Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
We had tidy away wins at Bundesliga clubs, getting to the knock-out rounds.

We got to semi-finals of the domestic cups.

These runs created some fine collective fan memories on the way.

If that seems mediocre to you, then how do you see things these last 5 years?

EDIT: and that's just including Roberto's time. Under Moyes we reached an FA Cup Final, and had a couple of decent Euro campaigns. You don't remember the Fiorentina comeback?

Not accurate.

You don't remember the 13/14 season?

You're calling me a kopite wum yet you don't remember our recent cup runs, Euro campaigns or even Roberto's first season?

hmmmmmmmmmmm lol
What you have described is the very definition of “mediocre”. That’s what Kenwright’s et al have done to some fans. Led them to believe that winning at Nuremberg and Wolfsburg constitute great European runs. We never got beyond the last 16. It’s genuinely pathetic that we have come to this but we are where we are.

I wouldn't trust this tosser to get any decision right. He has overseen one of the worst declines in our history. He needs to cut his losses before he loses mega millions taking us down to a championship club and whoever buys us needs to fire the lot of them and bring in their own trusted professionals to run the club. While this clown still owns us, the downward spiral will continue.

Do one Moshi.

Moshiri has to appoint a new Chairman and shift Bill (who has £9m of shares by the way) into the background.

He does that and saves himself a lot of time and relieve the pressure on the club.

I don't see him selling up which we want until that stadium is built
Definitely needs to get rid of bill. People who sit round me seem to think he has no influence and is just a face. What chairman who is paid a 7 figure yearly salary, who has surrounded himself with his yes men at the club and on the board has no influence. Of course he has influence. He is the definition of small mentality when he says to fans we have had good times.

Definitely needs to get rid of bill. People who sit round me seem to think he has no influence and is just a face. What chairman who is paid a 7 figure yearly salary, who has surrounded himself with his yes men at the club and on the board has no influence. Of course he has influence. He is the definition of small mentality when he says to fans we have had good times.
We have the second highest paid board in the league. "No influence"? Ha ha. They're like the kleptocratic ruling junta of a mineral-rich third world state.

What you have described is the very definition of “mediocre”. That’s what Kenwright’s et al have done to some fans. Led them to believe that winning at Nuremberg and Wolfsburg constitute great European runs. We never got beyond the last 16. It’s genuinely pathetic that we have come to this but we are where we are.
Big Nev called this mentality out years ago and got ghosted and cut off by the club - we should have protested over the way he was treated way back then.

If moshiri actually cares anymore, he needs to act and remove the board now.

He let Bill have the keys to the kingdom even after buying the club - biggest mistake of his life. Hopefully this more unified ongoing protest makes kenwright want away and to sell his Shares.

moshiri needs to do them right thing for once and sack them all, for his and the clubs sakes.

This is an alarming attitude and one that needs stamping out.

In no way shape or form is being relegated a good thing.
I didn't say it was. I said I was sanguine about it - as in "not caring a whole lot if it happens" or "being optimistic or positive in a bad situation." In other words, I won't lose sleep.

That attitude indeed needs stamping out - but it is one that has been nurtured and grown by the behaviour of the board over 25 years. The only way to "stamp it out" is to change the hierarchy and give the fans the hope that has been stolen from them.

Anybody "going into battle" for Everton now is, in my view, still in denial and deeply deluded. They're being used by a morally bankrupt board completely out of the money and ideas needed to restore belief and credibility - not to mention hope - in the club.

I didn't say it was. I said I was sanguine about it - as in "not caring a whole lot if it happens" or "being optimistic or positive in a bad situation." In other words, I won't lose sleep.

That attitude indeed needs stamping out - but it is one that has been nurtured and grown by the behaviour of the board over 25 years. The only way to "stamp it out" is to change the hierarchy and give the fans the hope that has been stolen from them.

Anybody "going into battle" for Everton now is, in my view, still in denial and deeply deluded. They're being used by a morally bankrupt board completely out of the money and ideas needed to restore belief and credibility - not to mention hope - in the club.
The implication was that relegation came with a slver lining: we get shut of the board (not a given in any case).

Relegation kills this club for a generation.

The implication was that relegation came with a slver lining: we get shut of the board (not a given in any case).

Relegation kills this club for a generation.
The only silver lining, Dave, is the pretence of Everton being a great club or a big club will finally fall away. I think we live in a nether region of delusion about our place in the game, not really in the present, certainly not looking to the future, and generally stuck in the past. We take pride in trivial things - such as being one of six ever-present Premier League clubs - because we can no longer take pride in real things: like being part of the big six who win things.

We don't need relegation to kill the club for a generation. Open your eyes, Dave. The club as we knew it - the mighty Everton of the mid 1980s - has been dead for the generation that followed. And to me, there is no point making up the numbers. Everton only makes sense as a trophy-contending major power in the game. Anything else is Tranmere.

The only silver lining, Dave, is the pretence of Everton being a great club or a big club will finally fall away. I think we live in a nether region of delusion about our place in the game, not really in the present, certainly not looking to the future, and generally stuck in the past. We take pride in trivial things - such as being one of six ever-present Premier League clubs - because we can no longer take pride in real things: like being part of the big six who win things.

We don't need relegation to kill the club for a generation. Open your eyes, Dave. The club as we knew it - the mighty Everton of the mid 1980s - has been dead for the generation that followed. And to me, there is no point making up the numbers. Everton only makes sense as a trophy-contending major power in the game. Anything else is Tranmere.
I dont consider being a constant presence in the top flight for 70 odd years as a zombie existence. It's an achievement.

The future is uppermost in my mind though when I talk about the threat of relegation - we have a big future with a new stadium and will likely miss out on major investment if we slide into the Championship...which will be a prolonged stay.

People need to stop thinking about Kenwright et al leaving as a consolation. It wont be.

I dont consider being a constant presence in the top flight for 70 odd years as a zombie existence. It's an achievement.

The future is uppermost in my mind though when I talk about the threat of relegation - we have a big future with a new stadium and will likely miss out on major investment if we slide into the Championship...which will be a prolonged stay.

People need to stop thinking about Kenwright et al leaving as a consolation. It wont be.
Billy Liar would love your first two sentences.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back