Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Ye i get what you mean that he couldn’t throw everyone under the bus.

But even if he stated that they are working hard to bring in expirianced board members with business background would be a start
But why did you think he’d say that? That’s the point really, it was very obvious that he’s happy with the board so why on earth did people think writing him a letter was going to change his mind? He’s not been sat there in blissful ignorance then been given a letter and gone ‘We’re WHERE in the league? And the accounts said WHAT?’, he’s clearly been quite content for things to be a shambles at that level for the last 7 years, I genuinely can’t understand for the life of me why people thought he was now going to revamp the club because he got an arsey letter from some fans and Alan Stubbs said he’s fed up of not getting freebies anymore.

Picsart_23-01-11_19-06-34-802.webp

Yes, the dreaded vote of confidence.

He's always been reactionary. He is never proactive. He will wait until he needs to bloodlet. He won't, it appears, be able to rid himself of "the Chairman", so it'll be a new manager or a new player at the end of the window that buys him some grace. Whatever's cheaper.

Perhaps the difference now though is he's given up and is looking to sell.

Has the ambition gone?

Damage limitation mode.

Perhaps the difference now though is he's given up and is looking to sell.

Has the ambition gone?

Damage limitation mode.
Yeah, I think he's checked out mentally and his focus is on a sale. But is it in his interests to see us relegated before that happens, or is he chilled about things - and declaring confidence in all and sundry - because he has somebody waiting in the wings?

I find his response intriguing. He didn't have to respond at all. Perhaps he is simply very polite?

As depressing as it is our best case scenario with him is probably if he goes full Mike Ashley, doesn’t put a penny aside from the minimum in and will sell to the first bidder that meets his value.

No doubt we’ll suffer on the pitch until then but it means we don’t further plunge ourselves into financial turmoil and means once we do get bought that we’ll actually be able to spend the money instead of being hamstrung by FFP and rules like we are now because he constantly insists on spending ridiculous money so wastefully.

A statement made out of water.

There is not one single Everton who will read that and think “that’s put my mind at rest.”

The bit that wound me up most was this:

“My two open letters to fans in the last 12 months.”

The tone of that not only suggests he thinks that’s generous, but that he’s pissed off having to write another.

Terrible stuff, Moshiri.

What else was he going to say?

Admit he has got everything wrong over seven years apart from the stadium?

Announce the manager, DOF, chairman, CEO, and board are all to be fired?

They are all in it together - and what a cosy consensus it is - until the time comes for a sacrificial lamb when the manager of the day gets fired from a rocket.

And then the cycle starts over.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back