Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Everton’s losses over the last three years amount to £371.8m, with Premier League rules stating a club is in breach of financial regulations if they make an adjusted loss of more than £105m over a three-year period. In the last seven years the club have made a profit just once, in 2016-17.

Transfer fees are only a small part of the clubs spending.

Can you confirm the math for me mate as I've crunched the numbers, punched them into my ffp combobulator, squared it on my Casio wrist watch (with torch) and by my workings out we should be clear and ready to spend again season 2047/48

Last 5 years our net spending is now 12th in league. Surely it’s not ffp stifling the spending now?

It is.

Our wage bill is the issue and our wages to turnover ratio was the highest in the league around 90%.

When we have losses over 100 million per season for the last 3 seasons and FFP says you are only allowed a combined lose of 105 million over 3 seasons.

We have a few more years of acting like this to go.

Wages

We've paid some astronomical wages to some absolutely awful football players. Often on 5 year deals while they play for someone else on loan.

Everton’s losses over the last three years amount to £371.8m, with Premier League rules stating a club is in breach of financial regulations if they make an adjusted loss of more than £105m over a three-year period. In the last seven years the club have made a profit just once, in 2016-17.

Yeah I understand this but I look at clubs like West Ham and villa who have spent more and like paid similar wages and no more income than us.

That figure is almost a year old. Came out around March last year I believe. Doesn't negate it any but I'd say its a less now come the 12 month mark

He has directly involved agents in our transfers to the obvious detriment of everton and to the benefit of rivals (El Ghazi, Villa). This idea that he is just some benevolent bystander should have died a long time ago.
I am not in the know on this one.
Yes, Kenwright hasn’t been held accountable by Moshiri, who’s his boss???
Which would be all well and fine for a random bloke working a random job. Sure, blow all the money with no cares as long as the boss man isn't fretting. If that is what your morals allow you to do.

But we have all repetitively been force fed this fairy tale of how Bill is a True Blue that loves the club more than anyone, and is willing to do whatever it takes to find success for the club he has supported his whole life.

At what point in a failing passion project would you as a man decide to have a word with yourself, and choose to step away, when it is clear to everyone that you are at fault? How can a man live into his 70s without developing any sort of introspective awareness?

As far as i can tell, and i might be wrong here, we probably have the biggest turnover of staff and board members out of any club in the league in the last 7 years.

Im not Kenwrights biggest fan by any means, but he is a figureahead at best. DBB gets an enormous amount of flack as well. Are these people somehow responsible for Anthony Gordon missing 2 sitters from 8 yards out against bottom of the league?

The fact is, we are performing poorly because things haven't gone to plan. That doesnt mean there isnt one.

All the histrionics in here and across social media does nothing but cause unrest. The groans start at any negative result and it snowballs. But thats football.

That other whopper Ped drones on and on about Newcastle till hes even redder in the face than normal, but ill tell u what happened at Newcastle. They got a new manager and few new players, got some good results and the momentum has carried them. The difference between where they are now and where we are now is the difference between 2 goals chalked off to offside and 2 Almiron worldies that he may never score again.

Confidence and positivity breeds confidence and positivity.

Should we have another striker in? Undoubtedly. But the reason our finances are the way they are is because we rolled the same dice Newcastle did, several times, and ran out of luck each time. Not because Dan Ashworth has changed the DNA of the club in less than a year.

The anger is multiplied because that lot across the park have gone virtually 5 years unbeaten, but we cant all cheat and get away with it.

The system is rigged. The sooner some people see that the better.
Moshiri is correct in that we need some sort of stabilisation. Far too many managerial changes, all backed and requested by the majority of fans. Of course there will be a wiping of hands on that part as I’ve already seen in this thread.

when are the accounts due , wasn’t there an issue with the auditors not wanting to continue

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back