seem to be unfamiliar with the concept of accountability.

How the money was spent, and by whom, is entirely the responsibility of Moshiri.

He employed - or retained the services of - the people that have dumped us in this mess.

I think @ForeverBlue92 has some valid points here. The reality isn't as black and white as everyone is trying to make out.

Everton's fans ambition is above that of Brighton and Palace. We don't give managers or players time. It's very easy on the internet to say we should follow those clubs strategy but I'm not sure when it comes down to it, we would be so accommodating.

In defence of Moshiri he has backed everyone he has brought into the club. Rightly or wrongly. He has ploughed money after money into the club to try and get it right. Unfortunately the people he has hired have failed him.

He has tried to increase commercial deals by calling in favours etc. He has personally funded the start of the stadium build.

However, he is also at fault, he should have hired better people and he shouldn't be going off trying to sort his own transfers etc.

There is no single person at fault for the mess we are in. However, as the owner, the book does stop with him.

I think @ForeverBlue92 has some valid points here. The reality isn't as black and white as everyone is trying to make out.

Everton's fans ambition is above that of Brighton and Palace. We don't give managers or players time. It's very easy on the internet to say we should follow those clubs strategy but I'm not sure when it comes down to it, we would be so accommodating.

In defence of Moshiri he has backed everyone he has brought into the club. Rightly or wrongly. He has ploughed money after money into the club to try and get it right. Unfortunately the people he has hired have failed him.

He has tried to increase commercial deals by calling in favours etc. He has personally funded the start of the stadium build.

However, he is also at fault, he should have hired better people and he shouldn't be going off trying to sort his own transfers etc.

There is no single person at fault for the mess we are in. However, as the owner, the book does stop with him.

No he hasn’t btw. Usmanov has funded it.

I would also add, I think we would be in this positon/maybe even relegated now, if Moshiri hadn't come in. Moyes had held this club together for Kenwright and we were slowly slipping down under Martinez. Kenwright wouldn't have sacked him and he had no money to back him.

I would also add, I think we would be in this positon/maybe even relegated now, if Moshiri hadn't come in. Moyes had held this club together for Kenwright and we were slowly slipping down under Martinez. Kenwright wouldn't have sacked him and he had no money to back him.
I disagree.

We would have been far more assiduous with purchases with less money available instead of buying 6 no 10's and every crap centre back that has ever kicked a football.

Because there's no single person at fault, the man at the top must ultimately be the held responsible.

He either broke or hasn't fixed the structural issues at Everton that have lead us to where we are.

It is a failure of leadership.

I say this as someone who believes pretty strongly that Moshiri's heart is in the right place. He just doesn't know how to run a football club and wasn't quick enough to understand that and get someone more competent in to manage it.

Because there's no single person at fault, the man at the top must ultimately be the held responsible.

He either broke or hasn't fixed the structural issues at Everton that have lead us to where we are.

It is a failure of leadership.

I say this as someone who believes pretty strongly that Moshiri's heart is in the right place. He just doesn't know how to run a football club and wasn't quick enough to understand that and get someone more competent in to manage it.
Absolutely it is a failure of leadership. It is abundantly apparent that Moshiri hasn't got a clue about football, whether that's the economics or the tactics employed on the field. He is an absent owner and generally has left it all up to Bill who acted like a kid in a sweet shop. I'm sure we will see Bill blubbering all over TV if the worst happens.

So now there is some sort of internal review going on. Where was the review when we were signing absolute duffers like Sandro Ramirez and Davy Klaassen? Loads of fans could see right through the crap that has been signed. Injury prone has beens, flop prospects and Michael Keane. The club has learned nothing about the staggering fee paid for Iwobi, no matter how his recent performances have improved, they've gone and signed Dele Alli who is absolutely NOT the player Everton need right now.

The club is a shambles because at the top level they are just incompetent.

He's an accountant mate, how the feck did he sanction that kind of budgeting ,. We have been losing over 100 million a year for 3 years now and our wage bill is over 90% of our turnover. If our owner is an accountant, and he most certainly is, then it follows that our appalling fiscal position is down to him. It's his train set and he is not averse to getting involved in things hands on, so, if there is a single person who can be said to be at fault, it is Moshiri.

I in part agree with you in that as the owner, he should have been asking the Chairman and Board, who in my view share in the 'book stopping' responsibility, to produce a viable business plan which would develop the business. It is clear that as owner, he has interfered in day to day decisions when he should have been replacing the members of the Board who have been incompetent. It is for that reason I contend that a lot of responsibility for our current mess rests with the Board. If Moshiri was overstepping his roll then they should have challenged him and made it clear they were being prevented from doing their job.
Sadly, I believe that their abject incompetence lies at the heart of our current demise, they being so poor, they did not know what their job was or how to do it.

We have spent the past 20 years or more fighting fires with very little improvement.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back