Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Timmy getting in with Qatar Airways.

While getting us a new manager at the same time?

At this point despite hardly watching any of the world cup because I was against where it was and time of year, I would happily sell my soul to the devil if they want to buy us and immediately sponsor our shirt sleeve for 200 million per season and our stadium for 300m.

You mean like Newcastle, who were bottom of the league?

You're not on the right track here at all mate.

They would pay little interest in that relatively speaking. They want to buy into a great narrative. A turnaround story. A club struggling with relegation probably fits that profile better.

Its partially why these owners have never bought into established clubs, and frankly never would, as culturally it gives them limited upside.

There would be lots of things that would prevent them buying the club, but I doubt they would be too bothered about us being in a relegation dogfight. This can be seen by Newcastle being bought out. It just adds to the theatre and sense of spectacle.

Great point. The people who bought Manchester City could have bought Man Utd or the other crowd (or both of them had they wanted and had been allowed to) but didn't. Pick a club going nowhere and help them up the greasy pole and watch how your own exposure increases. Also, where's the sport in winning the top trophies with a team that's already won them several times? Ambramovich did the same with Chelsea, I suppose. Didn't buy Arsenal or Spurs, did he?

Great point. The people who bought Manchester City could have bought Man Utd or the other crowd (or both of them had they wanted and had been allowed to) but didn't. Pick a club going nowhere and help them up the greasy pole and watch how your own exposure increases. Also, where's the sport in winning the top trophies with a team that's already won them several times? Ambramovich did the same with Chelsea, I suppose. Didn't buy Arsenal or Spurs, did he?

Its worth pointing oot that QSI only want to invest in a club not take over one.

Essentially if QSI took a majority stake and/or had representation on said clubs board then should that side be in the same competition (CL) as PSG it would be against the rules.

Its why they only purchased a 22% stake in Braga.

Considering purchasing say 25% of Spurs would be around £600m-1billion and having no boardroom representation it makes little sense.

Whereas you could buy say 30% in an Everton for probably what £250-300m (including BMD in that cost) or even less for a stake in a Leeds/Wolves etc.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back