Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Farhad has done nothing wrong other than provide massive amounts of money to the wrong people, that they have subsequently wasted.

If you want to place blame, place it all on Bill Kenwright. It defies all logic and reason that he hasn't been sacked from his role. His influence is the virus that has infected what Everton historically has stood for. If Bill were a real Blue that cared about the club he would step down.
Moshiri is the person with the authority to replace the chairman so your argument doesn't really make sense

You say its a flaw in my post, but i didnt acknowledge it because i didnt think it needed addressing. It is what is. Its history now, it can't be changed. But just as i cant say it wouldnt have made a difference if he had been replaced, you cant say it would. Neither of us know.

None of us really know what goes on, and so, people assume, and shout, and moan, and talk about having a plan, etc. We literally dont know what the plan is, and why should we? Do you know the inner workings of any club?

Its just largely about being heard for a lot of people, and those that shout loudest get the most attention and traction, whether those ideas are worthwhile or not.

We can all be as frustrated as the next fan, but calling for nondescript actions to be taken, with no idea of the consequences, by people who havent got a clue what they are talking about, that is not it.

And when they angrily call for a response, get 1, and then fume even more because they dont get the exact response they want, its entitlement and nothing more.

Like i say, i genuinely dont know what these people expected in a response, and im still waiting for someone to explain it to me.
Thanks, Bill. Very insightful! I'm fully behind you. The 'good times' are deffo...behind us?!

Been snowballing for near 30 years Kev.
The same fella is still rolling that ball.
That is obviously true and fair. But alls i would say to that, is your regular visits to the site, which are greatly appreciated, is surely proof of at least some tangible progress, or at least a plan towards it? On the pitch, we are a mess, most of which i attribute to impatience and entitlement, and a lack of consideration for circumstances, other than to say "Team not good. Get board out".
Supporting a football club is an emotional investment, The history you mention has an impact on that. Under such circumstabces suopporters are entitled to expect improvement. If EFC had no fans it would not exist.
It definitely is, and its exhausting, i live it as well. But improvement is finite and again, based in curcumstance. Improvement this year could be being safe with 5 games to go instead of 2, but not many people would accept it.
Yeah all fair enough, but we don’t have to  Like it - hence the fume on here.
I definitely dont like whats happened, but also, i dont like some of the things certain groups have fans have called for either, including a majority who refused to entertain Allardyce and decent sized portion who wanted to see the back of Carlo Ancelotti.

When i hear the same malcontents get angry at every decision, its like the boy who cries wolf and i just cant take it seriously.

Farhad has done nothing wrong other than provide massive amounts of money to the wrong people, that they have subsequently wasted.

If you want to place blame, place it all on Bill Kenwright. It defies all logic and reason that he hasn't been sacked from his role. His influence is the virus that has infected what Everton historically has stood for. If Bill were a real Blue that cared about the club he would step down.
He has directly involved agents in our transfers to the obvious detriment of everton and to the benefit of rivals (El Ghazi, Villa). This idea that he is just some benevolent bystander should have died a long time ago.

'It was a Wednesday evening on 11th Jan when Evertonians had their suspicions confirmed after many years...

They were infact being run by a mad man.'

Uh, ohhhhhh. ??

It’s a far more complex debate then many of the pressure groups suggest, I keep hearing “we want change” - what’s that exactly….because change could be catastrophic for us. I’m not defending anyone here just stating what I believe to be the reality. Would I like us run better, definitely I’ve been saying it long before the koolaide was drunk - in regard to our finances.

No doubt a fair degree of mismanagement happened, the owner perhaps to my mind is content to have patsies at board level in place so he can make all decisions - it happens. That or he’s naive and been taken advantage of “by supporting his management teams”.

Nuts and bolts and he has said it in his letter, he’s invested huge sums of money in the club, he’s taken on board and solved the ground issue - two high priority problematic issues at the club for decades, his commitment and actions of support can’t be questioned. Incredible sums of money have been spent, no one else is going to that in my opinion, or certainly they can’t.

The problem we have now is the club is utterly dependent on him now for financial survival, those 100s millions of losses we see every year is actual money being covered by Moshiri, without those cheques the club ceases to function and goes into administration or liquidation - essentially all assets getting sold. You won’t see that in the small print of the advocacy groups when they talk “of change”, nor can they give guarantees that a new owner won’t come in and asset strip us to cover our losses etc.

So it’s a fair more complex discussion, then a glib, we want change, a new man comes in and we start from scratch, that’s not going to happen, we’re in a hole and without Moshiri cheques we are in huge trouble.

So ultimately a lot of contrasts exist at the same time, have we been mismanaged - yes, has he invested an incredible amount of money on the club and infrastructure - yes. Is the club utterly dependent on him and without further investment to cover our losses are we in huge trouble - yes.

Someone is going to have to come up with something better in terms of strategy as just “change” because it’s a far more complex issue then just a binary in or out, in terms of the clubs well being.

Again I’m not defending him or the management teams as it’s clear we have been poorly managed, but the problem that has been created isn’t something that is going to be reset with a new owner - in fact things could get worse if there is no guarantee that an external partner covers our losses. That’s how I see the reality of the clubs position in regard to the dynamic.
A new owner would improve things on day 1 if they were slightly competent. The whole club is a complete shambles from top to bottom and the responsibility ultimately lies with the man at the top.

Lots of football clubs oversee takeovers. Were not reliant on him anymore than any other club is reliant on an owner. The best thing Moshiri could do is sell up and let someone else have a go. Its absolutely not something to fear, its something to relish, and our only way out of this mess.

Nothing gets better until board and owner go.

Moshiri could’ve sacked Kenwright 7 years ago and still hasn’t. So Moshiri is the problem. Try again.

Moshiri is the person with the authority to replace the chairman so your argument doesn't really make sense
All that I am getting at is; as a fan, who am I most disappointed with:

A. The (Non football) business guy that has spent millions of quid on my club in an effort to improve it, and continues to be accountable to the corresponding financial loses.

B. The guy leading the board that determined our strategy on how we allocated those funds; whom to date has not been held accountable for his poor decision making.

All that I am getting at is; as a fan, who am I most disappointed with:

A. The (Non football) business guy that has spent millions of quid on my club in an effort to improve it, and continues to be accountable to the corresponding financial loses.

B. The guy leading the board that determined our strategy on how we allocated those funds; whom to date has not been held accountable for his poor decision making.
And he has not been held to account because Moshiri has not held him to account.

We're going round in circles here.

Kenwright has clearly failed in the role of chairman and has oversaw decades of decline, but the ultimate responsibility lies with the owner of the club. Moshiri could have overhauled the board on day 1 and that's his biggest failing by far.

Last 5 years our net spending is now 12th in league. Surely it’s not ffp stifling the spending now?
Everton’s losses over the last three years amount to £371.8m, with Premier League rules stating a club is in breach of financial regulations if they make an adjusted loss of more than £105m over a three-year period. In the last seven years the club have made a profit just once, in 2016-17.

Transfer fees are only a small part of the clubs spending.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back