Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I dont consider being a constant presence in the top flight for 70 odd years as a zombie existence. It's an achievement.

The future is uppermost in my mind though when I talk about the threat of relegation - we have a big future with a new stadium and will likely miss out on major investment if we slide into the Championship...which will be a prolonged stay.

People need to stop thinking about Kenwright et al leaving as a consolation. It wont be.
70 years in the top flight is an achievement, Dave, for as long as we weren't making up the numbers. This is our role now and had been, in all honestly, for 25 years plus. Moshiri rolled the dice to reverse that and got burned...because he's clueless. Kewnright has been the cancer at the hear of Evertonianism, corrosively eating away at the club since 1989, the last decade that we were crowned champions. So, basically, for half of that 70 years we have been irrelevant: a souped-up Tranmere.

Kewnright's depature will be a huge consolation for me. It'll be like the excision of a cancerous tumour that has been growing in size for decades.

70 years in the top flight is an achievement, Dave, for as long as we weren't making up the numbers. This is our role now and had been, in all honestly, for 25 years plus. Moshiri rolled the dice to reverse that and got burned...because he's clueless. Kewnright has been the cancer at the hear of Evertonianism, corrosively eating away at the club since 1989, the last decade that we were crowned champions. So, basically, for half of that 70 years we have been irrelevant: a souped-up Tranmere.

Kewnright's depature will be a huge consolation for me. It'll be like the excision of a cancerous tumour that has been growing in size for decades.
We've never dominated English football apart from a handful of years in the 80s. Not every team can be challenging for honours every season.

We've done more than just hang on in years we were unsuccessful though. I dont see the accumulation of trophies as the be all and end of football.

Look at Liverpool: 1 title (the most important title there is to be won) in 33 years.

We've never dominated English football apart from a handful of years in the 80s. Not every team can be challenging for honours every season.

We've done more than just hang on in years we were unsuccessful though. I dont see the accumulation of trophies as the be all and end of football.

Look at Liverpool: 1 title (the most important title there is to be won) in 33 years.
And two Champions Leagues.

And four FA Cups.

And one UEFA Cup.

And five League Cups.

And one Club World Cup.

We've way more in common with Tranmere Rovers, Dave. Like us, they don't challenge for the Premier League either.

This is why I am sanguine about relegation. The club, in all likelihood, needs to burned to the ground to start again, because it's riddled by parasites.
I’ve said it since last season, I don’t want relegation but I fear that’s the only way the muppets leave our club. Unless this new combined fan effort to get the board out works. But even then they have damaged us that much, that we may still sink before we rise again.

And two Champions Leagues.

And four FA Cups.

And one UEFA Cup.

And five League Cups.

And one Club World Cup.

We've way more in common with Tranmere Rovers, Dave. Like us, they don't challenge for the Premier League either.
Yes, but how many clubs can realistically be in the hunt for trophies over a long period? 4/5?

Everton aren't one of them.

I want trophies again, but I wont dismiss as 'just existing' our top flight record.

I’ve said it since last season, I don’t want relegation but I fear that’s the only way the muppets leave our club. Unless this new combined fan effort to get the board out works. But even then they have damaged us that much, that we may still sink before we rise again.
No Evertonian welcomes relegation. It'll be a disaster. But that's where we're headed, and no "rallying cries" whether from Seamus or blue flare-wielding teenagers will change that this time around. We need actual change - and we need it now. We need a new manager and we need money spent on new players. Now. And then we need a new board.

I have no appetite whatsoever for another "survival bid" where we all get emotionally involved in keeping the sinking ship afloat. Why? Too many broken promises, too much jam tomorrow, too much Kewnright. Fool me once... Some of us have been fooled at least three times now (94, 98, 22...). There does come a time where people like me must stop being masochistic self-harmers.

I think Moshiri has learned the hard way that premiership football is rigged in favour of reinforcing the status of the so called elite 'sky clubs.' It's a good thing to see Arsenal and Newcastle bucking this trend for now at least.

Moshiri thought he could simply throw money at us until we became successful again. What he did not navigate through was the agent deception of providing faux world class players to us at ridiculous prices. He was deceived time and time again and this perpetuated a slow decline in our fortunes. Massive contracts with no resale value occurred season after season. Most of these players were frauds. Moshiri fell for it. He then got strangulated by the corrupt FFP rules which prevent most clubs from progressing. I think when he realised the authorities were checking on his every purchase he became disillusioned and started to lose interest. You simply don't see him anymore. I think his main concern now is selling Everton at a profit. He knows this is only possible if we stay in the top flight and have the new stadium up and running.

The other matter is we really don't know how his relationship with Usmanov influences our clubs running. For all we know the sanctions on Usmanov may have affected Moshiris ability to spend money!

I think Moshiri has learned the hard way that premiership football is rigged in favour of reinforcing the status of the so called elite 'sky clubs.' It's a good thing to see Arsenal and Newcastle bucking this trend for now at least.

It totally is rigged, but that doesn't excuse how badly he has run thing, he has been the the architect of our downfall, it could of been avoided
The other matter is we really don't know how his relationship with Usmanov influences our clubs running. For all we know the sanctions on Usmanov may have affected Moshiris ability to spend money!
It 100% has, the well is dry

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back