Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Leeds owner is an Italian guy, Andrea Radrizzani. And sorry to upset your apple cart but there is nothing in those Qatari rumours. According to numerous well placed people it was sadly little more than Moshiri 'having a chat' there is no offer nor any sign of one on the table in the near future.
What about these Qatari rumours for naming rights to the new Stadium?

Let's say they can get themselves into the champions league, won't those share holders reap the rewards then? It's not like they are stagnant, there not far off it as it is, if they can take one more step the value of the club will be even higher

Of course, but they just get a bigger reward with dilution and a minority partner.

Leeds owner is an Italian guy, Andrea Radrizzani. And sorry to upset your apple cart but there is nothing in those Qatari rumours. According to numerous well placed people it was sadly little more than Moshiri 'having a chat' there is no offer nor any sign of one on the table in the near future.

I think Leeds already have a minority partner.

And look, I don't know what well placed people you know, but I dont think you can discard the possibility so easily. It is unusual for Sarvar and Moshiri to put stuff such as that online for all to see.

But who knows. We would fit the profile of what a wealthy state would like to invest in (essentially a basket case that would greatly appreciate their income).

I have no idea on any likelihood of a bid, but unless you know Moshiri/Usmanov not sure you can discount it either.

They are not going touch a club hanging on the brink of relegation, that's just a fact.

You mean like Newcastle, who were bottom of the league?

You're not on the right track here at all mate.

They would pay little interest in that relatively speaking. They want to buy into a great narrative. A turnaround story. A club struggling with relegation probably fits that profile better.

Its partially why these owners have never bought into established clubs, and frankly never would, as culturally it gives them limited upside.

There would be lots of things that would prevent them buying the club, but I doubt they would be too bothered about us being in a relegation dogfight. This can be seen by Newcastle being bought out. It just adds to the theatre and sense of spectacle.

So we have a link to Qatar via Mail/Echo for a stadium sponsor after publicity calling out our board, then Spurs get sounded out for an official meeting for investment, now we think Qatar will buy a minority stake in Everton?

A stadium sponsor would be roughly £6-10m a season if we are lucky.

We are roughly around £800m-£1b (after/if the stadium is finished) so a majority figure would be around 25% or £200m.

Spurs on the other hand value themselves at FOUR Billion.

As rumours go, I'd say we are more financially viable but it's Qatar they would easy blow a billion to make Spurs a feeder team

So we have a link to Qatar via Mail/Echo for a stadium sponsor after publicity calling out our board, then Spurs get sounded out for an official meeting for investment, now we think Qatar will buy a minority stake in Everton?

A stadium sponsor would be roughly £6-10m a season if we are lucky.

We are roughly around £800m-£1b (after/if the stadium is finished) so a majority figure would be around 25% or £200m.

Spurs on the other hand value themselves at FOUR Billion.

As rumours go, I'd say we are more financially viable but it's Qatar they would easy blow a billion to make Spurs a feeder team

If Qatar have any interest mate, they will be motivated by what would make a good news story. What would win hearts and minds. Thats the currency they are after.

If Qatar have any interest mate, they will be motivated by what would make a good news story. What would win hearts and minds. Thats the currency they are after.
The irony of taking a dinosaur of a club like Everton and generating a new found wealth just like their gas and oil.

A real fairytale story, minus the fairy for obvious reasons.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back