Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
It’s hollow because it’s rarely or if at all, adhered to. Might as well remove it.
Indeed. If we're not adhering to it, why keep it?

Bring back knives to a gun fight and the magnificent seven dvd releases. That more than satisfied a fair number of you.
At least they were about realistic scenarios and achievements.

Ok. So 1 FA Cup plus some top 6s in 20 years is good enough for you.
At the time, no. We all wanted more.

But look where we are now, and where we're going.

We would have ended up here regardless at some point.
Disagree! We were in a strong footballing position at the end of the 13/14 season. The club's finances were in better shape, and the board was better run.

We have to leave Goodison. Moshiri's money made that happen.
He hasn't made that happen, has he?

It's not happened yet, and relegation will likely prevent it from happening at all.

Has Mosh explicitly promised relegation won't write off our stadium move?

mid-90's to 2013 we won the FA Cup, finished top 6 a bunch of times, had a few memorable cup runs & Euro adventures, and a handful of great players and classic matches.

2014-2022....not so much.
Btw please remind me of the memorable cup runs and euro campaigns!?!? Seems medicre is ok with you. . That's Everton's problem. At all levels.....

mid-90's to 2013 we won the FA Cup, finished top 6 a bunch of times, had a few memorable cup runs & Euro adventures, and a handful of great players and classic matches.

2014-2022....not so much.
Btw please remind me of the memorable cup runs and euro campaigns!?!? Seems medicre is ok with you. . That's Everton

Disagree! We were in a strong footballing position at the end of the 13/14 season. The club's finances were in better shape, and the board was better run.

It's not happened yet, and relegation will likely prevent it from happening at all.

He's half way there. And why would he come out and say that until we actually are relegated? Completing it ensures he can sell. It's common sense business practice to complete rather than mothball. Met some negative people in my life but you're either Davek's best mate or a bitter kopite wum.....

Told me all I needed to know. Thank you.

Disagree! We were in a strong footballing position at the end of the 13/14 season. The club's finances were in better shape, and the board was better run
Trying to recall this. RMs good season? We played sone good stuff before decline. Moshiri arrived in 2016, 2 years later. I do think RM deserved more time despite his penchant for embellishing performance and a chance with proper money, but he was the main casualty of change while the Board leads stayed in tact.

Last edited:
i doubt the new stadium (at those inevitably-inflated prices) will be regularly sold-out for lower league games.

More realistic is that relegation will have the stadium deal written off, and we'll stay at Goodison.

I dunno, I think the wheels are far to far in motion for the ground to fail now, it could be 12 months late, these things often are, but no chance it could be off, Laings won't allow that to.happen.

The stadium will happen regardless of league status. Any sale depends in it. Will be completed.

"The Guardian understands that if the stadium is not finished, Everton is obliged to pay to return Bramley-Moore Dock to the condition in which it found it. Experts suggested that such a bill could run to tens – if not hundreds – of millions of pounds. Everton said it was highly improbable it would have to pay those costs and declined to disclose its current estimate of this liability."

The future of the club is at stake, not just premier league survival or a stadium. This stadium project was started in a much less volatile and complex world too, pre covid, Ukraine etc and realistically probably dependent on Usmanov.

If we go down, it's an even bigger deal than for other clubs. I've got to be honest I'm not entirely convinced about it even if we stay up.

Btw please remind me of the memorable cup runs and euro campaigns!?!? Seems medicre is ok with you.
We had tidy away wins at Bundesliga clubs, getting to the knock-out rounds.

We got to semi-finals of the domestic cups.

These runs created some fine collective fan memories on the way.

If that seems mediocre to you, then how do you see things these last 5 years?

EDIT: and that's just including Roberto's time. Under Moyes we reached an FA Cup Final, and had a couple of decent Euro campaigns. You don't remember the Fiorentina comeback?

Completing it ensures he can sell. It's common sense business practice to complete rather than mothball.
Not accurate.

Trying to recall this. RMs good season?
You don't remember the 13/14 season?

You're calling me a kopite wum yet you don't remember our recent cup runs, Euro campaigns or even Roberto's first season?

hmmmmmmmmmmm lol

Last edited:

"The Guardian understands that if the stadium is not finished, Everton is obliged to pay to return Bramley-Moore Dock to the condition in which it found it. Experts suggested that such a bill could run to tens – if not hundreds – of millions of pounds. Everton said it was highly improbable it would have to pay those costs and declined to disclose its current estimate of this liability."

The future of the club is at stake, not just premier league survival or a stadium. This stadium project was started in a much less volatile and complex world too, pre covid, Ukraine etc and realistically probably dependent on Usmanov.

If we go down, it's an even bigger deal than for other clubs. I've got to be honest I'm not entirely convinced about it even if we stay up.

yep...the new stadium being ours is far from certain as things currently stand.

yep...the new stadium being ours is far from certain as things currently stand.
Rubbish mate. Absolute garbage. If I'm wrong I'll hold my hand up. But makes no financial sense at all now to stop if he wants rid. Just trying to remember incredibly memorable cup runs. I was at most recent United semi. We lost. Was at Fiorentina. We lost. Chelsea cup final. We lost. This is Everton. Second rate might be the last 30 years. But it wasnt the first 114.

Last edited:

This is a non-story. The Guardian understands...what exactly? That Moshiri wont fund it? That he has no money? That he's bankrupt? That he is a pauper? Its all hyperbole.

EDIT: and that's just including Roberto's time. Under Moyes we reached an FA Cup Final, and had a couple of decent Euro campaigns. You don't remember the Fiorentina comeback?

Not accurate.

You're calling me a kopite wum yet you don't remember our recent cup runs, Euro campaigns or even Roberto's first season?

hmmmmmmmmmmm lol
No I remember an all conquering team in the 80s and a team that overcame the odds in 95. I remember Goodison shaking against Fiorentina, but ultimately we lost. I know which era I prefer and expect. Under BK, mediocrity has become acceptable. Relegation fights were always a possibility while we swallowed the status quo. Moshiri's money should have changed it but.....the stadium remains the one positive in a dreadful period. Apart from the Ancelotti spike, the last 5 years havent been mediicre....they've been appalling....

Last edited:

Not accurate.

hmmmmmmmmmmm lol
‘Good times’ eh?

This is a non-story. The Guardian understands...what exactly? That Moshiri wont fund it? That he has no money? That he's bankrupt? That he is a pauper? Its all hyperbole.

No I remember an all conquering team in the 80s and a team that overcame the odds in 95. I remember Goodison shaking against Fiorentina, but ultimately we lost. I know which era I prefer and expect. Under BK, mediocrity has become acceptable. Relegation fights were always a possibility while we swallowed the status quo. Moshiri's money should have changed it but.....the stadium remains the one positive in a dreadful period. Apart from the Ancelotti spike, the last 5 years havent been mediicre....they've been appalling....
Let’s be honest, Laing O’Rourke would not be working on a project that is not being financed or there were question marks about it. They’d stand to lose millions themselves.

Moshiri's money has changed the club, for the worse. While most of us were looking forward to having money, it's corroded many of the core elements of the club.

The situation we're in is a direct result of the poor and disorganised leadership of the club at the highest level. I'd go back to the late 2000s like a flash!

Do you take washing in lad ?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back